• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Running anyone?

Does anyone out there enjoy running? I am an avid runner. I espeacially like running longer distances. Also, I run for the cross country team at the university I attend.

I like running too, sonicXC. I ran track and cross country in high school, and I still like to run 25 years later. Running is something you can do all of your life. Of course, I do quite a bit of walking in between my running now, and my time for a 5K these days is...nothing but unspectacular, lol. But I still enjoy running loads. It feels good.

Keep it up!

hey!!
i'm glad i read this post!

i just wanned to say i spend half my time running, and i enjoy it a lot!

i started running 2 or 3 years ago, and i run the cross countries, the marathons... track( hope that's the way it should be spelt!)

i think i have a pretty high level in that activity, thank GOD!

if any one is reading this, please pray for me, because i've got a compatition on Saterday and i have to break the record of Lebanon for the 800m, this way i might get into the olymics and i am soo excited about it...

God bless everyone of you

Manal

I will remember you these next 2 days and be praying for you in your running competition Saturday. Good for you! Be blessed, and I'm sure you are a blessing.

i will pray for you.
and for the post: i dun really much like running to much buth sometimes i jog
usually not alone cuz its boring but thanks to God sometimes i run really fast or sometimes my endurance or stamina is very high.. so its make it much more fun (for some problem of Astma i have my endurance is low but i am kinda recover and gets stronger thank God).
but i Used to play baseball sometimes at junior high and i had to run sometimes so basicly i like it but not alone or not for any purpose.

Manal, I am so glad that you have this opportunity to run this race to break the Leabanon 800m record!

24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.

1 Corinthians 9:24-26

Trust in the Lord, and trust in the training you have done. And break that record! You will be in my thoughts and prayers over the next 2 days. You can do it. Let all the glory be Gods.

Jake

Last edited:
Dreamer, what were some of your times in highschool for xc (5k)? What did you run in track? That is so cool that you still run. I hope to still be running when I am older.

Jake

j4jh, running gives me a great feeling too when I go long distances. I know ehat you mean about being board when you run. I just look at it sometimes, as a time to pray or just reflect on my life. Where do you live? And what is it like to jog there?

Last edited:
joging here its quite dangerous. i live in gaza strip and rockets fall (2 days ago people got hurt badly and one woman died). but people try to live normaly as much as they can. there is not much places to see where i live and i reflect my thoughts and memories aswell at running but i find it hard and unmotivating to jog alone.. i prefer with a freind or someone i know to join me.

Sonic, thank you for asking! :embarasse You know, the other day I was trying to remember some of my times for cross country races....the bad thing is that I'm so old that I can't remember my times, lol, but they were published in our local newpaper each race, even if it was an away race.

In track, I ran the 880 and also participated in the relays with passing the batons. I'm short, and although I loved doing the hurdles, the coach said no, lol. Well, actually, he said I'd be more "effective" some where else

I love running, because when I get to a certain point....a certain distance....my mind seems to shut off....I become creative and worshipful and quite happy. I guess that's called a runners high. It's perfectly free and legal, too.

I continued running after high school, usually in 10 Ks. I placed in a lot of them, but never won a trophy, just medals for placing in my age group.

10k's seem too long for me now; I'm not in as good shape as I was....5k's are more my speed and it's still so much fun!

Don't forget....everyone who views this....Manal Tayar is 15 and turns 16 very soon! Her last race before she turns 16 is in two weeks. After that she will not qualify for same age group....so pray for her as she prepares for this race. I don't understand the system, of course, but I do understand that doing well in this next race in her age group could qualify her for the Olympics. Awesome! Take a look at this young lady's profile. In it you will see a young girl on fire for God and ready to run for Him. Run, Manal, run!
Win for Jesus. We're behind you.

Eve

Hi,

Good luck with the running at what ever level you are, I think you are all great.

I've been thinking about doing more running myself, I work in a sports shop so I don't have much of excuse for not getting my kit together and getting out there!!! I'm not very fast though, went running with Angelwave the other week, I think I put her off a bit though (as she was laughing so much:shade: )!!!

God Bless

Eve:love:

Hooray! i enjoy runnning also.
especially those early morning runs in the summer, when you finish, you just feel so great. Its such an awesome way to start off your day.

i run cross country for my highschool, which i especially enjoy. I also run winter and spring track, in which i run the 800m, 1000m, sometimes the mile, and the 4x4000 relay. Infact I have a meet tomorrow!!
wish me luck =]

and also, good luck to you all in your running careers, especially you manal, although im pretty sure i talked to you about this already

peace and love, God Bless!

hey, thank you everyone for your encouragments...
You are all so nice to hang arround! and EuphoricForest, i'm praying for you!!
so good luck!!

aha thank you! although i didnt do so well, its alright, your prayer was very much appreciated :shade:

God Bless

So, what was your time? it's an 800m race right?

and by the way...i love the relays, it's my favourite race(the 4x400m) i get so excited, cuz we usually are a really good team which makes the competition fun!

Last edited: