• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Satan has been bothering me hard...

My husband and I went to stay with my family for a few days this weekend. I greatly enjoy being with them. My mother is the one who told me about Christ. Currently in my life she is my only friend and the only Christian person I have to talk to. She attends a wonderful small Assembly of God church. I felt, loved, accepted, at peace while there. We left last night as soon as we got home and I walked in the house I felt this instant fear, like there was something in my house. A dark spirit or something similar. I was so fearful. I kept praying but it wouldnt leave. I called my mom and she prayed with me. THEN I felt holy spirit right there with me. I felt like the Lord was telling me how REAL HE is, and how my whole life is for a reason. How HE IS coming back soon. I can hardly describe it, but I know it was the Lord.

Why does this happen? This is not the first time this has happened to me. I don't know whats going on in my life right now but its spiritual. Something is happening! Now again today I have so much anxiety. I feel scared that something bad is going to happen to me. I am so weak in faith. The more I want to get closer to Jesus the more the Devil bothers me.

My husband is not saved yet, do you think that has something to do with it? Feeling this way in my own home? Please pray for me brothers and sisters!

Well, maybe your husband has soemthing to do with it...
I'm not sure where I heard this story from, but an 6 year old had a demon that made her act all sexual, and it was from the father looking up portn. (Not saying ti's dyrastic like that), but well, I guess, why in the Bible does it say that a non Christian will probably make Xhristains fall? (I felt like that is a reveltion that I got just now.) Cuz non Christians have demons in them, cuz they don't know God can set them free.
I'm not trying to attack anyone, just let opinions flow.

Just keep looking to Jesus and grow in your relationship with Him. As you grow you will see and feel less fearful. Pray for your husband and allow Father to manifest His love through you.

Praying for you and you husband.

Satan is described as the anointed cherub who was perfect in his ways until iniquity was found in him
From the outset Satan deceived Eve and in OT times and has always been the adversary of God's people.
In Job Satan has access to God in the heavens and God allows him to sift us
He was the tempter of the Lord Jesus and now is the tempter and adversary of the saints.
He aims to neutralise the effects of the gospel
He goes about seeking who he may devour
We are told to resist him and he will flee.
Not even the archangel Michael will bring a railing against him
He is known as the 'prince of this world' and the 'god of this world' and the 'prince of the power of the air'
The power of death Satan has had over man was annulled by Christ in His death
We are warned against his devices for he is transformed into an angel of light.
God has provided His complete armour for us so that we can withstand him and all his wiles
Despite the malignity of Satan, God uses him in the discipline of us and only allows the evil one to go as far as He pleases.
Satan is a vanquished foe. l

Active
I unfortuntaly do not know you apart from being on here Armywife.But perhaps this may help. Fear is the most natural part of us.It also is the hardest area to which we all,want to part.Sometimes we hold onto fear,because we never feel loved.Many can say to us that we are loved,they can show scripture pointing this out.but still even though we know this to be true,we still hold onto fear. I can only speak for myself in this,after the War in Vienam,fear has more then one mask to it, I found out. it warns us of something we are unsure of,it frightens us,because the unknown can be fearful. With fear always comes confusion,this also we know is not of the Lord,but how can we win over this? If you think something in the house is bad,then think of what you may have purchased that may of come from darkness,a charm,a oujia board,tarot cards,if these things are in the house,then you will have a problem. because of eph 4:27 the enemy only needs a small oppertunity to cause fear and confusion in a home. If you do not have any of these things in your home,then perhaps you may consider why you are fearful? Could it be because one is so unhappy? I know for some time I was,and fear to me,was almost a friend,an excuse I made, because I was so unhappy with myself,and life in General. Jesus hates fear! His love will have no part in it,nor should we.Fear serves us only one purpose in life.To doubt When Jesus went to the garden to pray,he did not weep, because he was afraid to die on the cross for us,but we can be fearful when we find out we have to pick up our own cross and follow him.Self fears this.I sure did! Peace comes when love enters us,being Jesus,and loves enters and casts out fear,when we make it so.When we conquer this through our Precious Jesus.This is why I work so hard on love for myself,as well as for others,for with love fear dies,without love fear grows,and the longer it does grow,the harder it become to get rid of. Many can say, well I have reason to be fearful in my life,this is true!! We have have reason to be fearful,our goal is to have more of a reason not to be fearful,for in love there is no fear,only peace of both mind and body.( john 14:27) And with this peace Praise the Lord no more confusion either! I pray that I have helped you in some small way.We always can have a reason to doubt, both ourselves as well as others,love changes this, into having reasons, to have hope in ourselves as well as others,for this was what Jesus died for,and rose again,to defeat not only death,but fear of it,not just for ourselves,but for everyone! I can take no credit for my peace,nor for my love one for another,this came from Jesus in me,may you allow him to take away your fear as well! Blessing!

Similiar experience.

Within the first week of my conversion to Christianity.
No background in Christianity, no knowledge.

Lay down on my bed to go to sleep.

Felt a tremendous presence of evil. Scary stuff.

Felt this pressure on my chest, unable to move.

Bed started vibrating.

Called out to my brother, heavy sleeper did not respond.

I was terrifed, called out to Jesus.

Immediate cessation of demonic activity.

Went and saw my minister.

His explanation, "because my background was in Science, no understanding of a spiritual realm, God, devil, etc."
Jesus was showing me that the demonic forces exist.

No trouble after that understanding the spiritual realm that a Christian treads.

Never experienced anything like that again. Nor do I want to.

What you are feeling is real. There is activity in the spiritual realm.

Your response is to believe in Jesus Christ, commit to Jesus Christ.

Jesus controls the spiritual realm. You will be set free.

Trust Jesus.

There is a pattern in James 4:7 that's worth remembering when we fear the enemy is somehow getting the best of us: "Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

1) Submit to God.
2) Resist the devil
3) The devil will run away.

What's key here is submitting to God first. If there is no full submission there can be no effective resistance.

This means living a life that's fully and willingly turned over to Him.

In such a state we have the authority to resist the enemy -- we won't be ignorant of his devious schemes (2nd Corinthians 2:11). He fully intends to try to make the most of the opportunities we present to him and to swallow us up (1st Peter 5:8).

So, stick close to God each day and trust Him.

Sam

I unfortuntaly do not know you apart from being on here Armywife.But perhaps this may help. Fear is the most natural part of us.It also is the hardest area to which we all,want to part.Sometimes we hold onto fear,because we never feel loved.Many can say to us that we are loved,they can show scripture pointing this out.but still even though we know this to be true,we still hold onto fear.
This is exactly head on how I feel. How I have always felt for as far back as I can remember. I just continue to pray and ask the Lord to help me in this area. So I can better understand Him and my worthiness through HIM.
Brighthouse,Thank you and everyone else so much for all of your kind responses.

If there is some kind fo evil presence in the house, you should command it to leave in Jesus name. The name of Jesus belongs to you. Use it. If you take Communion in the house, any evil presence will leave. They hate when you proclaim the death of the Lamb. You have to be careful with fear though. The more fear you show the more they will try and bother you. I know what you are going thriough is not easy, but there is a time to pray and a time to speak to the situation. Jesus did a lot more speaking to the situation than praying. These supernatural attacks are real but know that they have to obey any command you issue in Jesus' name. So don't believe that you are helpless. They are trying to make you believe that you are.

I have had 3 VERY similar experiences to Davids, except that I couldn't speak. I called out to Jesus in my mind to make things stop.

Someone told me once that if you are are not a believer then demons really don't have any reason to bother you? Not sure if that is true or not, but if it is then your husband wouldn't be the reason for the situation.

I more so agree with the poster who said they are trying to make you feel helpless, and lose the faith that you do have.

I have moved into a Hindu? families house for a term. I can sometimes feel the darkness in teh room. For about 3 days (a week0 after I mvoed in, at night, the demons were REALLY bugging me! Yesterday I demanded in teh Name of Jesus fo any demon connected to the room, to leave, and yesterday was a very good night. :). I can also feel Jesus,Angles beside me when I go to other parts of the house at night.

Praying for you

"For God hath NOT given us the spirit of fear; BUT OF POWER, AND OF LOVE AND OF A SOUND MIND." 2 Timothy 1:7

First, which I'm sure you know but sometimes we need reassured, that God has NOT given you a spirit of fear. Fear is of satan. Point blank...

Since you are growing spiritually and God is drawing you closer to Him, satan does not like it! He is going to fight you. The one thing that is satan's biggest weapon against us is fear. That is a demonic spirit of fear that is attempting to torment you.

Here is the good part! God has given you POWER.... POWER..... POWER OVER THE ENEMY! He has given you power to tread upon satan. Satan and all the demons of hell belong UNDER your feet. You stand against him and rebuke him in the name of JESUS! He has NO power over you. He has NO business tormenting you. You are A CHILD OF GOD.... Satan is a LOSER!

Put on the armour of God and stand. God is faithful and will be a shield and buckler to you ( Psalm 18)

You pray and claim your husband... God will deal with His heart. Stand against that fear that is bothering you. Annoint your home and dedicate it to God that as Joshua 24:15 says that as for me and MY HOUSE WE WILL SERVE THE LORD!

God is wanting to take you to a closer walk with Him and satan doesnt like it. Give that stupid devil a black eye, and pray and draw close to God.

I have another verse to add

Ephesians 6:10-17

The Armor of God

<SUP id=en-NIV-29348 class=versenum>10</SUP> Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. <SUP id=en-NIV-29349 class=versenum>11</SUP> Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. <SUP id=en-NIV-29350 class=versenum>12</SUP> For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. <SUP id=en-NIV-29351 class=versenum>13</SUP> Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. <SUP id=en-NIV-29352 class=versenum>14</SUP> Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, <SUP id=en-NIV-29353 class=versenum>15</SUP> and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. <SUP id=en-NIV-29354 class=versenum>16</SUP> In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. <SUP id=en-NIV-29355 class=versenum>17</SUP> Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.