• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Secret Name?

I noticed a video that really caught my attention this morning. The title was, "Secret name of Jesus". Considering I am a bit into conspiracy theories, this is something that caught my eye.

After watching the video, I was left speechless. No joke! I was left to re-think what I've been taught since youth, due to the lie that I've believed ever since I was able to understand scripture and what it teaches!

I take a bit of pride in having accurate knowledge of scripture, so having someone utterly slap me in the face (hypothetically speaking) with this truth was a humbling experience.

Anyways, check out the video for yourself! I am sure it will lead into some interesting discussion. I look forward in hearing what other people think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
I noticed a video that really caught my attention this morning. The title was, "Secret name of Jesus". Considering I am a bit into conspiracy theories, this is something that caught my eye.

After watching the video, I was left speechless. No joke! I was left to re-think what I've been taught since youth, due to the lie that I've believed ever since I was able to understand scripture and what it teaches!

I take a bit of pride in having accurate knowledge of scripture, so having someone utterly slap me in the face (hypothetically speaking) with this truth was a humbling experience.

Anyways, check out the video for yourself! I am sure it will lead into some interesting discussion. I look forward in hearing what other people think!

bit.ly/SecretName

What is the lie you believed that a conspiracy theory had you change?

Quantrill

Loyal
Hmmm... there is something about the saints receiving a new name.

Rev 2:17; 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'

...and possibly Jesus receiving a new name.

Rev 3:12; 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My new name.

Staff Member

Thank you for sharing @Hiswillbedone

That was so revealing and a worthwhile slap in the face.

Praise the Lord

Loyal
OMGoodness....Revelation 19:11-13 We know His name is " The Word of God"!

Revelation 19:11-13 King James Version (KJV)

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Revelation 19:11-13 (CJB)

11 Next I saw heaven opened, and there before me was a white horse. Sitting on it was the one called Faithful and True, and it is in righteousness that he passes judgment and goes to battle. 12 His eyes were like a fiery flame, and on his head were many royal crowns. And he had a name written which no one knew but himself. 13 He was wearing a robe that had been soaked in blood, and the name by which he is called is, “THE WORD OF GOD.”

This dufus is simply looking for subscribers

Staff Member
Hello @Hiswillbedone
So what would that be in the Greek?
The best I could do, not really knowing Greek, and using an online translator would be Theou tou lexi (minus the accent marks)
This translator probably uses modern Greek, so the older Koine might be something different. How different I really couldn't say.

On to the video!!! :(

This man takes much out of context, to make his point. Oh, don't get me wrong. He makes some very valid points. However, that doesn't support other issues of the video content. He cuts down the writings of the Epistles because people have used it to support their own agenda, which is kind of what he is doing to support his own. Funny, because I disagree with some of what he has said, does it make me look at the Gospels as being less??? No. Yet apparently that is what he is saying, instead of pointing out that lack of spiritual understanding is probably the cause. Even though at the end he does say that he believes the Bible to be inspired.

However, to also look at the Gospels without context, and many of the group who have showed up here at TJ espousing similar thoughts actually reflect what the speaker in this video has accused others of doing and that is nit picking verses to make a point. Really is the pot calling the kettle black.

I could have gone point by point but to what avail? It's not the first time the subject matter within this video has been brought up on TJ and yet it persists still, if a bit more pysops method to it this time. This is not the first video link of the set that I've deleted. I would greatly appreciate it if you won't add them again.

Nick
<><

Hello @Hiswillbedone
The best I could do, not really knowing Greek, and using an online translator would be Theou tou lexi (minus the accent marks)
This translator probably uses modern Greek, so the older Koine might be something different. How different I really couldn't say.

On to the video!!! :crying:

This man takes much out of context, to make his point. Oh, don't get me wrong. He makes some very valid points. However, that doesn't support other issues of the video content. He cuts down the writings of the Epistles because people have used it to support their own agenda, which is kind of what he is doing to support his own. Funny, because I disagree with some of what he has said, does it make me look at the Gospels as being less??? No. Yet apparently that is what he is saying, instead of pointing out that lack of spiritual understanding is probably the cause. Even though at the end he does say that he believes the Bible to be inspired.

However, to also look at the Gospels without context, and many of the group who have showed up here at TJ espousing similar thoughts actually reflect what the speaker in this video has accused others of doing and that is nit picking verses to make a point. Really is the pot calling the kettle black.

I could have gone point by point but to what avail? It's not the first time the subject matter within this video has been brought up on TJ and yet it persists still, if a bit more pysops method to it this time. This is not the first video link of the set that I've deleted. I would greatly appreciate it if you won't add them again.

Nick
<><
Personally, I would be interested in hearing your 'point by point' analysis. Mainly from experience, I've noticed that when two scriptures seem to contradict, one being a teaching of Jesus and one being found from another part of the Bible, it seems that Jesus' words become the one that we need to interpret, rather than having Jesus' words interpret the rest of the Bible...

This happened in a past thread where I shared that Jesus taught us that we can only serve one master, God or Money. What happened is that everybody "freaked" out at this teaching and started searching the scriptures diligently to make Jesus not mean what he is recorded as saying. This is concerning to me. Considering that the words that we will be judged by on judgement day are Jesus' words (John 12:48), it is natural that I will be concerned for people that claim to believe in Jesus, yet they do all that they can to deny what he said by using other parts of scripture to twists Jesus' words.

It isn't just with Matthew 6:24. I can give another one and the immediate reaction will be that Jesus didn't really mean what he said.

Let's try, Shall we?

Matthew 23:8-10, "But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called instructors (master), for you have one Instructor, the Christ. "

Now all I am going to do is say let's apply the words we see Jesus teaching. Are you ready?

If we are not to call or be called teacher, then that means we shouldn't call our school teachers "teachers" right? Therefore we shouldn't refer to them as MR. and MRS. since these are shortened versions on master. Amen?

Next, we shouldn't call nobody on earth father (that would include the equivalent 'dad'). So, our human father we don't call dad or father, nor do we allow our kids to refer to us as this.

Simple, isn't it.

Yet I am prepared to read the sparks fly and an enormous amount of resistance to this simple command of Jesus. To those that are seeking for truth and enjoyed the video, please do keep checking others as they are released. If you would like any links then please PM me and I will be more than happy to send them.

Out of respect and courtesy to the wishes of the MOD team, I won't post any links to the videos anymore.

Peace be to everyone who hears these words of mine.

Staff Member
Hello @Hiswillbedone

On to the video!!! :crying:

Nick
<><

Greetings Nick,

Do you mind if I ask what a pysops method is ?

I certainly hear what you are saying, Brother. Let us see if the Member you have addressed in your post does also.
We can get all pretty good at digging into the Bible to understand it word for word but sometimes we seem incapable of understanding simply words from each other . I am sure that the main message to believers is about digging deep into doing right by each other and that often involves our communication.

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
Greetings Nick,

Do you mind if I ask what a pysops method is ?

I certainly hear what you are saying, Brother. Let us see if the Member you have addressed in your post does also.
We can get all pretty good at digging into the Bible to understand it word for word but sometimes we seem incapable of understanding simply words from each other . I am sure that the main message to believers is about digging deep into doing right by each other and that often involves our communication.

Bless you ....><>

Dear Brother,
:) That's the military part of me brother. Psychological operations (PSYOP) are operations to convey selected information and indicators to audiences to influence their emotions, motives, and objective reasoning, and ultimately the behavior of governments, organizations, groups, and individuals. Very similar to propaganda, which is as close as I can come to the civilian component.

I would love to dig deeper, but if you were to ask, if the rest of the Bible comes from God, if they don't answer it or actually say yes, will add that if it appears to contradict exactly what Jesus, or The Word of God says, it must be wrong. That's not deeper, it is selective reasoning. Also, the greater issue is that they don't believe the Bible is infallible. When I have some time later (off to work), I'll see if I can find the post I first introduced to the team on those like minded who came here to TJ. It of course doesn't change my love for them.

A sense of what I'm talking about is....ask about the use of Father or Titles, like Teacher, etc. :)

Love you brother. Missed you dearly.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Staff Member
Greetings again Nick,

Thank you for explaining that term.
Charity is deeper than many venture to go (some call it love) and believe also is far reaching like trust.

The letter killeth, we are told.

Thank you again.

Bless you ....><>