Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Serious questions on the Holy Spirit Please read

Christan

What has happened to the faith and works that were when the Church was Born on Pentecost?.OF course there are testimonies of those healed etc but considereing the various gifts of the Holy Spirit I'd say things are really stagnant in certain parts of the Body Of Jesus.If anyone is to blame I would blame science and doctors.The formal Churches manifest partial fullfillment.I need it all of the gifts most importantly the Spirit of healing and Understanding.So how about You?Something Wonderful is going to happen Christan JHS Shalom

Shalom Christian,
As Paul says we are to earnestly desire the gifts ( 1 Cor. 14:1) But in these last days for many the love of God has grown cold (Matt. 24:12) and they get caught up in the cares of this world (Lk 21:24-26) . Jesus told the church of Ephesus in Rev 2:4-5 they have left their first love. Jesus is to be our first love and when we return to him with all our heart we will gladly receive all He has for us and fulfill the calling he has put on our lives. Yes the gifts are very needful in this perilous last days. But many follow man’s tradition and call it God ‘s commandments making the Word of God ineffective in their lives (Mk 7:6-9.13). They have a form of godliness but deny the power (2 Tim. 3:5). Because of this the leaders are not teaching the whole gospel and the christians are not maturing but remain babes in Christ. Paul said in 1 Cor. 2:4 his preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

There has been enormous restoration and revival the last few years in countries around the world and the power and gifts of God are flowing.:But sadly, it seems America has been going backwards instead of growing closer to the Lord. He said in Jer. 3:22 if they return to him he will heal their backslidings. The Lord says “ If MY PEOPLE , which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face the turn from their wicked way , then will I hear from heaven forgive their sins and heal their land.(2 Chron. 7:14) .

Perfectly said Gloria. Very well put :)

I love the last verse especially.

Well brother. I believe that when you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, Jesus is in you amd you are in Jesus Christ. And it is written that when you have Christ you have everything(Col.2:10).I believe that you have all the gifts of the Holy Spirit bec. Jesus is in you, and He is complete in you.But you have your forte; but you haveand can use all those gifts especially when you are the only one available.God is looking for a willing and available vessel to manifest His glory, not the ability.In I Cor. 2 not sure of the basis can't recall, that God uses ordinary people whom the world considers of no value to shame those the world considers wise. God bless us. Peace is with us.

gentle said:
Well brother. I believe that when you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, Jesus is in you amd you are in Jesus Christ. And it is written that when you have Christ you have everything(Col.2:10).I believe that you have all the gifts of the Holy Spirit bec. Jesus is in you, and He is complete in you.But you have your forte; but you haveand can use all those gifts especially when you are the only one available.God is looking for a willing and available vessel to manifest His glory, not the ability.In I Cor. 2 not sure of the basis can't recall, that God uses ordinary people whom the world considers of no value to shame those the world considers wise. God bless us. Peace is with us.

Paul’s Third Missionary Journey Acts 19:1-7
1*While Apollos was in Corinth, Paul traveled through the interior provinces. Finally, he came to Ephesus, where he found several believers.* 2*“Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” he asked them.
“No,” they replied, “we don’t know what you mean. We haven’t even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
3*“Then what baptism did you experience?” he asked.
And they replied, “The baptism of John.”
4*Paul said, “John’s baptism was to demonstrate a desire to turn from sin and turn to God. John himself told the people to believe in Jesus, the one John said would come later.”
5*As soon as they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6*Then when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in other tongues and prophesied. 7*There were about twelve men in all.

Thnks all of you for your contributions to this thread ist's kinda pretty Halleluyah!!!! JHS Christan

Back