• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Should the world have orphans?

Staff Member
Or have eaten my morsel myself alone, and the fatherless hath not eaten thereof;
Job 31:17

Apparently there are over two billion Christians in the world today (2021).

that is a huge amount!

Apparently there are up to four hundred million orphans in the world today (2021)
==============

Orphans in the World

The number of orphans in the world is increasing due to problems such as wars and conflicts, natural disasters, epidemics, poverty and mass migration. Children, who make up 2.2 billion of the estimated 7.7 billion of the world’s population, remain at risk and exposed every day for various reasons. If a child between 0 and 18 years of age who has lost one or both parents is considered an orphan, the number of orphans in the world today is estimated at over 140 million. [8] It is estimated that a total of approximately 15.1 million out of 61 million who live in Asia, 52 million in Africa, 10 million in Latin America and 7.3 million in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, have lost both parents.[9]

In addition to all these official data, it is known that many children around the world are not registered as "orphans" for various reasons. There are many orphans, i.e. “invisible children”, who have never been registered, or those who have not been identified as orphans because their relatives took care of them after their parents died, or those who have not been registered due to technical difficulties and negligence. Considering all these cases, the actual number of orphans around the world is estimated at 400 million.[10]

* I recommend that you read the report - Br. Bear
==============

let us look at it like this

2,000 000 000 - professing Christians
400 000 000 - orphans who have no choice

OK.

A simple question,
since there are 2 billion Christians - no, let's knock that down a bit, because quite a few of those may be children

since there are 1 billion Christians in the world, why are there any orphans?

This is a challenging question... be challenged

Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
James 1:27

....><>

Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; uphold the rights of the afflicted and oppressed.

Psalm 82:3

Staff Member
In the United States, there are approximately 437,000 children in the foster care system on any given day. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, in 2016 (the last year of reported data) there were over 117,000 children waiting for adoption, but only 57,000 placements occurred. More than 60% of children spend 2–5 years in the foster care system. The average age of U.S. children awaiting adoption is seven years, seven months and each year, roughly 30,000 young adults age out of the foster care system.

It can be difficult to hear the statistics and even more difficult to think how you might make a difference in the worldwide orphan crisis. So what can you do? First, consider adoption. Attend an adoption fair, gather information, meet with your local family services office. Whether you choose to adopt internationally or from foster care, providing a child with a forever home is a beautiful gift, both for you and the child.

If adoption is not for you, consider volunteering with an organization

Active
Brother Bear are we not all orphans?( 1 Peter 2:11) and Eph 2:13-22) I sure get what you are saying!! Just wanted to bring some comfort to those who have been betrayed by there own parents. And to me brother that is what happened to all those wonderful children.

Staff Member
Greetings Brother,

yes, that did not slip my mind.
Somehow it ought to encourage us. Do unto others....?

Bless you ....><>