• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Resurrection hope, and the things that differ

Loyal
'Behold, I shew you a mystery;
.. We shall not all sleep,
.... but we shall all be changed,
...... In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye,
........ at the last trump:
for the trumpet shall sound,
.. and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,
.... and we shall be changed.
...... For this corruptible must put on incorruption,
........ and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption,
.. and this mortal shall have put on immortality,
.... then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written,
...... Death is swallowed up in victory.
........ O death, where is thy sting?
.......... O grave, where is thy victory?
The sting of death is sin;
.. and the strength of sin is the law.
.... But thanks be to God,
...... which giveth us the victory
........ through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved brethren,
.. be ye steadfast,
.... unmoveable,
...... always abounding in the work of the Lord,
........ forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain
.......... in the Lord.'
(1Cor 15:51-58)

Hello there,

Looking at this passage of Scripture, Paul is speaking as one who is alive and waiting for the return of His Lord, as all believers were at that time. He says that they shall not all 'sleep' (or have died), some will be still alive and remaining: but whether they 'slept' (in death) or 'remain alive' at His coming, they shall all be changed. The dead shall be raised (incorruptible), and those alive and remaining will put on immortality (they will not have to experience death). It is then that Death is swallowed up by victory!! Praise God!

* When Israel, as a nation, rejected the preaching of John the Baptist, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and that of the Twelve Apostles and the others, divinely appointed, who preached during the forty years of opportunity narrated in the book of Acts. The hope expressed above in 1 Corinthians 15 is in abeyance, along with the new covenant and it's blessings, and not until the nation of Israel comes to repentance at the end of this present age, will Israel's prophetic time clock begin to tick again, and the events prophesied concerning their future role in God's purposes take place.

* The Hope presented at the end of the Acts Period, by means of the preaching of the Apostle Paul, following Divine revelation, does not have the resurrection hope of 1 Corinthians 15 as it's expectation, but that of Colossians 3:1-4:-

' If ye then be risen with Christ,
seek those things which are above,
where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.'
(Col 3:1-4)

* We are so identified with Christ, in His death, burial, resurrection and ascension, that we are reckoned by God to be seated with Him at God's right hand now, awaiting His appearing; when we also shall appear with Him in glory. This is quite a different hope in view to that of 1 Corinthians 15, isn't it? This is the hope held by those who are members of the Body of Christ. A different calling to that held by those awaiting his return in 1 Corinthians 15, who will yet be raised in the manner so described there.

* The hope of the church which is the Body of Christ as described in Ephesians, Philippians and Colossians particularly, and also in 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon, which were all written by Paul following the revelation of God regarding the believing community remaining after the departure of Israel into the darkness of unbelief, written while imprisoned in Rome, is distinctly different from that revealed during the earlier ministry of Paul, contained in the epistles written during that period, namely 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, 1& 2 Thessalonians, Romans and Hebrews. Although the Epistle to the Romans is foundational for all. Especially the central portion of 5:12-8:39.

* I lay this before you, not expecting agreement from the majority, but in the hope that it will cause some to at least try the things that differ, and consider what they imply.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
I thought I would piggy back here.

Thinking about a doing a “Narrative”, but don’t now when, I keep extinguishing the fire. That it will not burn bright.

But it is right, like at my door. Plain “Short Story”. Maybe fiction. I do not know. “I’m Coming He is Approaching The Sound, He’s Coming, The Christ is Coming””

It seem like I can hear The Thunder Hoofs. A long way out. And I can see The Path He Is Taking.

And I would just like to tell the Story, The Approaching sound.
Some people do not understand a type of fiction.

In Christian literature it can be different but “Spiritually” encourage to add “Fire” to the flames to encourage others with a “Anticipation”

Sometimes still and through the years I get so discouraged but, “GOD” within moments he have someone else in a completely different sitting that has nothing to do with what would be receiving, thoughts dreams meditations Homiletically Biblical arrange in me. And I cannot but Go on, I cannot deny it.

I cannot tell it all. I will not tell it all.

I do not know why I am saying this to you, but I feel like I’m going to burst out like A Race Horse in few days!

Mind you only a “Narrative”. “Short Story”

Not a “Narrative Prose”.

Then maybe I won’t..

I been putting water on this Fire, it is no “Flame” a got a “Fire” brewing.

And I am scared to look in that Direction!

My Soul gets on “Fire” The “Spirit of GOD”. A lot of people have no idea, but they think they known about That “Pneumatic”. Power!
:eyes:

You going to move!

Honestly I am tired.
I am getting old, but “The Parakletos” is getting younger everyday!:joy:

And he don’t sleep.

I feel like laying down and going to sleep, he feel like running! :joy:

Last edited:
Loyal
That is why I keep telling y’all something ain’t right.

I been saying this to people for 4 years now. Just before the “Pandemic”.

The whole picture is not right. More people are noticing something is not right

Loyal
I thought I would piggy back here.

Thinking about a doing a “Narrative”, but don’t now when, I keep extinguishing the fire. That it will not burn bright.

But it is right, like at my door. Plain “Short Story”. Maybe fiction. I do not know. “I’m Coming He is Approaching The Sound, He’s Coming, The Christ is Coming””

It seem like I can hear The Thunder Hoofs. A long way out. And I can see The Path He Is Taking.

And I would just like to tell the Story, The Approaching sound.
Some people do not understand a type of fiction.

In Christian literature it can be different but “Spiritually” encourage to add “Fire” to the flames to encourage others with a “Anticipation”

Sometimes still and through the years I get so discouraged but, “GOD” within moments he have someone else in a completely different sitting that has nothing to do with what would be receiving, thoughts dreams meditations Homiletically Biblical arrange in me. And I cannot but Go on, I cannot deny it.

I cannot tell it all. I will not tell it all.

I do not know why I am saying this to you, but I feel like I’m going to burst out like A Race Horse in few days!

Mind you only a “Narrative”. “Short Story”

Not a “Narrative Prose”.

Then maybe I won’t..

I been putting water on this Fire, it is no “Flame” a got a “Fire” brewing.

And I am scared to look in that Direction!

My Soul gets on “Fire” The “Spirit of GOD”. A lot of people have no idea, but they think they known about That “Pneumatic”. Power!
:eyes:

You going to move!

Honestly I am tired.
I am getting old, but “The Parakletos” is getting younger everyday!:joy:

And he don’t sleep.

I feel like laying down and going to sleep, he feel like running! :joy:
Thank you, @PloughBoy,

For, 'Piggy-backing' here. :) For it is good to know that someone has read the OP.

I understand your feeling that you will explode if you do not express what is on your heart. King David expresses that same feeling in his writing doesn't he?

'I was dumb with silence, I held my peace,
even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.
My heart was hot within me,
while I was musing the fire burned:
then spake I with my tongue,
LORD, make me to know mine end,
and the measure of my days, what it is;
that I may know how frail I am.'
(Psalm 39:2-4)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
That is why I keep telling y’all something ain’t right.

I been saying this to people for 4 years now. Just before the “Pandemic”.

The whole picture is not right. More people are noticing something is not right
Hello @PloughBoy,

No, things are far from 'right' at this time. It is being made visible in the natural world. The groan of creation is growing louder.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
Hello @PloughBoy,

* Pauls last recorded words, written to Timothy:-

'I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ,
.. Who shall judge the quick and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom;
.... Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season;
...... reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
........ For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;
.......... but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
............ And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions,
.. do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
.... For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
...... I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
........ Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,
.......... which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day:
............ and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.'
(2Tim 4:1-8)

:love:

Loyal
'Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not Thyself from my supplication.
Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise;
Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked:
for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me.
My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me.
Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me.
And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.
Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness
. (Selah).
I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.'
(Psa 55:1-8)

:)

Loyal
'If ye then be risen with Christ,
.. seek those things which are above,
.... where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
...... Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
.. When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear,
.... then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.
Mortify (reckon as dead) therefore your members which are upon the earth;
.. fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection,
.... evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
...... For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
........ In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
But now ye also put off all these;
.. anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
.... Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
...... And have put on the new man (by faith),
........ which is renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created him:
.......... Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision,
............ Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free:
.............. but Christ is all, and in all.
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved,
.. bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
.... Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another,
...... if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
........ And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
.......... And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body;
............ and be ye thankful.
.............. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;
................ teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
.................. singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
................... And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
...................... giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.'
(Colossians 3:1-17)

Praise God!

:love:

Active
If a man dies will he live again? (Job 14:14)

Folks like Job are attuned to nature. He was a very successful rancher; a guy who
made his living working outdoors.

Every year Job watched things die in the Fall and come back in the Spring. If only
human life were like that; but alas, when people die they typically don't regenerate
like the new leaves on a dormant maple tree and/or new sprouts of green grass
from the roots.

Rom 8:20-25 . . For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but
because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be
delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of
God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs
together until now.

. . . Not only that, but we also who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we
ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption-- the redemption
of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for
why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see,
we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

The "hope" spoken of in that passage is translated from the Greek word elpis (el
pece') which is very different than crossing one's fingers and praying for the best.
It's a know-so kind of hope that-- in this case --confidently anticipates obtaining a
fresh, brand new body. Folks lacking elpis hope really don't know for sure what to
expect down the road.
_