• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

rip the covers off this website and what do you get

a bunch of moderators using the forums to preach at people.

over and over again.

Just saying it.

PS. And before you even bother to ask me why I have a problem with that - it's false advertising. It's exploitation of a christian site that is meant to be for the people using it. The job of a moderator is to moderate, not pretend to offer a place for christians to come to discuss issues and talk with each other, and use them as a captive audience.
If people in authority on this site want to preach, then it should be kept in sub-forums so that people can avoid it if they choose. If this site is a christian discussion forum, then that's what it should be. If it's a place for certain mods to get a live audience, then the site should be totally honest about it.
You're manipulating this site for your own agendas to satisfy your own egos.

over and over again.

Just saying it.

PS. And before you even bother to ask me why I have a problem with that - it's false advertising. It's exploitation of a christian site that is meant to be for the people using it. The job of a moderator is to moderate, not pretend to offer a place for christians to come to discuss issues and talk with each other, and use them as a captive audience.
If people in authority on this site want to preach, then it should be kept in sub-forums so that people can avoid it if they choose. If this site is a christian discussion forum, then that's what it should be. If it's a place for certain mods to get a live audience, then the site should be totally honest about it.

Hi Sharon

Just saying it.

Seems to me that you have never met Jesus. You have had a good dose of mans religeon and appears have taken in a lot of stuff, but your approach suggest's that you have not yet met Him.

To meet Jesus is absolutely vital, utterly paramount. Christianity is so different. Jesus is alive. Read the book and endeavour to meet Him at all cost.

Dear Sharen

You can have some very interesting discussions here.

There are some diverse opinions on different subjects.

Try posting a topic your interested in.

Moderators only correct when necessary.

Don't take it to hard.

Baa.

What have you encountered here @TJ that has given you this impression?

Your a new member and I read through some of your recent posts and didn't see any conflict there. Is it possible that your basing this on someone else's experience here? If you do have some instances you would like to discuss please by all means report the posts and we can review them and go from there and if you don't than I don't think there's anything to discuss.
FYI, if you are unhappy with the way things are ran here @ TJ the internet is full of other forums christian and otherwise, with a little search you should be able to find one that suits you.

Administrator
Staff Member

You are obviously the one with the ego problem here complaining that moderators are preaching. They are called to preach just like the rest of us. What right do you have to tell a moderator not to preach the Word?

Your complaint is so ridiculous. You cannot possibly be a true Christian.

Mark 16:19-20
19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

Matthew 28:19
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Go find another site and complain there that they are "Christians" while you're at it. We will continue to serve the Lord here while you're out preaching against preaching.

Active

over and over again.

Just saying it.

Trust me I was not going to ask you about your problem. But I must say you contradict yourself alot. Everything you said the site should be is, and there's no electric shock on anyone's keyboard if they don't click on a post a moderator created.

I Know what you're trying to say but your case falls apart a bit to easily. If it was only about the mods and their post, this thread you created here would not exist. The option for you to create a thread or respond to a thread would be disabled. You have that freedom and you exercised it.

People join forums for 2 reasons.

1. For the fellowship and bible study, not caring to be a star poster.

2. To have the most threads, most replies, most backlinks,big contact list, blog followers, 5 star ratings on every thread, the guru everyone runs to and the know it all.

You need to examine your reasons and motives for joining, if it's number 1, I look forward to having fellowship with you and sharing scripture. If it's reason 2, your pride and need for self worship is not going to be fed, and you're not going to enjoy what this site have to offer.

So keep ripping off the covers on this site, I do pray and hope you'll stumble upon a thread that would be a blessing to you and remove the blindfolds.

Last edited:

over and over again.

Just saying it

Oh Sharen,

What made you come to such a harsh and untruthful conclusion about TalkJesus Forum? Why in the world would you post the above? I did a doubletake and actually had to re-read your post to recognise the fact that you were actually talking about this forum.

You are so wrong about this forum and the moderators here and you've done Chad an injustice by thinking such thoughts and putting them to words. I don't know what else to say except that I didn't know such a wonderful forum for christians existed until God found this forum for me.

I am grateful to God and I feel blessed to have found TalkJesus and to be a member here. Perhaps one day, you'll feel the same way that the many members here do, grateful to God and thankful for all that Chad and the staff here has done and do daily to encourage and help and edify Jesus and those who love Him with a passion.

ppm

Hello Sharon

I'm sorry you feel that way about TJ.

I am a new member and I have in no way found this site or anyone on it to preach.

I have been made most welcome, and have found this site very useful, the articals, forums etc have helped me a lot.

I have been on the 'chat' site and have made some friends , who have given advice and encouragment, and am most grateful.

I do so hope you are able to find another site that is of a better use to you,,,,I for one am happy here.

God Bless
ppm

Loyal
Disappointing to see that two moderators' first response is to suggest that sharon is not a Christian.

But this kind of conversation would be better taking place via private messages or by reporting individual posts, not on the top thread of the site.

By and large, I think the moderators of this site moderate pretty well.