• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Should a bill be passed on Euthanasia?

Im sorry if anyone is offended by this title. However Im hoping that you can all help me?

I am currently doing my Law dissertation in the area of Medical Law on EUTHANASIA. In order to give a fair outlook on this subject, I am approaching this religous site.

I wonder what ur immediate views were on the suffering?

Whether physicians should assist in the terminally ill's sucide?

Whether u have had any experience on, around this matter?

And whether u are for a bill of this sort being legalised or not?

Thank you.
:thumbs_up

this is just my own opinion on the matter..

"I wonder what ur immediate views were on the suffering?"

it depends on the suffering.. if you are talking about someone that has been in a coma for 20yrs and has no chance of recovery and their brain dead i would say yes its ok to have the plug pulled.

if you mean someone that thinks they just cant deal with life anymore but is in good health.. then i say no..

"Whether physicians should assist in the terminally ill's sucide?"
no.. unless as stated above they are brain dead.

"Whether u have had any experience on, around this matter?"
nope

"And whether u are for a bill of this sort being legalised or not?"
no

Thank you for ur response hon!!

I hope others will give their oppinions too ......

Suffering is often an unavoidable side effect of living. However where it can be alleviated it should. For the terminally ill, no restriction on the type of pain alleviation should be blocked.

They should not. They should take no part in murder.

I have had friends suffer great pain.

To me it does not matter what law is passed by governments, they will do what they will do. I will continue to tell all that euthanasia is murder and those who have taken part in it without repentance are in danger of hell fire.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Where there is life there is hope when we end someones life we end all hope for them.
Its not an issue any longer of "suffering" its an issue of "expense" with new medications
and treatments suffering is minimized to the terminally ill and from experience I can tell you after prolonged pain the body will turn off pain receptors as a self defense mechanisim. The "suffering" most talk about today deals with those left behind not the "victim".

As for a "law" to cover the subject I look at how "lawmakers" are handling lesser things
then ask myself do I want those same people handling my life or death ?

There are two types of medically defined Euthanasia, positive and negative. Positive euthanasia occurs when death is induced. Negative euthanasia occurs when death is allowed to occur. The Holy Bible is a great historical resource, it relates to us that "there is nothing new under the sun." Essentially, what is occurring has occured before. Viewing history, we find that euthanasia has been debated repeatedly throughout the course of man's existence. Most significant is history, is the occurrence of strict, limited, highly regulated euthanasia in pre-war Nazi Germany. Once legislation was passed to regulate euthanasia it was given a societal imprimatur. The subsequent course of that acceptance led to the genocide of millions of innoncent live. To answer your question, after a quick glance at history, euthanasia should be outlawed. (This does not include removing life support from a functioning corpse.)

Euthanasia is defined in Webster's dictionary as "the act or method of causing death painlessly, so as to end suffering; advocated by some as a way to deal with persons dying of incurable, painful diseases."

According to this definition, we see that this is a form of murder because it advocates one or more human beings deciding when another human being should die, and then assisting them in that process. Although, on the surface this type of death may seem better than living, when someone is suffering; there are grave consequences when man takes the position of God when it comes to dealing with life and death issues. The Bible was given to mankind so that we would know what the will of God is in matters such as this.

Dinky said:

My view, is Pain is a part of life. In all ways we should fight to perserve life not take it away.

Physicians are there to help hela, giving them the power to take life will only give more Doctors a God complex.

My mom was real sick once and said she wanted to die, but she is really happy she did not. She would have missed me growing up and her grandkids who are halfway grown up.

Leagalize it NO WAY that would legalize murder(slippery slope).
Schiavo case proves that murder is becoming ok in this country. The courts have done enough.

Oh we need Jesus to come back and put an end to this madness!!

It broke my heart having my dog put down, I could not imagine what it would feel like if I had had another human being ie.. family member put down like an animal.

That is enough ranting for me.

Peace be with you,
John.

Absolutely not!

Whether a person is terminally ill, 100 years old. or still in the womb, murder is murder , no matter if it is called " assisted suicide".

Exodus 20:13You shall not commit murder. (AMPLIFIED)