• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Scripture needed for funeral.

Hi guys, if any of you could give me scripture that may help with a funeral service. My brother in laws best friend died this week and the funeral is on monday. I would like a few verses, not too much reading, short and powerful stuff, because my brother in law will be quite emotional. Thank you guys.
teraside

Administrator
Staff Member
Isaiah 25:8-9

8 He will swallow up death forever;
and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces,
and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth,
for the LORD has spoken.
9 It will be said on that day,
"Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us.
This is the LORD; we have waited for him;
let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."

Psalms 34:18

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.

John 5: 28-29

28 Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Revelation 21:3-4

3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

teraside,
i will gladly pray for you, your brother and all who attend this service, could you let us know the name of the one for whom our prayers are so needed.
i have always found the following a comfort in times like this:
2Corinthians 5:5-8
we are always full of confidence, then, realising that as long as we are at home in the body we are exiled from the Lord, guided by faith and not yet by sight; we are full of confidence, then, and long instead to be exiled,

2Timothy 2:11-13
here is a saying that you can rely on.
if we have died with Him, then we shall live with Him
if we persevere, then we shall reign with Him
if we disown Him, then He will disown us.
if we are faithless, He is faithful still
for He cannot disown His own self.

hope this helps
God bless

Thank you Chad and time keeper, I appreciate the effort you guys made and thank you for giving me these verses. I appreciate that you would like to pray for the family. The man who died had a wife and 2 children, his baby is 1 year old and his son is 4 or 5 (I'm not sure), his wifes name is Korenza. There has been tremendous tribulation in this past week in Korenza's life and she needs our prayers.

The service is later today and I will be attending, thank you for your prayers.

May Jesus bless you
teraside