• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Scientific Accuracies of the Bible

Administrator
Staff Member
Scientific Accuracies of the Bible

Many people doubt the Bible for various reasons. One of them is that the Bible is not accurate scientifically. But this just isn't so. The Bible is not a book about science, but when it does speak scientifically, it is accurate. In fact, it was far ahead of any other writing of its time. Please consider the following:
  1. The Shape of the Earth
    1. "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in" (Isaiah 40:22).
      1. This may or may not be construed to support the spherical shape of the earth. The horizon is a circle and a circle is flat.
  2. The Earth is suspended in nothing
    1. "He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."(Job. 26:7).
      1. This is particularly interesting, considering that the cosmology of other cultures at that time did not have the earth suspended in nothing, but rather upon pillars, or people, or animals.
  3. The Stars are Innumerable
    1. "And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.'" (Gen. 15:5,).
  4. The Existence of Valleys in the Seas
    1. "And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils." (2 Sam. 22:16).
  5. The Existence of Springs and Fountains in the Seas
    1. "In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened." (Genesis 7:11).
  6. The Existence of Water Paths (Ocean Currents) in the Seas
    1. "1 O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
      3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
      4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
      5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
      6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
      7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
      8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas." (Psalm 8:1-8).
  7. The Hydrologic Cycle
    1. "He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them." (Job. 26:8).
    2. "For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof: Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly." (Job. 36:27-28)
    3. "The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again." (Ecclesiastes 1:6-7).
  8. The Concept of Entropy
    1. "When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD. He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days. I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations. Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:" (Psalm 102:22-26).
  9. The Nature of Health, Sanitation, and Sickness
    1. The listing for this section is too large for this page. But the scriptural references are Leviticus 12-14.
Article: carm.org

Good post Chad.
Another objective evidence of the in-errancy and supremacy of The Bible as God's Word.
Can I request you and/or some other knowledgeable member(s) to similarly list out the various hoaxes that evolutionists have spread and teach inspite of them having been proved to be false.
Thanks