• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Sexual Purity and intamacy with God

Greeting everyone
In my walk with God I want to stay pure, but in recent times I have stumbled a few times. I ask therefore that you would pray that God would keep me in sexual purity, especially with my eyes. In addition, that my will is to strongly please him in all that I do, out of a burning love for Him. I thank you very much for your prayers.

Active
We all stumble once in a while. Thank God for Jesus, who was and is our final atonement. We all can do better but you have the most important part of battle won with the repentant heart that you have. Romans 8:1

Loyal
Greeting everyone
In my walk with God I want to stay pure, but in recent times I have stumbled a few times. I ask therefore that you would pray that God would keep me in sexual purity, especially with my eyes. In addition, that my will is to strongly please him in all that I do, out of a burning love for Him. I thank you very much for your prayers.

I know this is a prayer thread so I pray the staff would leave this reply.

Our prayers will be USELESS unless you take control of this.

Scripture tells us
Ephesians5:3
Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God's people.

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality,

This is something we are told to do - God has already done all He will do by making a way to escape and over come this.
You must choose to do so.

Again I know this is a prayer thread but God demands we tell the truth and I would be deceiving you if I let you believe others can pray this victory for you.

Many of us have had to deal with this in our own lives and Yes God will forgive you and He has already set you free from this but you Will Have to guard your own eyes and heart and mind in Christ.

Our Prayers Can't.
Blessings

Loyal
I know this is a prayer thread so I pray the staff would leave this reply.

Our prayers will be USELESS unless you take control of this.

Scripture tells us
Ephesians5:3
Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God's people.

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality,

This is something we are told to do - God has already done all He will do by making a way to escape and over come this.
You must choose to do so.

Again I know this is a prayer thread but God demands we tell the truth and I would be deceiving you if I let you believe others can pray this victory for you.

Many of us have had to deal with this in our own lives and Yes God will forgive you and He has already set you free from this but you Will Have to guard your own eyes and heart and mind in Christ.

Our Prayers Can't.
Blessings
But prayers are nonetheless very worthwhile, even though they cannot force a person to do what is needed. What the "fervent prayer of a righteous man" can do is open up the closed doors in a person and soften the heart of that person so that he then will know and understand that both we and God are really on his side when he makes his choice to follow God or to follow himself. A person standing alone will fail against the powers of this world. But a person standing with his brothers and God has another choice [even though he may still make the wrong choice]. Failure need not be a foregone conclusion. Our prayers are important because God said that they were:

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. " James 5:16

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

Give God the glory!

Loyal
But prayers are nonetheless very worthwhile, even though they cannot force a person to do what is needed. What the "fervent prayer of a righteous man" can do is open up the closed doors in a person and soften the heart of that person so that he then will know and understand that both we and God are really on his side when he makes his choice to follow God or to follow himself. A person standing alone will fail against the powers of this world. But a person standing with his brothers and God has another choice [even though he may still make the wrong choice]. Failure need not be a foregone conclusion. Our prayers are important because God said that they were:

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. " James 5:16

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

Give God the glory!
Two things to remember and I am done with this.

1. God will not do for us what He told us to do - so about all we can really pray for is the gift of repentance .

2 people waste a life time expecting others to pray that God would keep them or Stop from doing this or that.
All the while knowing better but refusing to do something about it.

Yes prayers of a righteous man availeth much - but again God is not going to do what He has told us to do no matter how many agree.

Blessings to you

Loyal
Two things to remember and I am done with this.

1. God will not do for us what He told us to do - so about all we can really pray for is the gift of repentance .

2 people waste a life time expecting others to pray that God would keep them or Stop from doing this or that.
All the while knowing better but refusing to do something about it.

Yes prayers of a righteous man availeth much - but again God is not going to do what He has told us to do no matter how many agree.

Blessings to you
Give God the glory, my friend! You certainly are correct. God has given responsibilities and all that is necessary to accomplish is part is available to us including additional help if it is needed. Jesus wept because in spite of his best efforts and the sacrifice that he would make many will still choose NOT to follow God instead of themselves. God gave men the authority and while we also still have the time which He gave to us, He will NOT override our authority. That is free will in a nutshell.