• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Seeing Invisible things of God

Loyal
Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

This scripture say we can see invisible things of God by looking at the things created, even God's eternal power and Godhead.

What did God create in this physical world that we can see with our eyes so we can see God's eternal power, and Godhead in how he is in the eternal realm?

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

This scripture say we can see invisible things of God by looking at the things created, even God's eternal power and Godhead.

What did God create in this physical world that we can see with our eyes so we can see God's eternal power, and Godhead in how he is in the eternal realm?

While I think physical things God has made do show us things about God, I am not sure that this scripture is saying that. The scripture from Romans 1:20 says that the things that are made understand God's eternal power and the Godhead. This does not mean that physical rocks and trees and the sky and so forth understand God's eternal power and godhead. Rather, it means that the believers (they are his works, they are his creation) understand God's eternal power and godhead and are without excuse. Obviously, a physical rock or some such physical thing could not be said to be without excuse. The creation of the world spoken of in the first part of the verse should probably be understood to mean the creation of the believers. Christ created his believers, in the spiritual sense, at the cross when he endured their punishment to give them spiritual birth. The Greek word for 'world' in this verse is the same as that used for John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The world, in this case, is a bunch of people, and not, instead, planet earth and its physical attributes. In the verse in Romans 1:20, the "things that are made" is apparently referring back to what was just created: "the creation of the world". This is especially likely when we look at the Greek, for the Greek is said to be defined as "a work". We must remember that believers are his work. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph:2:10

Loyal
While I think physical things God has made do show us things about God, I am not sure that this scripture is saying that. The scripture from Romans 1:20 says that the things that are made understand God's eternal power and the Godhead. This does not mean that physical rocks and trees and the sky and so forth understand God's eternal power and godhead. Rather, it means that the believers (they are his works, they are his creation) understand God's eternal power and godhead and are without excuse. Obviously, a physical rock or some such physical thing could not be said to be without excuse. The creation of the world spoken of in the first part of the verse should probably be understood to mean the creation of the believers. Christ created his believers, in the spiritual sense, at the cross when he endured their punishment to give them spiritual birth. The Greek word for 'world' in this verse is the same as that used for John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." The world, in this case, is a bunch of people, and not, instead, planet earth and its physical attributes. In the verse in Romans 1:20, the "things that are made" is apparently referring back to what was just created: "the creation of the world". This is especially likely when we look at the Greek, for the Greek is said to be defined as "a work". We must remember that believers are his work. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Eph:2:10
I believe this scripture is telling us that since man is spiritually blind from birth, God created this world in a way that resembles God's Heavenly Kingdom that is invisible. Doing this would be a means of giving man a visual aid in understanding of the invisible realm. This is why Jesus used a lot of physical things in his teaching to describe spiritual principles that can not be seen. God did create something in this physical world that man could see with his natural eyes that gives him a understanding of how God, his eternal power, and Godhead is in the eternal Kingdom.

Loyal
I believe this scripture is telling us that since man is spiritually blind from birth, God created this world in a way that resembles God's Heavenly Kingdom that is invisible. Doing this would be a means of giving man a visual aid in understanding of the invisible realm. This is why Jesus used a lot of physical things in his teaching to describe spiritual principles that can not be seen. God did create something in this physical world that man could see with his natural eyes that gives him a understanding of how God, his eternal power, and Godhead is in the eternal Kingdom.
But, we are to see here and now by faith.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

We need to have a vision and it is by faith that the necessary vision becomes reality:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18

Loyal
But, we are to see here and now by faith.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

We need to have a vision and it is by faith that the necessary vision becomes reality:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:..." Prov 29:18
Amen Brother. That is the whole purpose of light, is to gives us "vision" into the unseen world. Darkness brings blindness, but light gives vision.

Eph 5:13 But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible,
Eph 5:14 for anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." (ESV)

There is one thing God created in this physical world that we can turn our natural eyes to to give us a "revelation" to how God is in his eternal realm.

Loyal
As Brother Amadeus2 mentioned we are to see by faith, but this faith can not see without light. Weather it is physical or spiritual light things stay hidden when there is no light. Our eyes can not see a thing without physical light, neither can our spiritual eyes without spiritual light.

Eph 5:13 But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible,
Eph 5:14 for anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."

Anything that light shines upon becomes "visible", but not only does that thing becomes visible it also now becomes a light source, because of the light that is now reflecting off of it!!
I am still talking about what did God create in this physical world that we can "see" with our natural eyes that gives us a revelation of God. It has to do with "light"

Question:
Is God really everywhere? If he is then why does the Bible tell us to "come boldly to the throne room of grace, that we may receive mercy to help in a time of need"?
If God is everywhere why would we have to go somewhere, I thought he was already here! If we have to go somewhere to get to his throne, that would mean God is not everywhere!

Loyal
Question: Is God really everywhere? If he is then why does the Bible tell us to "come boldly to the throne room of grace, that we may receive mercy to help in a time of need"?
If God is everywhere why would we have to go somewhere, I thought he was already here! If we have to go somewhere to get to his throne, that would mean God is not everywhere!

We're not physicists, so don't dwell too much in the arena of the physicists.

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good." Prov 15:3

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." Ps 139:7-8

He is everywhere, but we are not everywhere. Some of the places He is, He also wants us to be.

Loyal
We're not physicists, so don't dwell too much in the arena of the physicists.

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good." Prov 15:3

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there." Ps 139:7-8

He is everywhere, but we are not everywhere. Some of the places He is, He also wants us to be.
Brother is the "presence" of God with us, the same thing as we being in his presence?

How do you see this scripture?

Jer 23:23 "Am I only a God who is nearby?" announces the LORD. "Am I not a God who is also far away? (NiRV)

Loyal
Brother is the "presence" of God with us, the same thing as we being in his presence?

I would say, no, it is not. Consider for a moment having access to a video camera that records everything everywhere all of the time. God, I believe, is that and more. What we have is a promise, which should be on the make right now if we are allowing it:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

How do you see this scripture?

Jer 23:23 "Am I only a God who is nearby?" announces the LORD. "Am I not a God who is also far away? (NiRV)

God is readily available to those who love Him and are walking closer to Him. But, when we were sinners seemingly without hope, did not God so far away from us keep us from harm because it was not yet our time?

I certainly have memories of a time when I did not really know God, but He protected me because He saw something in me that was invisible to me.

Loyal
I would say, no, it is not. Consider for a moment having access to a video camera that records everything everywhere all of the time. God, I believe, is that and more. What we have is a promise, which should be on the make right now if we are allowing it:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

God is readily available to those who love Him and are walking closer to Him. But, when we were sinners seemingly without hope, did not God so far away from us keep us from harm because it was not yet our time?

I certainly have memories of a time when I did not really know God, but He protected me because He saw something in me that was invisible to me.
If we know that the Lord requires us to come to him where his throne is in times of need, that would place us in his presence. When we leave his throne we are no longer in his presence, but his presence would still be with us. Can you think of any situation on how this could be true? How can a person be in the presence of the Lord, and then leave, yet still have the presence of the Lord with them?
If we could figure this out we would see exactly how God can be close to us, and yet at the same time be far away.
What do you think?

Loyal
If we know that the Lord requires us to come to him where his throne is in times of need, that would place us in his presence. When we leave his throne we are no longer in his presence, but his presence would still be with us. Can you think of any situation on how this could be true? How can a person be in the presence of the Lord, and then leave, yet still have the presence of the Lord with them?
If we could figure this out we would see exactly how God can be close to us, and yet at the same time be far away.
What do you think?

When I backslid for a prolonged period some years ago, I left the presence of God, but I could never get away from Him. I did my thing, but I was lonely without being alone. There was never more than a very momentary satisfaction and even that momentary satisfaction was really empty. Oh God was there all of the time, even though I was alone. Coming back was another story altogether...

Figure out how it works? Can we? It's like man trying to figure everything out through science alone. A man can discover or uncover an awful lot without revealing anything at all. Any real answers we get do come from God. When we have received them, we can only effectively share them with God's help with those who are willing to open their hearts.

Loyal
When I backslid for a prolonged period some years ago, I left the presence of God, but I could never get away from Him. I did my thing, but I was lonely without being alone. There was never more than a very momentary satisfaction and even that momentary satisfaction was really empty. Oh God was there all of the time, even though I was alone. Coming back was another story altogether...

Figure out how it works? Can we? It's like man trying to figure everything out through science alone. A man can discover or uncover an awful lot without revealing anything at all. Any real answers we get do come from God. When we have received them, we can only effectively share them with God's help with those who are willing to open their hearts.
I can relate to what you have said here. There have been many times in my life to where I felt close to the Lord and then times I felt along way off. But even in my low times I knew the Lord was always there with me. I guess we could call this a way of saying the Lord is near, and also far away from us at different times.
After reading Romans 1 and seeing that God created something in physical world that reveals to man how God is in his spiritual eternal realm I set out to find out what that was. Here are some of the scriptures the Lord led me to, to discover this.

Mathew 17:1-2
(1)And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an
high mountain apart,
(2) And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was
white as the light.

Revelations 21:22-23
(22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
(23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory
of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

John 8:12
(12) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying,
I am the light of the world: he that followeth
me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Psalms 84:11
(11)
The LORD God is like the sun that gives us light. He is like a shield that keeps us safe. The
LORD blesses us with favor and honor. He doesn't hold back anything good from those whose lives
are without blame. (NIrV)

Of course the Lord is NOT the sun, but he is like the sun. Now I could see how the Lord could be close to me and yet still be far away.
The sun is millions of miles away, but it is close because of it's light that shines upon man. The suns light is the same as God's presence with us even though it millions of miles away.
Coming close to the sun would be the same thing as standing in God's presence.
Contrary to popular belief God is NOT everywhere, but his presence is. All light no matter what kind it is must have a "point" of origin to where it starts. God is light, and he is also a "consuming fire" just like the sun.
He is close to us but also far away. There is only one place where God himself sits in his Glory, and this is where the light of God emanates from. It is his "point of origin" to where God's Glory shines throughout all time, and eternity. Where ever God is "at rest", is where we will find God himself, the source of all life.

Psalms 132:13-14
(13) For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
(14) This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Psalms 102:16-17
(16) For the LORD has built up Zion; He has appeared in His glory.
(17)He has regarded the prayer of the destitute, And has not despised their prayer.(NAS77)

Loyal
I can relate to what you have said here. There have been many times in my life to where I felt close to the Lord and then times I felt along way off. But even in my low times I knew the Lord was always there with me. I guess we could call this a way of saying the Lord is near, and also far away from us at different times.
After reading Romans 1 and seeing that God created something in physical world that reveals to man how God is in his spiritual eternal realm I set out to find out what that was. Here are some of the scriptures the Lord led me to, to discover this.

Often times when I was very low, even to my own mind backslid, God would reveal something very good to me. This hasn't happened only once but many times over the years. I've been so bad and unfaithful, but at the same time He has been so very good and faithful. One thing He has repeatedly strongly impressed on me is no matter what, don't quit.

Of course the Lord is NOT the sun, but is he is like the sun. Now I could see how the Lord could be close to me and yet still be far away.
The sun is millions of miles away, but it is close because of it's light that shines upon man. The suns light is the same as God's presence with us even though it millions of miles away.
Coming close to the sun would be the same thing as standing in God's presence.
Contrary to popular belief God is NOT everywhere, but his presence is. All light no matter what kind it is must have a "point" of origin to where it starts. God is light, and he is also a "consuming fire" just like the sun.
He is close to us but also far away. There is only one place where God himself sits in his Glory, and this is where the light of God emanates from. It is his "point of origin" to where God's Glory shines throughout all time, and eternity. Where ever God is "at rest", is where we will find God himself, the source of all life.

Think of the natural sun, which provides life giving heat and light, yet we cannot look steadily at it without ruining our natural eyes. We could not approach the actual orb too closely without being physically consumed yet...

"Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego." Dan 3:22

and what became of the three Hebrews?

"...these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them." Dan 3:27

Our God is a consuming fire, but what of the three Hebrews and what of us?

"Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." Dan 3:13-15

Psalms 132:13-14
(13) For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.
(14) This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matt 8:20
So where then is Zion (parched placed)? Is Jesus able yet to "lay his head" in us? Or are we still too much of a dry, parched placed?

Psalms 102:16-17
(16) For the LORD has built up Zion; He has appeared in His glory.

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them" John 17:22

Loyal
Often times when I was very low, even to my own mind backslid, God would reveal something very good to me. This hasn't happened only once but many times over the years. I've been so bad and unfaithful, but at the same time He has been so very good and faithful. One thing He has repeatedly strongly impressed on me is no matter what, don't quit.

Think of the natural sun, which provides life giving heat and light, yet we cannot look steadily at it without ruining our natural eyes. We could not approach the actual orb too closely without being physically consumed yet...

"Therefore because the king's commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego." Dan 3:22

and what became of the three Hebrews?

"...these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them." Dan 3:27

Our God is a consuming fire, but what of the three Hebrews and what of us?

"Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." Dan 3:13-15

"And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matt 8:20
So where then is Zion (parched placed)? Is Jesus able yet to "lay his head" in us? Or are we still too much of a dry, parched placed?

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them" John 17:22

As a man living in a physical body we can not approach or see God in this configuration. But thank God he has "circumcised" us in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ.

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

We are not attempting to see God's Glory in our physical body, but from our rebirth spirit that has its own senses!!

1Tim 6:16 who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.

God's Glory is his "light" which is also a "fire". John the Baptist told us that Jesus would be the one who would baptize us with the Holy Ghost and with fire.!!

Luke 3:16 John answered them all, saying, "I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Being "immersed" in this fire we the church are suppose to be looking from the inside looking out, not trying to see it from its exterior.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

We are "complete" in God!!! We are dwelling inside this consuming fire looking out.

Amen Brother. That is the whole purpose of light, is to gives us "vision" into the unseen world. Darkness brings blindness, but light gives vision.
That is the principle I get from the Word too.
9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
John 11:9-10

Loyal
We are not attempting to see God's Glory in our physical body, but from our rebirth spirit that has its own senses!!

No, but we do want to see His Glory, don't we?

1Tim 6:16 who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.

God's Glory is his "light" which is also a "fire". John the Baptist told us that Jesus would be the one who would baptize us with the Holy Ghost and with fire.!!

Luke 3:16 John answered them all, saying, "I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Being "immersed" in this fire we the church are suppose to be looking from the inside looking out, not trying to see it from its exterior.

Don't you believe that we need to pass through the fire to burn up everything that cannot tolerate the fire of God? When we pass through the flaming sword will not all of our wheat and chaff be burned up? Only then can we pass through and partake of the Tree of Life which lies within.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

We are "complete" in God!!! We are dwelling inside this consuming fire looking out.

If we were in it continuously at this moment, we would, I believe, already have had everything burnable burned up and only the unburnable would remain. This, of course, would include our foundation if our foundation is Jesus. It would also include all of our unburnable works (silver, gold and precious stones). We are growing (or should be) so that there will be more to us to endure with Him.

Jesus did pray for us to be one with him and his Father, and some of us are some of the time in some places. But, are all of us all of the time in all places?

Loyal
No, but we do want to see His Glory, don't we?

Don't you believe that we need to pass through the fire to burn up everything that cannot tolerate the fire of God? When we pass through the flaming sword will not all of our wheat and chaff be burned up? Only then can we pass through and partake of the Tree of Life which lies within.

If we were in it continuously at this moment, we would, I believe, already have had everything burnable burned up and only the unburnable would remain. This, of course, would include our foundation if our foundation is Jesus. It would also include all of our unburnable works (silver, gold and precious stones). We are growing (or should be) so that there will be more to us to endure with Him.

Jesus did pray for us to be one with him and his Father, and some of us are some of the time in some places. But, are all of us all of the time in all places?
Let me ask you question Brother. Does Jesus who now lives inside us, as he is our life. Is Jesus fully aware of his surroundings while living inside us?
If Jesus is fully aware of his surroundings on this earth, why are we not also fully aware of our surroundings in Heaven where we are dwelling in him?
After all, Christ lives in us, and we live in Him!!! "For as he is, so are we in this world". I really believe this is something the Church has complexly missed for decades.
Is not the "Glory" which Jesus gave us make us "one" in God, and not only one with God but also with one another? Is not this Glory that which connects us to both worlds, the earthy, and Heavenly? How else can Jesus be sitting on his throne in Heaven and also living in us at the same time? The Kingdom of God has been given to us, and we have already been translated there when we became a new creature in Christ. That is if we really believe the Word. If not we will never experience his Kingdom in this life but the next!

Loyal
That is the principle I get from the Word too.
9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
John 11:9-10
That is so true. as it is written, "if we walk in the light as he is in the light we have fellowship with one another....." (1 John 1:7)
If God is "light" and if we are in him, which we are, and if the Body of Christ is in the same light we will have fellowship with one another that goes beyond physical closeness.

Loyal
Let me ask you question Brother. Does Jesus who now lives inside us, as he is our life. Is Jesus fully aware of his surroundings while living inside us?

What was Jesus aware of when he walked through the natural land Israel in his flesh about 2000 years ago? He was always aware of his Father's will for he lived it continuously, yet he was also always aware of the desires of his flesh for he was tempted in all points even as we are. We started out with the mind of the 'old man' in us and then Jesus came into our heart, the 'new man' in us. Read the book of James carefully which is addressed not to unbelievers but to believers within the 12 tribes. He calls them what?

"...ye double minded..." James 4:8

That is certainly us, if the shoe ever does fit:

"Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be" James 3:10

They "ought not so to be", but they surely too often are. How often does a person have really good, anointed experience in a wonderful church service and then while driving home from that service someone cuts him them off unreasonably with his vehicle? Does the person's mouth speak ill of the one who cut him off without thinking about it? May God help us to "pray for those who despitefully use [us]".

We are certainly aware of both the good blessing and the evil words of our mouth. Jesus is too. He will help when we start to sink, if we simply ask him as Peter did when he looked away from the face of his Master.

If Jesus is fully aware of his surroundings on this earth, why are we not also fully aware of our surroundings in Heaven where we are dwelling in him?

Still my friend, we are seeing even the good things of God, too often "through a glass darkly" and that is our good vision. Mixed with it are still too much of the vision of the 'old man' of us who continues want the dominion he once had. One more touch and then another touch from Jesus is what is needed. We really still do not fully realize just how deep of a pit God is working to bring us out of. Unfortunately, every time we quench the Spirit, we slide way back down toward the bottom. we do have a vision, but what we need is perfect sight: 20/20 vision in the things of God.

After all, Christ lives in us, and we live in Him!!! "For as he is, so are we in this world". I really believe this is something the Church has complexly missed for decades.
Is not the "Glory" which Jesus gave us make us "one" in God, and not only one with God but also with one another? Is not this Glory that which connects us to both worlds, the earthy, and Heavenly? How else can Jesus be sitting on his throne in Heaven and also living in us at the same time? The Kingdom of God has been given to us, and we have already been translated there when we became a new creature in Christ. That is if we really believe the Word. If not we will never experience his Kingdom in this life but the next!

But it is not Christ only who dwells in us. He only dwells in a very small habitable part our little world. Compare our world with planet Earth. About ¾ of the planet's surface is for man uninhabitable, undrinkable water. Of the land much of it includes dry hot deserts or frozen wastelands. Jesus came into our hearts, but like planet Earth, most of us is uninhabitable. Jesus needs a place to lay his head. It is supposed to be in you and in me, but every time we quench the Spirit, we create more wasteland in us, more uninhabitable land.
God does continue work in you and me, but He always needs our permission to continue working. Every time we quench the Spirit, we limit God:

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41