• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Should Believers Have a Consciousness of Sin?

Active
@Dave,
The Holy Ghost is not convicting a believer of sin; the Spirit is conviction the “world” of sin. Of sin because the people of the world “do not” believe. This is why the people killed Stephen because they were convicted in themselves by what he was preaching (Acts 7:54).

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me (Jesus);
Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and you see me no more;
Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

This is talking about Satan being being judged and cast out of the hearts of those that will believe. Satan is the nature of sin and this is where the old nature is cast out of a man's heart. Once Jesus finished His work, every believer received a new heart and a new Spirit.

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin (Satan), condemned sin in the flesh:

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The old heart was of the sinful nature of Adam. The new heart is of the sinless Righteois nature of Jesus Christ.

Satan is not sin. Satan sins. Men sin. Some angels sinned and can sin again. Sin is not a nature, not a being. It is unrighteousness, simple as that.
1 John 5:16-17 (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

There are sins that don't involve Satan taking over a person's heart. God in, God out, Satan in, Satan out, etc.? Is that your doctrine, or are you of the once saved then once sinned, always lost crowd? Again, I posted yesterday about Paul having to upbraid Peter, who was born again by that time, who committed hypocracy. Would you say from then on Satan took over Peter's eternal destiny? I wouldn't. Paul saw or heard of the sin, went to Peter directly, and that took care of that.

Loyal
LOL We've been here before my dear brother....If you are dead to sin, why would you have a consciousness of a dead rotting corpse? That's what sin is to a
@Bendito,

Thanks for answering the question... I would have responded sooner, but I never got a post message that you'd replied. I happen to be going through my posts and found it. Though you used scripture, without explaining your personal understanding, it doesn't shed light on the initial question about "redemption" that Hebrews 9:12 is talking about.

The scriptures you posted, Hebrews verses 9-14, are teaching the blood of bulls and goats "could not" make the priest's perfect pertaining to their consciousness where sin was concerned. This is why man could not be "redeemed" eternally as Hebrews 9:12 is speaking about.

Hebrews 9:9
Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that "could not" make him that did the service "perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;"

We know if those sacrifices could have made the people perfect in conscious, they would not have had a consciousness of sin as scripture teaches.

Hebrews 10:1
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Hebrews 10:2
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

When we reference the blood of bulls and goats for confirmation of what's being said, we know exactly what the people/priest could not be made perfect from under the law. I'm choosing to given insight for edification as I see what the scriptures are saying as the spirit gives me the understanding.

Hebrews 10:4
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Hebrews 10:11
And every priest stands daily ministering and offering oftentimes the "same" sacrifices, which can "never" take away sins:

This is why Hebrews 9:12 is so important among the other scriptures. We are taught believers have "Eternal Redemption" from "sin" as we understand and consider "all" the scriptures on the subject. Scriptures tells us "specifically" what, when, and how long we've been redeemed from sin.

Hebrews 9:12
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood Jesus entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The scriptures give us the understanding of why Jesus entered into the "Holy place once for all" with His blood. We can say what scripture says, and rest in our conscious knowing the reason why God is not imputing sin unto believers.

Loyal
@Bendito,

Thanks for answering the question... I would have responded sooner, but I never got a post message that you'd replied. I happen to be going through my posts and found it. Though you used scripture, without explaining your personal understanding, it doesn't shed light on the initial question about "redemption" that Hebrews 9:12 is talking about.

The scriptures you posted, Hebrews verses 9-14, are teaching the blood of bulls and goats "could not" make the priest's perfect pertaining to their consciousness where sin was concerned. This is why man could not be "redeemed" eternally as Hebrews 9:12 is speaking about.

Hebrews 9:9
Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that "could not" make him that did the service "perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;"

We know if those sacrifices could have made the people perfect in conscious, they would not have had a consciousness of sin as scripture teaches.

Hebrews 10:1
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Hebrews 10:2
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

When we reference the blood of bulls and goats for confirmation of what's being said, we know exactly what the people/priest could not be made perfect from under the law. I'm choosing to given insight for edification as I see what the scriptures are saying as the spirit gives me the understanding.

Hebrews 10:4
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Hebrews 10:11
And every priest stands daily ministering and offering oftentimes the "same" sacrifices, which can "never" take away sins:

This is why Hebrews 9:12 is so important among the other scriptures. We are taught believers have "Eternal Redemption" from "sin" as we understand and consider "all" the scriptures on the subject. Scriptures tells us "specifically" what, when, and how long we've been redeemed from sin.

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood Jesus entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

The scriptures give us the understanding of why Jesus entered into the "Holy place once for all" with His blood. We can say what scripture says, and rest in our conscious knowing the reason why God is not imputing sin unto believers.
Why would it matter that I used only Word to answer? You do not accept my own words as worth anything...So let the Word answer. Hopefully, the Word has worth to you.

Loyal
Christians need to be righteousness conscious not sin conscious. You will go toward what you are looking at. We are not sinners anymore. We were sinners, then we were saved by Grace...Now we are the righteousness of God in the anointing of Jesus.
When we are walking in the Anointed One and His anointing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Active
@Dovegiven,
Day by day as one is found to sin in the slightest. We are promised no forgiveness if we don't forgive on a daily basis concerning those who sin against us. Even if one of us were to somehow miraculously never sin again, it's still a requirement to forgive. Salvation in Christ is based on believe + say with the mouth, confessing. There is no reason to think a one-time confessing of faith will do for a lifetime. Every Christian must remain on guard 24/7 like Paul did, whose ministry was constantly under attack by Satan. All the apostles suffered the same, and so do modern day apostles/evangelists/pastors/laymen for Christ, one of fame being held by the Chinese government. Many languish in their prisons, all for the name of Jesus.

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

At least you sought to explain your side of this verse and an understanding can come from reasoning the scripture. Thanks for that :) I don't understand why you said I plucked this verse out to make my point. I've always understood why I use this verse and it's consistently been in context with Heb. 10:11-14.

Yes, Jesus made the "final" atonement for sin. Israel offerred sacrifices for sins daily as well as yearly and we know they could not "take sin away." If the sacrificing of animals could have "taken away" sins, would Israel have a consciousness of sin (Heb. 10:1, 2). We must understand what is meant by "sins" being "taken away" as scripture continues to teach.

Why was it the "final" atonement for sin? Why is it that sin no longer is imputed to believers (Rom. 4:7, 8)? Well, we know that sin is no longer being imputed unto believers because believers are not justified by the law any longer. God said where there is no law, He does not impute sin. It's because of Jesus' final act of a sacrifice, and Him finishing the work of sin, by "canceling" the law of justification which condemned man for sin, and convinced man that he sinned.

Hebrews 9:26
For then must Christ often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now "once" in the end of the world hath he appeared to "put away sin" (Gr.means to "cancel") by the sacrifice of himself.

We know that Jesus came and did what the "law" (animal sacrifices) could not do... and what is that according to scripture? (Rom. 8:2, 3; Joh. 1:26; 1Joh. 3:5). The animal sacrifices for sin through the law "appeased" God temporarily. Jesus' sacrifice did not "pacify" God, it removed the enmity between God and man. The blood of bulls and goat "pacified" God but the enmity of sin still separated God and man. The only reason that separation of the veil was torn from top to bottom is because of the sacrifice and blood of Jesus Christ. The prophesy of Daniel was fulfilled when Jesus came and made and "end of sins" by the sacrifice of Himself (Dan. 9:24).

Before Christ the reason man had to ask for forgiveness from sin is so they could have a relationship with God "each" time they sinned. The reason believers can go before the throne of God daily being clean from sin is because sin has been removed, taken away and cancelled in Christ and condemned. Is this what scripture teaches?

Active
@Dovegiven,
That verse has to do with Jesus only entering and sacrificing once, making the final atonement (appeasement), contrasted against the flesh priesthood having to keep doing that with blood of animals daily. Why pluck the one verse out, missing the main point (Reggie)? What did that have to do with my comment anyway? And how does that fit into the topic title? Would Reggie support your use of his comment?

The post I commented on was post #128, not #129 with Hebrews 9:12

@Dovegiven,
I don't think you fully understand what Hebrews 9:12 is saying.

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in "once" into the holy place, having obtained "eternal redemption" for us.

Eternal Redemption means "forever" beyond the scope of time.

Active
@Bendito,
Why would it matter that I used only Word to answer? You do not accept my own words as worth anything...So let the Word answer. Hopefully, the Word has worth to you.

I meditate on scripture, not opinions. Your word is meaningful if it's based on scripture. If I give you scripture, you should give me scripture. We are letting God's word confirm itself. If you use scripture, at least the person you are chatting with can understand how you came up with you understanding. What it also does is leaves you open for correction being told you're wrong. This is why I think people don't explain themselves. They don't want to hear their wrong. I don't care, you can tell me I'm wrong all day long, but if you can't show me scripture and explain to me why you think I'm wrong, (through scripture), it tells me the person must not know what their talking about.

Active
@Dovegiven,
There are sins that don't involve Satan taking over a person's heart. God in, God out, Satan in, Satan out, etc.? Is that your doctrine, or are you of the once saved then once sinned, always lost crowd? Again, I posted yesterday about Paul having to upbraid Peter, who was born again by that time, who committed hypocracy. Would you say from then on Satan took over Peter's eternal destiny? I wouldn't. Paul saw or heard of the sin, went to Peter directly, and that took care of that.

If a man is a sinner, they are in the nature of sin by being born in the nature of sin. Scripture teaches "EVERY MAN" is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed, then when lust has conceived it brings for sin (Jam. 1:13, 14). Satan is the tempter (his kingdom). A man can only serve Jehovah God or Satan who is the god of this world.

Ephesians 2:2
Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works "IN"the children of disobedience:

Who is the spirit that is working "in" unbelievers causing the actions of sinfulness to proceed from their heart? Satan takes over a person's heart through deception and temptation. Satan has the sinner blinded believing they are serving statues and things or the moon. This is how Satan takes over a sinners heart. If Satan can take your mind, he can take your heart because you become a slave to him.

Active
@Dovegiven,
Satan is not sin. Satan sins. Men sin. Some angels sinned and can sin again. Sin is not a nature, not a being. It is unrighteousness, simple as that.

It is only by that law that a man sins (1Joh. 3:4; Rom. 3:19, 29; Jam. 2:9).

When I say Satan is sin, I'm speaking in the context of His nature. Satan is the god of the nature of sin, the god of the old man and fallen nature. Satan is the sinful spirit that works in the children of disobedience (Eph. 2:2). Satan is the father of lust who tempts man into doing his service (Joh. 8:44). Satan is the spirit that blinds men into sinning through his influencing spiritual kingdom. In order to have a kingdom, you must have a following. Satan has a following of Angeles as well as men. This is the fallen sinful nature. Jesus was not sinful, but He came in the likeness of sinful flesh. Jesus said the devil has nothing in Him, but we know the devil had everything in Christ creation. Man was dead because of sin.

Ephesians 2:1
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Ephesians 2:3
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by "nature" the children of wrath, even as others.

Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

It's known as the sin nature, the nature of good and evil is what man (unbelievers) abide in. When a baby is born into this world, they develop in a sinful nature. They were sinners by nature without their effort of any actions of themselves; it was inherited. They are sinners by nature and the wrath of God is upon sinners.

Active
@Dovegiven,
1 John 5:16-17 (KJV)
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

I'm going to write up what I've studied from 1John 5: and show you he's talking to the brothers that are unbelieving Jews.
John was talking to mixed Jewish brothers. In the complete book of John some are saved and some are sinner unsaved. If a man sin a sin unto death that person literally dies. There is a sin that's not unto death whereby a person can have an opportunity to repent from sin and accept Christ as Lord going back to 1John 1:9.

Loyal
1 Tim 1:9; realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers

Of course soon as people start practicing unrighteousness, they are right back under the law again.

1 Tim 4:2; by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,

The Bible does warn of having our conscience "seared over" like as with a brading iron.

2 Tim 1:3; I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you in my prayers night and day,

Last edited:
Active
@B-A-C,
1 Tim 1:9; realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers

Of course soon as people start practicing unrighteousness, they are right back under the law again.

B-A-C, please correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't you say you are under the law? If I'm mistaken I apologize?

Loyal
B-A-C, please correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't you say you are under the law? If I'm mistaken I apologize?

I said when people practice unrighteouesness they are under the law. There is grace... up to a point.

Heb 12:15; See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled;

Jas 2:10; For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
Jas 2:11; For He who said, "DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY," also said, "DO NOT COMMIT MURDER." Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
Jas 2:12; So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.

1 Cor 15:56; The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;

Also, anyone who is not "in Christ" is under the law.

Rom 10:4; For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

The Bible warns about people who teach that grace is an excuse to sin. ( Jude 1:4-5; )

It also warns about those who go "sinning willfully" as opposed to those practice righteousness. ( Heb 10:26-27; )

Rom 2:12; When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed, even though they never had God’s written law. And the Jews, who do have God’s law, will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it.
Rom 2:13; For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight.

Jas 1:22; But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.
Jas 1:23; For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror;
Jas 1:24; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was.

Active
@B-A-C,
I said when people practice unrighteouesness they are under the law. There is grace... up to a point.

Jas 2:10; For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.
Jas 2:11; For He who said, "DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY," also said, "DO NOT COMMIT MURDER." Now if you do not commit adultery, but do commit murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.
Jas 2:12; So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty.

1 Cor 15:56; The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;

Also, anyone who is not "in Christ" is under the law.

Rom 10:4; For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
The Bible warns about people who teach that grace is an excuse to sin. ( Jude 1:4-5; )
It also warns about those who go "sinning willfully" as opposed to those practice righteousness. ( Heb 10:26-27; )

B-A-C, I apprececiate you posting scripture to make your points, but I think in this case you speak against your point. A person is either "UNDER" the law or they are "UNDER" Grace; you cannot be "UNDER" both. Believers are not "UNDER" the law (at all), but "UNDER" Grace (Rom. 6:14). We have been bought with a price, so we cannot pluck ourselves out of Christ's body where only Grace abides.

If a person is "UNDER" the law and breaks the law, that person has sinned. If a person is "NOT UNDER" the law, that person "cannot sin" or have the "knowledge of sin" because the law does not say to them they've sinned.

Now we know that "whatever" the law" says, it saith to them who are "UNDER" the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for "by the law " is the "knowledge of sin" (Rom. 3:19, 20).

If a person says they sin, it's because they are under/justifying themselves by the law - ignorantly or not. The law has "dominion and power" over a person under it and "imputes sin" unto that person if they stumble "one" time.

YOU POSTED - 1 Cor 15:56; The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law;

The power of "sin" is the law because a person "under that law" is subjected to what the law says. A believer "UNDER" Grace is not subjected to the law imputing sin unto them, because they are not "UNDER" the law. The law "ONLY" imputes sin to those that are "sinners" and those that "justify" themselves by the law. A person cannot know they've sinned unless they are "UNDER" the law. It is only by the law that a person has the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:19
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to them who are "under" the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Romans 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the "knowledge" of sin.

YOU POSTED - "Jas 2:10; For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all."

This scripture is saying a person is guilty before God which confirms Romans 3:19. A person is "ONLY" guilty if they are "UNDER" the law. If a person is "NOT UNDER" the law, God is not "imputing sins" unto that person. Therefore, they will not feel guilty because they have no knowledge of sin. A believer that has knowledge of sin allows themselves to stay "UNDER" the law. No law, no sin. No sin, no guilt. God is not imputing sin. Confirmations scriptures below.

Romans 5:13
For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is "not imputed" when there is no law.

Romans 4:7, 8
Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

God is not imputing sins unto believers in two ways. First, the believer is not under the law, therefore, sin cannot be impute. Secondly, God imputed all man's sins upon Jesus Christ, and then imputed the righteousness of Christ unto believers. Because Christ condemned sin, He was "quickened" from sin - and every person that believes in Him is also "quickened" from sins and reaps the benefit of Christ in the Spirit. Believers are in the spiritual body of Christ, and Christ is in the body of believers. The body of believers have become the temple of the Holy Ghost once their sins have been circumcised, (out of their body), and they have been given a new heart (1Cor. 6:19, 20; Eze. 36:26).

Colossians 2:11
In whom also you are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting "OFF THE BODY" of "THE SINS" of the "FLESH" by the circumcision of Christ:

Jesus Christ has "cut out" the "sin nature" that was in the body of believers that He may come and reside in the hearts of believers. Sin has been crucified and condemned (through faith) in the body of believers.

Colossians 2:13
And you, being "dead in your sins" and the "uncircumcision" of your "flesh", hath Christ quickened together "WITH HIM," having "forgiven" you "ALL" trespasses (SINS);

Active
@Dovegiven,
I'm going to write up what I've studied from 1John 5: and show you he's talking to the brothers that are unbelieving Jews.
John was talking to mixed Jewish brothers. In the complete book of John some are saved and some are sinner unsaved. If a man sin a sin unto death that person literally dies. There is a sin that's not unto death whereby a person can have an opportunity to repent from sin and accept Christ as Lord going back to 1John 1:9.

Why not learn from many centuries of godly scholars, and certainly the most ancient Church Fathers (not RCC), and making sure no interpretation of scripture offends another scripture? They point out some facts that let me safely exclude the possibility John had unbelievers in mind in that epistle. Many times he wrote "we know", which would not be applicable to unbelievers, especially enemy Jews. To the Jew terms like "light" and "love" had a secular application. The style of writing was more poetic, like a ballad, appreciated by lovers of that style, in this case the young Church. The idea of mixing up separate audiences of people with diametrically opposing views does not make a bit of sense for 1 John. The readers are already convinced Jesus is diety, which idea is anathema to Jews, while an unbeliever or Jew rejecting Jesus as Messiah would reject the whole letter outright over that thought. He makes no appeal for unbelievers to repent and believe, but for disciples to constantly affirm. John is reinforcing basic tenets of the faith. The "theme" is along the lines of a Christian pastor discipling believers, giving them the bottom line of preaching the gospel.

The epistle establishes that it ought not require a witness to be a theological giant with a wall of certificates of learning. It emphasizes experience in the Lord. We here on the chats tend to make a very deep and dizzying religion out of many simple repetitive concepts that boil down to simple actions based on what we hear from the Word.

Outside of Sundays, and some weekday work hours, I deal mostly with disabled veterans, homeless vets, some other homeless, rehab patients, nursing home residents and ministries to people with addictions. Add in an ever increasing list of church member Christians doubting everything too, needing counseling. I hope all that doesn't spoil other pursuits, as any of that can be very tiring and affect what I want to do like ya'll, focus on the scriptures without bias. I am in prayer much over the hurting, so please forgive me if that is burdening my posts.

I say that to say I am wise to always remember what focusing on a sin life is about. In other words, I safely retain a sin consciousness as well as take on an ever increasing righteousness conscience, which is to my advantage and to those who will consider that lifestyle in Christ. I retain the knowledge of good and evil safely now that I have Holy Spirit in me. The sin consciousness always reminds me of what not to repeat. Most attitudes in life were wrong for me until one by one were replaced by God. That consciousness allows me to dig deep into another person's perspective, giving me a path for them to follow out of their own perspective. The Holy Spirit in me uses experience, life lessons, wisdom of the Word, and leadership of the Spirit to connect and lead.

Have you ever heard of the saying "He is too heavenly minded to be of any earthly good"? Well, sinners caught in an ever tightening web, a deadly trap of sin can't at all relate to a pure white sparkling Christian who would vomit when hearing their sins.

Jesus listened to his apostles entering into a selfish debate over which of them should be greatest in Jesus' kingdom. Instead of reprimanding them as sinners, He used their own argument to teach servitude. The one willingly serving the others would be greatest. The debate ended. What a drug addict can relate to well is having some little knowledge of the deliverance of Christ in them, something they can tell to friends enough to get the friend to come listen to the rest of the story.

You do not serve that sin conscience, but have it as a tool to be a STOP sign for yourself so as not to repeat some failure that displeases God, including an unhealthy habit. Sometimes a minor alteration of a habit can be but a different version of a sin. Always remember all those lessons you learned from the Lord, and don't be afraid of telling those whenever the Spirit directs. Paul did it that way, confessing he was greatest of sinners..That fact opened doors to skeptics who knew his history. The righteousness conscience guides YOU through today, while you are wise to retain knowledge of the enemy.
Every successful army general knows that principle.

If any Christian is afraid of the sin consciousness, take that to Jesus in prayer. Let Him set you as Conqueror of that, then enabled to occupy the ;and of that. . He knows how much we still practice of the sinner's dogma, whether by ignorance or habit or spontaneous action, like cutting off someone who cut you off on the highway. He knows your failures to practice what you are being taught. He knows what is still just mental acceptance, and what you have put into righteous practice.