• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Saved since birth?

Administrator
Staff Member
It is not possible to be "born a Christian" or "saved since birth", "born saved", "born a born again Christian" etc.

All are born in sin. You must acknowledge your a sinner

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

You must confess that Jesus Christ is your Savior, GOD Himself.

Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Jesus said it Himself that you must be born again in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

John 3:3-7

3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

4"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"

5Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

John 1:12-13
"But as many recieved Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."
Chad is right, you can't be saved since birth. This scripture itself shows that salvation doesn't come from birth, or run down the family line.

used2believe said:
I did all that once.
Where did it all go wrong?

It is good to read it again though

hello my friend

i read your above post and the following came to mind and i was lead to find

Romans 3:11-12
"There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
all have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."

we all fall, we all fail, we all sin my friend. none of us are perfect, none of us are 100% pure. we are all sinners, and we all sin each and every day. sometimes we backslide, sometimes we turn and walk our own way and sometimes it is hard to feel His love and grace, He is always there though, always wanting and hoping that we may turn back to Him. always stood there with His arms open wide ready and willing to accept us back into His arms of love.

Isaiah 1:18
“come now, and let us reason together,”
says the Lord,
“though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
they shall be as wool.

what are we to do, we are to turn to Him, to sit down and to talk with Him. not in the repetitive prayers said in some churches, but to actually talk like we would with a real friend. for Christ is our friend, infact he is our very best friend. how would you talk to a friend, please give me this and please give me that, no! we would talk openly and honestly about this and that, about everything and nothing, and this is the relationship and prayer life our Lord seeks.

as long as we have this personal and open loving relationship with Christ, as long as we allow ourselves the time to spend in true dialogue with our Lord, and from this relationship and dialogue allow the Lord to truly lead us then our life is in His hands

hope this helps you brother

God bless you in this walk you have returned too

scrappy

Im struggling with this thread

As I have always believed that babies are born without sin and no one will convince me different

It is when they grow into this world that sin enters - environment , etc.

I truly believe that from conception through till early years a child is perfect .

I am not so good at finding verses from the bible to back up my comments as yet as I am still in the early stages of developing my understanding .

I would not find comfort if I was a bereaved parent in verses telling us that we are born in sin and die in sin I think that has been taken to literally

What comfort would that give a mother who has lost a child in pregnancy before the legal age of a funeral? not given the chance to babtise?

Or not given the chance to know god/jesus Im sorry but I lost a child at 12 weeks pregnant and that child is growing in heaven - straight up there no questions asked because it hasnt had to answer any because it has done nothing wrong.
maybe im just getting confused and need this explaining better CHAD help!!!!!!!

tracy said:
Im struggling with this thread

As I have always believed that babies are born without sin and no one will convince me different

hey tracy :love:

im glad we struggle over some things we read. . .they make us think . . .study on it more and they make us grow in Gods Word and with His help also in wisdom . . .

Please think about that sentence you wrote. . ."no one will convince me different" . . .it is not of our understanding that makes the Word of God the Truth . . .it is believing and accepting in our heart that God's Word IS the ultimate truth . . .:love:

that might be hard to swallow sometimes. . .but its still fact hon :love:
we are born in sin . . .and we will die in sin . . .IF we dont repent. . .ask for forgiveness and accept Jesus sacrifice on the cross for us and accept His gift of eternal life :love:

Thats the way God chose for us to be living with Him. . .The only WAY !

Baptising is an official sign of your step inviting Jesus into your heart. . . to the the ones watching "visible and invisible" BUT . .. its not Holy Water! What saves us from eternal split from God. . .is our Faith . ..received by the Grace of God :love:

hmm im really sorry for you loosing your precious baby :love: God bless you and comfort you and fill your sadness with new love :love:

I hope I could help :love:

There will be more answers coming im sure . . .focus on God in this time of struggle and ask Him what He wants to teach you in this matter right now :love: God bless you Tracy :love:

What will be the fate of a baby who dies in a very early age.. before he is capable to make decisions or differentiate between right and wrong??
Will he be able to go to Heaven?? or will he burn in Hell fire bcuz He was born in sin and he didn't get the chance to be saved??
It seems pretty unfair.. While I strongly believe that God is All Just!!

Hopeful I believe that a baby or a person who is not able to understand or decide will be covered under the blood of Christ

I have problems with this also. My wife was born in England, that doesn't make her English. She's American, like me and her parents. America is where she is now. Where she chooses to be.
If my wife was born in sin, that doesn't make her a sinner. Although she now is a sinner, just like all of us. She and I and you, make the choice to turn from God. It's where we choose to be, until... the Holy Spirit convicts us, and we ask for forgivness and repent. I may be wrong, but my hope is that I am not.

Hopeful, I'd be interested in what your faith has to say on this, given the same scenario.

God bless,
Nigh

hopeful said:
I doubt if your answers are consistent with the early few posts which says that a child is born in sin.
And that no one will enter the kingdom of heaven untill he is born again and he is saved( or baptized)
Please, if you can support that with some verses from Bible. I am also hopeful to find that a baby must go to heaven but I need to know some verses supporting it.
Thank you !!
your brother

John 14:6

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Romans 10:9

9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Administrator
Staff Member
I've been seeing a lot of registrations where people post "at birth" in the "Accepted Jesus Christ" profile field (this is where you input the date you remember accepting Jesus Christ into your life).

I thought it was important to bump up this thread once again to discuss this important topic. Enjoy, and provide Scripture to back up anything you say.

In response to the re-kindling of this thread and to some of the earlier posts about babies I found this info by Pat Robertson. .

what is original sin?
Original sin is a theological term that goes back to the fall of man. Man was created in God's image, righteous and free. He was a free moral agent, freely able to choose God or turn away from Him. By eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, he did the one thing he was asked not to do.
Breaking God's one commandment to him was sin. At that point he was driven from the Garden of Eden and cut off from the tree of life.

From that moment on, the spirit of man was damaged. It is as if man is now born with a moral handicap. He is lame in the most important part of his being-his spirit.
That is original sin. The bible says "They go astray as soon as they are born speaking lies" Psalm:58:3 There is a rebellious nature in children. They just like to do whatever you tell them not to do. This natural rebellion stems from man's original sin. Instead of being morally free, man has a decided tendency toward sin--urged on toward evil by what is called "the world, the flesh and the devil."Romans7:24
Only those who come to Jesus can be rid of this tendency. That is the whole concept of being born again.Our spirits are re-created. Our spirits are now joined with God's spirit, and we have the ability to live a godly, holy life in Jesus Christ, and we have the ability to live a godly, holy life in Jesus Christ. On our own we simply cannot do it.The apostle Paul says "O wretched man that I am!"Who will deliver me from this body of death?" He says the thing I want to do, I cannot do. The good I would do, I cannot do, whereas evil lies close at hand. Romans7:15-20

Paul struggled against his fallen nature until he realized that "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit" Rom 8:1 He also said, "the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.Rom8:2 The renewal and change in Jesus Christ can free people from the bondage of original sin.

We should keep in mind that original sin is a tendency to do evil, not and act of evil. Guilt comes when we commit acts of evil. There is no such thing as "original guilt'God does not punish people for tendencies , only for what they do in light of what they know.
Therefore little babies do not go to hell because of original sin, because babies have never comitted any sinful acts.

What is the age of accountability?
This is a term that is not in the bible but that some religious groups use to refer to the time when a child becomes accountable to God for his actions. That time comes whenever he or she is old enough to understand the difference between right and wrong and good and evil.
It may be at a very early age. Some children who are four or five years old are old enough to know Jesus Christ and be saved, because they are old enough to know the difference beween right and wrong. We have to be careful with little children. We should not cause them to build up an unnatural sense of guilt and make them feel guilty for things that are not realy sin at all. If we teach them the major moral rules, that God Himself, has set forth, then they will learn properly and naturally.
Children do reach an age where they are old enough to be held responsible for what they do. When that time comes, they will be judged by the same standards as everyone else.

Pat Robertson - Answers to 200 of life's Most probing Questions

I pretty much agree with Pat. I know this is a simple look at this, but how can we be saved since birth, we are not old enough to acknowledge right from wrong, or able to think and speak or believe anything.

Acts16:30He then brought them out and asked "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They replied "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved-you and your household"

Rom9:That if you confess with your mouth that 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

:love: Calluna

Last edited:
I agree that people aren't saved since birth, but can a person be saved so early in childhood that he/she doesn't remember exactly when he/she believed and got saved?

Administrator
Staff Member
Salvation is a life long process, where we grow in Christ. Its not just the initial "I accept Jesus" (which is of course the utlimate requirement is to believe faithfully who He is). However, we all know that it goes beyond just word of mouth confession of Christ. We grow closer to the Lord if that is what we choose.

Is one saved if they confess with their mouth Jesus is the risen Son of GOD, then continue in their sinful life style?

Shall not the God of all the earth do right?I can,t remember where this is found but I believe that it implys that God will be the judge and His judgements will be perfect.
because of Calvary,
sinner

original sin and thinking of salvation as a process are catholic ideas. how can babies be born with sin? salvation is of faith, and not of works.. read Paul's letters.