Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

should we be happy or be sad?

jesusisthegod

last year, a young christian fellow I know got a terminal cancer. thousands local christians prayed for him . but he passed away finally. He was a christian.
we pretty sure he would go to the heaven with God.
so should we be happy for him? before his physicial death, should we say: so happpy for you, you will go to the heaven soon. congradulations and so on. why his family was so truely sad.:confused:

We must have compassion on the suffering. It is good to give comfort to the dying brother that the promise of Jesus is real. But for the living ones who love the dying one His death means that they will not see him for a long time. If his loved ones are very young, maybe many years. So even though they know one day they will be together again they still feel sorrow that they will be parted for a time.

Personally i am not saddened by the death of someone that i believe is a true Christian. But when i see the crying of the dead brothers family and loved ones i am moved to tears. Not because of death but because of others suffering.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Well said Adstar. There is no reason to cry if someone is saved regardless of their illness. I believe sometimes GOD puts their test to faith at the end of their life only to build them up fully before they are sent away above to heaven :)

I do feel sorry for those who die unsaved. Thats terrible to the max

I agree with everone here, too!! We should be glad when someone's suffering is ended and they get to go walk on the streets of gold. Of course we will miss them, and that is ok.

Christsservant said:
I agree with everone here, too!! We should be glad when someone's suffering is ended and they get to go walk on the streets of gold. Of course we will miss them, and that is ok.
Frankly, we'll miss him so much, or feel so sad, but I think our body is temporary, though, so if he got the toughest time and the period is ended. Halleujah! Even though we do not know His will completely, in here or in up there as well, His great care will be going on.

Back