• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Seek the Lord

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Then Manoah prayed to the LORD, and said, "O my Lord, please let the Man of God whom You sent come to us again and teach us what we shall do for the child who will be born." Judges 13:8

During the time of the judges, Israel often did evil things, oblivious to the fact that God was watching. That was their situation here. An angel appeared to Manoah's wife to tell her she'd give birth to a son, Samson. Manoah's reaction was to ask the Lord to send the angel again, so they'd know what they should do for their child.

Is prayer your first instinct when you aren't sure how to handle a situation? If not, then this, the National Day of Prayer is the perfect time to begin doing so. Find a quiet place and talk to God. Worship Him for being such a personal God, then ask for His clear guidance and direction. You can trust Him to provide it.

But don't let your renewed relationship with Him fizzle. Make every day a day of prayer. Seek Him every morning, faithfully, so that you can go forth from His presence in His power. Your prayers don't need to be long or elaborate. They just need to express what's on your heart.

Prayer: Father, renew a passion within me to share my heart with You every morning as I rise and prepare for my day.