• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

searching for answers

I have questions and i hope to find the answers and please don't misunderstand me i just need to find the answers:
1- if jesus is GOD's son how come GOD didn't help him??!!!
2- why there are more than one BIBLE? and why are there differences in the BIBLE?
3-why all these changes in the BIBLE? why it didn't kept the same since jesus?

Administrator
Staff Member
I will move this to bible chat forum. Bible answers is a forum that already has listed common questions where you can respond to. Bible chat will help you more.

Jesus dying as a sacrifice was part of God's plan. Jesus is part of the Trinity, how could He go against the Father, who He is a part of?

2- why there are more than one BIBLE? and why are there differences in the BIBLE?
Both of these are really the same question. One of the devil's main plans has always been the corruption of the scripture. After his failure to thwart the birth of the Messiah, he launched a campaign to take away the significance of Christ. This is evident in all the versions after the king james where an alarming number of references to Christ's diety are taken out as part of "clarification." Even the king james has faults too though. Most notably the intentional jumbling of God Names. To give one example in Genesis ch. 1 Elohim is mentioned 32 times. What is the significance of this name?
Elohim (ALHYM) is the male plural of the female singular of God, Eloah (ALH), signifying the single female and double male portions of the Trinity, all present at creation. In the KJV it is translated as the male singular of God El (AL) to take away a mention of the Trinity or Son. There isn't an accurate translation of the Bible in English.

All this work of the devil is in vain, however, as strypes so eloquently put it...
it still "speaks" to people who have the Holy Spirit as teacher{1 John 2:27}.
Simply pray before you read that God will reveal the truth to you and He WILL...
Seek the Holy Spirit and He will teach you to reconize His Holy Word.

Human Love

Yes I agree Jesus was a human form of perfect love, God in flesh, and it was that it had to happen otherwise we would have no Saviour and be lost, Jesus was and is the ultimate sinless sacrifice for our sins and finished the Old Testament ways of sacrificing.
The most common Bible read in our churches is the King James Version I also have the New International Version, I don't think there's much differance between them, I like to use both as sometimes a word or line can be better understood in one or the other, but both mean the same thing.
Jehovah's Witnesses have their own Bible if you can call it that, it is man-made they have taken words away from our Bible and it says you cannot add or take away from God's word. Amen It is true that the Lord, through his Holy Spirit will reveal to us through his word.
I was awakened at 4am this morning with a chorus going through my head
about being lifted up, I believe Jesus uses these ways to reassure us of his love.
One morning I was awakened with the words 'I have girded up our Loins' I wasn't sure of the meaning so I asked in church and was told it means I am going to be strengthened, and did I need it months later.
I have just recently come across this verse in the Bible and it says to gird you with truth.
So don't doubt the Bible, just read the word and believe.

I want to thank you all for your time to answer my questoins.I just needed the the answer thanks again.So if i have any more questions can i ask you if you don't mind?

God would have saved Jesus from the cross if he would have asked. But he didn't ask for help because he was will to take the punishment so that we wuld not have to . For the bible says No greater love hath any man than this, that a man would lay down his life for his friends. Jesus would die for us. But he also knew that death could not hold him because he had no sin. If we died without Jesus there would be know hope.

Rainbow ... I am sure we would all love to help you find these answers! If you are seeking Truth it is only because the Lord God of Eternity is leading you to seek that Truth! "No one comes to the Father unless the Father draws him".

Our Jesus is not the Jesus of Islam. Our God is not THREE GODS, but one God in three persons. Our FAITH is not based on what we must do to earn God's favor, but on what God has ALREADY DONE to bring us back to Him!

I would love it if we could set up a time to have live chat with you and teach you more about our Wonderful Lord!

i do believe that it was meant to be that Jesus wld suffer for us since in the bbok of genesis. His was but to fulfill the prophecies that had be told. In all God the Father was there to guide Him thru all the this that had to be fulfilled. bout the bible i beleive in one that has 66 books and was inspired by the Lord our God and i hope and pray that one day it shall come to pass that we get to read and believe in the one and only Holy Book pf the Lord.

How did you get to read the devil's mind - I mean, to understand what does and doesn't come from the devil? Have you considered there might be a close connection between things that make you uncomfortable and the "devil's" activities?

A lot of changes in the bible reflect ongoing biblical scholarship. The RSV is considered the most scrupuluous translation that pays closest attention to the source material.

Many basic, thoroughly substantiated findings are unknown by many Christians. For example, none of the gospel authors ever met Jesus. They wrote the gospels decades after his death, and put into writing oral traditions about Jesus that developed during those decades. The authors were not the disciples Mathew, Mark, John, and Luke, but people who considered themselves followers of those disciples. At that time it was the normal practice to write in the name of your guru, so to speak.

Take a look at the introductory and preface pieces in the RSV if you want to know more. It also gives you a sense of how biblical scholars work - the methods they arrive at to reach their conclusions. The devil isn't mentioned, and the authors are virtually always practising Christians themselves.

Administrator
Staff Member
Alana said:
For example, none of the gospel authors ever met Jesus
Correct me if I'm wrong but that is not true, unless if you're just stating that "facts" don't show they met Jesus. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but what about the 12 apostles of Jesus? They of course "met" Jesus :)

If I misunderstood you, forgive me

Hi I'm Tanya just to help you out. Jesus was sent by God to take on our sins. Someone had to pay for the way man kind has sinned.
God is holy and He can do what He wants...Kind of like a rich man with a lot of money can get pretty much what he wants..Well so is it with God.
*There is only one bible...Not more than one. There are different translations, but all of them are saying the same thing...Check out bibleontheweb.com

For your first question: Jesus Is God Incarnated in the flesh. (Matthewi:23 "Emmanuel, ...God is with us".) God came down in the flesh, because he did not want to see us perish, He says in Ezekeil18: 32 that he has no pleasure in the death of him rhat dieth. Remeber the wages of sin is death (rom6:23) and to escape death we need a covering on our lives, and this covering is the blood of Jesus......God came down to seek and to save that which is lost, and made himself of no reputation. He came to fulfil the scriptures. With out the death of Jesus their would be no remission.

Alana said:
Many basic, thoroughly substantiated findings are unknown by many Christians. For example, none of the gospel authors ever met Jesus. They wrote the gospels decades after his death, and put into writing oral traditions about Jesus that developed during those decades. The authors were not the disciples Mathew, Mark, John, and Luke, but people who considered themselves followers of those disciples. At that time it was the normal practice to write in the name of your guru, so to speak.
I would have to disagree with you on this one. Almost all Christians agree that the Apostles did write the Gosples, Except for Luke who was a student of Paul, the other Gospel writers were indeed the Apostles. Like in John; John Says it is himself the Apostle who witnessed these things..

So please provide information pertaining to your finding that it is the way you say.

We must be very careful especially when trying to instruct someone new to Christianity.

Peace be with you,
John.

Administrator
Staff Member
jjkirk....I agree. I'm not sure where he/she gets that no one met Jesus. Certainly the apostles met Jesus.

Taken from the King James Dictionary...

A person deputed to execute some important business; but appropriately, a disciple of Christ commissioned to preach the gospel. Twelve persons were selected by Christ for this purpose; and Judas, one of the number, proving an apostate, his place was supplied by Matthias. Acts 1.

The title of apostle is applied to Christ himself, Heb. 3. In the primitive ages of the church, other ministers were called apostles, Rom. 16; as were persons sent to carry alms from one church to another, Philip. 2. This title was also given to persons who first planted the Christian faith. Thus Dionysius of Corinth is called the apostle of France; and the Jesuit Missionaries are called apostles.

Among the Jews, the title was given to officers who were sent into distant provinces, as visitors or commissioners, to see the laws observed.

Apostle, in the Greek liturgy, is a book contained the epistles of St. Paul, printed in the order in which they are to be read in churches, through the year.

I really want to thank you all for answering my questions, it just when you need to know the truth you have to seek for it and no matter how stupid my Qs seems to be i just have to ask it to know the truth, thanks again.

Boy, After reading this I will NEVER pick up the RSV.

JOHN walked with Jesus. The same John who wrote the Gospel of John! He concludes the gospel account which he wrote with these words, "This is that disciple who saw these events and recorded them here. And we all know that his account of these things is accurate" (This is the disciple who leaned against Jesus in affection at the Last Supper) Peter was with Him! Matthew is the same Matthew who wrote his account!

Let noone be confused who reads Alana's post here .... These are indeed the men who walked with Jesus for the years prior to his death. Alana is running with the wrong ball!

Alana, in love I suggest you pick up a different translation. There are many spurious translations offered us by people who CLAIM to be christian but are not. The Watchtower Bible is another.

Alana said:
How did you get to read the devil's mind - I mean, to understand what does and doesn't come from the devil? Have you considered there might be a close connection between things that make you uncomfortable and the "devil's" activities?
The Word of God itself tells us much about the devil's activities, how he operates, what does come from him. Its all there! Try the NIV, the KJV, the NKJF, the NLT.

{QUOTE=Alana}A lot of changes in the bible reflect ongoing biblical scholarship. The RSV is considered the most scrupuluous translation that pays closest attention to the source material.
A lot of changes in the Bible reflect the growing heresy within the so called church.

Alana ... How is it that you buy into this translation so thoroughly? Are you a new Christian? Are you a Christian? Would you like to talk about these things?