• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Should Believers Have a Consciousness of Sin?

Active
Should believers have a consciousness to remember sin if God does not?

Isaiah 43:25
I, even I, am he that blots out your transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember your sins.

This promise is fulfilled under the New Covenant in Jesus Christ when a sinner confesses their sins, and God forgives them of all their sins, cleansing them from all unrighteousness (1Joh. 1:9).

Peter witnessed to the Jews in Israel in order for them to have their sins blotted out when the Holy Ghost is refreshed upon Israel and the world.

Acts 3:19
Repent therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Hebrews 8:12

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Scriptures teach if the blood of bulls and goats could have taken away sins under the Mosaic Law, the worshippers should not have a consciousness or a remembrance of sins.

Hebrews 10:3
But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Hebrews 10:4
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

If the blood of bulls and goats could have taken away sins Hebrews 10:2 says they would have ceased to be offered.

Hebrews 10:2
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged (from sin) should have had no more conscience of sins.

Every believer that says they sin has a consciousness of sin. God does not have a conscience of sins; Jesus Christ has no conscience of sins and the Holy Ghost has no conscience of sins. Should believers have a consciousness of sin?

Active
Should believers have a consciousness to remember sin if God does not?

I, even I, am he that blots out your transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember your sins.

This promise is fulfilled under the New Covenant in Jesus Christ when a sinner confesses their sins, and God forgives them of all their sins, cleansing them from all unrighteousness (1Joh. 1:9).

That is applied if you confess your sins to Him for the forgiveness of your sins. 1 John 1:9 is an instruction to already saved believers; not unbelievers.

Peter witnessed to the Jews in Israel in order for them to have their sins blotted out when the Holy Ghost is refreshed upon Israel and the world.

Acts 3:19
Repent therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

That is about how to obtain salvation by believing in Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead to be saved.

Scriptures teach if the blood of bulls and goats could have taken away sins under the Mosaic Law, the worshippers should not have a consciousness or a remembrance of sins.

Hebrews 10:3
But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Hebrews 10:4
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

If the blood of bulls and goats could have taken away sins Hebrews 10:2 says they would have ceased to be offered.

Not really when under the Old Covenant, they had laws to keep in order to obtain salvation; once a believer has received the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost at the calling of the gospel, they are saved.

Hebrews 10:2
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged (from sin) should have had no more conscience of sins.

Every believer that says they sin has a consciousness of sin. God does not have a conscience of sins; Jesus Christ has no conscience of sins and the Holy Ghost has no conscience of sins. Should believers have a consciousness of sin?

For all the verses you had posted, how can any one claim they can be applied to future sins when they have not committed them yet for God to remember them no more? How can a believer have a consciousness of future sins? They can't.

That is why 1 John 1:9 exists so that saved believers can ask Him for forgiveness of sins if and when they commit them presently or in the future. They still have that foundation which can never be removed, but by asking for forgiveness of sin committed presently, they remove it off of that foundation. See? And by asking for His help to keep it off of that foundation and that is considered as laying aside every weight & sin in running that race by faith in Him to finish it to His glory..

Active
JesusIs4Me,
You said of Isa. 43:25: “That is applied if you confess your sins to Him for the forgiveness of your sins. 1 John 1:9is an instruction to already saved believers; not unbelievers.”

Yes, you must confess your sins in order for God to forgive you and not remember your sins.

Question: How can you prove your interpretation of “1John 1” is to already saved believers; within the chapter of 1John 1? 1John 1 tells you who John is talking to within the chapter.

You said of Heb. 8:12: “That is about how to obtain salvation by believing in Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead to be saved.”

No… It says nothing about obtaining salvation. Hebrew 8:12 is about after you accept Jesus as Savior God will not remember your sins in Adam ever again. A person can only sin if they are still in Adam or alive to the old sinful nature. I you are alive to sin, you are dead to Christ. You must die to sin before you can come alive to Christ. If Christ sowed His seed in you, you had to die before coming to life in HIm.

1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which you sow is not quickened, except it die:

You said of Hebrews 10:2,3,4: Not really when under the Old Covenant, they had laws to keep in order to obtain salvation; once a believer has received the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost at the calling of the gospel, they are saved.

Hebrews 10:2, 3, 4 has nothing to do with salvation. It is speaking about man not having a consciousness of sin. The blood of bulls and goats could not take away sins so the people still had a consciousness of sin knowing they will sin again. The blood of bulls and goat offered year by year kept them in a remembrance of sin (read Heb. 10:11,12,14).

You said of the verses I’ve wrote of: For all the verses you had posted, how can any one claim they can be applied to future sins when they have not committed them yet for God to remember them no more? How can a believer have a consciousness of future sins? They can't.

This question is how I know you are a babe in Christ. I am not putting you down or trying to insult you. I’m asking you to mediate on the scriptures before you reply.

The answer to your question: Jesus died over 2000 years ago and forgave you of your sins which were in the future. Jesus died for the sins of the world, but a man does not get credit for the removal of their sins until they come to Christ for their sins to be forgiven and blotted out (1John 1:9 and Romans 10:9, 10).

Loyal
Christians need to be righteousness conscious not sin conscious. You will go toward what you are looking at. We are not sinners anymore. We were sinners, then we were saved by Grace...Now we are the righteousness of God in the anointing of Jesus.

Active
JesusIs4Me,
You said of Isa. 43:25: “That is applied if you confess your sins to Him for the forgiveness of your sins. 1 John 1:9is an instruction to already saved believers; not unbelievers.”

Yes, you must confess your sins in order for God to forgive you and not remember your sins.

So you can't ask for forgiveness for future sins until they are committed.

When you were saved, the remission of sins took place to lay that foundation and give you that seal of adoption where in that sense, no present nor future sin can remove that foundation nor that seal of adoption. HOWEVER, when a believer lives their lives to develop unfruitful works or works of iniquities or sins on that foundation, then that is where running that race comes in by looking to Him for help to depart from iniquity to clean or to purge it off of that foundation.

Question: How can you prove your interpretation of “1John 1” is to already saved believers; within the chapter of 1John 1? 1John 1 tells you who John is talking to within the chapter.

You said of Heb. 8:12: “That is about how to obtain salvation by believing in Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead to be saved.”

No… It says nothing about obtaining salvation. Hebrew 8:12 is about after you accept Jesus as Savior God will not remember your sins in Adam ever again.

You just proved my point; after YOU ACCEPT Jesus as Saviour... you are saved and God will not remember your sins ever again.

A person can only sin if they are still in Adam or alive to the old sinful nature. I you are alive to sin, you are dead to Christ. You must die to sin before you can come alive to Christ. If Christ sowed His seed in you, you had to die before coming to life in HIm.

1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which you sow is not quickened, except it die:

You are saying then that a believer can only have unfruitful works of darkness if they are still in Adam or alive to the old sinful nature. That is not true but because that foundation can never be removed, you are called to dpeart from iniquity with His help to remove any "sins" or "unfruitful works" that defile the temple of God OFF of that foundation. That is called running the race in LIVING that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ.

You said of Hebrews 10:2,3,4: Not really when under the Old Covenant, they had laws to keep in order to obtain salvation; once a believer has received the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost at the calling of the gospel, they are saved.

Hebrews 10:2, 3, 4 has nothing to do with salvation. It is speaking about man not having a consciousness of sin. The blood of bulls and goats could not take away sins so the people still had a consciousness of sin knowing they will sin again. The blood of bulls and goat offered year by year kept them in a remembrance of sin (read Heb. 10:11,12,14).

If you remember the rich young ruler that had approached Jesus when he said he had kept the law and had asked Him what he had lacked and Jesus said if he wanted to be prefect, He had asked him to give up all his riches and follow Him. Part of all that is required of that rich young ruler by the law in reaching his goal was the sacrificial system which served as a means towards that goal of obtaining "Heaven".

Since the whole point of the law was to show what man cannot do, even as God's chosen people, God can do and will do when sinners believer in Jesus Christ.

You said of the verses I’ve wrote of: For all the verses you had posted, how can any one claim they can be applied to future sins when they have not committed them yet for God to remember them no more? How can a believer have a consciousness of future sins? They can't.

This question is how I know you are a babe in Christ. I am not putting you down or trying to insult you. I’m asking you to mediate on the scriptures before you reply.

The answer to your question: Jesus died over 2000 years ago and forgave you of your sins which were in the future. Jesus died for the sins of the world, but a man does not get credit for the removal of their sins until they come to Christ for their sins to be forgiven and blotted out (1John 1:9 and Romans 10:9, 10).

If you are only referring to the moment of salvation for every sinner that comes to & believes in Jesus Christ and His resurrection in the past, today and tomorrow, I would agree, but while still in this corruptible flesh AFTER our salvation, is why we will be held accountable for what we sows towards on that foundation; the works of the flesh or the fruits of the Spirit. So while life, our old sinful nature, and the devil tempts us to sow to the works of the flesh, we look to Him to lay help us keep laying it aside as well as the provisions or the "weights" for the flesh that causes us to sin as well.

Not every believer that gets saved knows what everything that is sin is when they have been living in it. Believing in Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead is how any one gets saved; and so running that race is by abiding in Him and His words for Him to prune so that we may bear more fruit. Those who do not bear fruit.... in that day when He comes to judge what is on that foundation... He will take it away off of that foundation; destroy that body & keeps that soul.

John 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Ponder with Him to understand how I am applying these verses for you to see what I mean.

Active
Yes. Anyone of us ''believers'' could by lying to ourselves. If we are in mortal sins unrepentant, the truth / Jesus does 'NOT' abide in us.

1 Cor 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God.

We can easily deceive ourselves.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things.

Paul instructs us to 'continue to work out our salvation in fear and trembling' Phil 2:12.

This speaks to me of daily judging ourselves. Along the lines of 1 Cor 11:31 But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged.

I would rather be certain that I am saved and being a good ambassador for Jesus over becoming ''too heavenly minded''.

Active
I disagree 100%.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil.

God can be evil Rom 9:21. He chooses to be good Psalm 136:1. He does that perfectly. He chooses to be light with no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5. Only He can do that Mar 10:18.

Active
@KingJ,
Happy Thanksgiving to you,
If God has told you in his Word, He will not remember man's sins any more, it takes total and complete unbelief in God's word not to believe Him.

I, even I, am he that blots out your transgressions for mine own sake,
and will not remember thy sins.

Hebrews 10:17
And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

The only reason God is not imputing sins and have forgiven man of all sins is because He took away the initial sin of Adam that man inherited. By God judging sin in satan and all men and condemning it, He chooses not to remember man's sins because the blood of Jesus Christ is everlastingly in an ongoing manner the repellent and cleansing agent of sin. Life is in the blood and the blood of Jesus gives life. God sees the blood of Jesus and will not remember mans sins because God sees Christ's blood not your actions as sin.

Active
@KingJ,
The more you look at yourself in and after the flesh, the more you become deceived. This is what you seem to be doing.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

In your words you do not give God's word the glory, but you give strength to the devil by glorifying the flesh as if God has not given you the power to overcome the flesh. The more you look at the flesh, the more you will continue and stay in deception.

Active
@KingJ,
Happy Thanksgiving to you,
If God has told you in his Word, He will not remember man's sins any more,
This is true, but we are not God. As long as we are on earth, we are told with crystal clarity by Paul to continue in truthful self examination 1 Cor 11:31, Phil 2:12.

Active
@KingJ,
The more you look at yourself in and after the flesh, the more you become deceived. This is what you seem to be doing.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

In your words you do not give God's word the glory, but you give strength to the devil by glorifying the flesh as if God has not given you the power to overcome the flesh. The more you look at the flesh, the more you will continue and stay in deception.

You are just not grasping the correct context of the verses you quoting.

An example of being after the flesh per Rom 8:5, would be buying a Ferrari. Adultery with a bay watch girl.

Being after the Spirit would be harshly judging your actions every day and repenting. Driving a modest car. Staying faithful to your wife.

We can be as spiritually minded as we want. If we are after things of the flesh as evidenced by our actions. Properly grasped by us after a session of harsh self judgement. Well then we are simply in a state of mass delusion.

1 Cor 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Active
@KingJIn your words you do not give God's word the glory, but you give strength to the devil by glorifying the flesh as if God has not given you the power to overcome the flesh. The more you look at the flesh, the more you will continue and stay in deception.

There is truth to being focused on Jesus. We are to focus on Jesus. This however does not mean we stop being sin conscious. If anything we become ''MORE'' sin conscious.

Active
King J,
You said: This is true, but we are not God. As long as we are on earth, we are told with crystal clarity by Paul to continue in truthful self examination 1 Cor 11:31, Phil 2:12.

You agreed that God will not remember our sins anymore, but what sins is He talking about; and if you know show me in scripture.

Yes, you are right; we are not God. God is the only one that imputes sins to a believer’s account or not. God has said, He will not impute sin to a believer; not me. The reason God is not imputing sin to a believer is because He doesn’t remember a believer’s sins; they have all been put upon Jesus Christ and He crucified all sins (Rom. 8:3; Heb. 1:3). Jesus even judged Satan with every man’s sins (John 12:31: 16:11).

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

God is the one that present a believer should not have a sin consciousness; not me. Again, I’ve never doubted that believers should not examine themselves. Where are you getting this? If you’ve read my post you would see what my take on obedience is, so you seem to be confusing me with someone who believes they can do whatever they desire without any accountability.

Active
Bendito,
You can never be unrighteous as a believer. You can never again live in the nature of sin or unrighteousness. You have been bought with a price by the blood of Jesus Christ and redeemed from sin and unrighteousness forever.

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood Jesus entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Bendito, what have you received Eternal redemption from?

And He cleans you up and restores you to righteousness! Yay for our Father!!
No sir but when my incorruptible replaces this corruptible that I walk around here with, I will be clean and give thanks to the One: God/Jesus who is righteous.

Active
@this human, @Benito,
Help me understand; how does a person born again in Righteousness and made Righteous become unborn and unrighteous? Then have to be renewed unto Righteousness? It seems this process happen over and over again.

How can Jesus heal a person from sins and that believer become sick again?

Isaiah 33:24
And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick:
the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:by whose stripes ye were healed.

Active
No sir but when my incorruptible replaces this corruptible that I walk around here with, I will be clean and give thanks to the One: God/Jesus who is righteous.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

I believe by abiding in Him in fellowship with the Father & the Son, His blood continually cleanse us from all sins in keeping us clean.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I do ponder that when the foundation was laid by Jesus Christ and thereby having received the remission of sins that are past and also received along with the promise of the Holy Spirit, our seal of adoption, we were cleaned and then as we live our lives in Him, abiding in His word to depart from iniquities in laying aside every weight & sin, we are removing with His help, all the weights and sins off of that foundation in staying clean by His blood continuously.

So the call to repentance is not for obtaining salvation, but for living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ as the just can only live by faith in Him and all His promises to us. 2 Timothy 4:18 KJV

Loyal
No sir....You don't have to wait until you have a body that will not rot to walk in righteousness. All you have to do is to go to the Father to get cleaned up. 1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.