• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Seeking Forgiveness & The Lord

Hello!

I feel as if I stumbled upon this site for a reason, and in response I want to ask for forgiveness of my sins, but I dont exactly know how to approach that. I have always known the Lord as my savior and salvation, prayed to him every night before I go to sleep, include things about my day, ask for strength and things similar, but never got to the next step of really living for Him. I feel as though I struggle to connect and I hope to gain a closer relationship with Him. Any suggestions? Tips? Anything helps!

Staff Member
Come before Him in humility. - Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. James 4:10

Pray to Him which you are doing. Know that He will hear your plea and He will forgive you. - The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer. Psalm 6:9 For thou, Lord, [art] good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Psalm 86:5 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous 1 John 2:1

Deal with sin. Turn away from the things that are contrary to what He wants for you. It may be hard at first. Never give up, because He will never give up on you. - Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:9 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. Micah 7:19

To get closer. I would suggest spending the beginning of each day with a devotional. There are some here at TJ that you are welcome to use or find one that you can put by your night stand, so you can as you get ready for the day, think about what you have just read. Like any friend, we communicate with them. Continue to share as you do at night what you are going through, what your desires are, what your hopes and dreams are. He desires this of us who call Him Lord, Savior, Brother, and Friend.

Always know that you have Brothers & Sisters in Christ Jesus who will join with you in prayer.
YBIC
C4E
<><
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Active

RJ

Hello!

I feel as if I stumbled upon this site for a reason, and in response I want to ask for forgiveness of my sins, but I dont exactly know how to approach that. I have always known the Lord as my savior and salvation, prayed to him every night before I go to sleep, include things about my day, ask for strength and things similar, but never got to the next step of really living for Him. I feel as though I struggle to connect and I hope to gain a closer relationship with Him. Any suggestions? Tips? Anything helps!
The key to a Christian salvation is having Christ in you; that is of the most importance.
There is now way for anyone to know if this has happened or not, that is up to you and God. My experience is you will know when it happens. You have come a long way...knowing of him, praying to him, confessing you are a sinner. You are either there, with him in you, are you are close and need to take the final step.
Here is a famous verse: Revelations 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. This has already happened or he stands at your door and awaits for the invitation. Go to Romans 10: 8-13 , do something similar to this, acknowledge to him your sinful and invite him to come into your life. Once done, take a deep breathe and believe what scripture says, and then, continue to read the Bible and be blessed!