• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Restoring Faith through Scripture

Hello all,

I am a new member, as well as a newly born again Christian. There are times through my journey of life that I feel empty, that the Holy Spirit has abandoned me. I know I am not perfect, and will never live up to God's Standard, but it hurts when there's a gap missing some days. My questions to my fellow brother and sisters is can anyone recommend some scripture that would uplift me when I feel this faithlessness?
Thank you all.
God Bless everyone

Hi Craig, you are learning and God will help you to grow. Trust in God's righteousness to see you through and He will show you mighty things.

Blessing, Trish

Hello all,

I am a new member, as well as a newly born again Christian. There are times through my journey of life that I feel empty, that the Holy Spirit has abandoned me. I know I am not perfect, and will never live up to God's Standard, but it hurts when there's a gap missing some days. My questions to my fellow brother and sisters is can anyone recommend some scripture that would uplift me when I feel this faithlessness?
Thank you all.
God Bless everyone

My friend, only Christ can live up to God's standard. Feelings are part of the way God made us but they are not our compass. Press into to God regardless of your feelings and those feelings will change.
What we see, feel, know, sense or derive in any way is nothing compared to the reality of His Word.
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Conviction can be of God and has a just purpose; to free us from that which binds us and hinders our ability to receive from and commune with the Father. Guilt is not of God and can be from either the flesh or the enemy of your soul. Either way it is a deception specifically designed to keep you from the One who can set you free.
2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

You feel unrighteous and yet He has given you the very righteousness of His Son. It is only on that basis that you will ever be able to approach as our own righteousness is but a filthy rag and yet He loves you and calls you son.
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Anything that separates us from our (perceived) ability to draw near to God should be cast down along with all the other vain imaginations for He has said that the Way was made in His Son Jesus Christ.
Psa 62:5 KJV My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
Let us dare to believe God rather than a passing feeling. Let us draw near with a heart of full assurance knowing that every necessary legal action has been taken to remove all barriers between you and God Himself. Let us lean on His mercy and walk in His strenght. Let our expectations be of close fellowship and blessing in spite of any outward circumstance.
Let us understand that it is both His will and His pleasure to give us the Kingdom:
Luk 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
He is always waiting on the roadside with ring and robe in hand awaiting His prodigal son's return home.
Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

My brother, there is no force nor any creature that can separate us from the love and fellowship of our God except our own selves when we are in sin, disobedience and unbelief and yet the second our sins are repented and confessed He chooses to forgive them and forget them.When He see you He see Jesus in you.
Press in through worship.
Press in through prayer (taking and fellowshiping with him continually).
Press in through studying His Word asking the Holy Spirit to give you revelation and having your way of thinking changed to believe God's truth (renewing your mind).
You are in my prayers,
many blessings in His Name,
your brother Larry.

Well...I will try to help you with a verse or two...looking to God's word and away from our feelings is a wise thing to do...His word is sure and our feelings and unrenewed minds are not too reliable.

"Most assuredly, I (Jesus, the Son of God Who is the Truth) say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasing life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life. Jn 5:24

parenthesis are mine

Our sins were judged at the cross of Christ...it is finished.

This is the will of the Father for you:

"This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nonthing, but should raise it up on the last day.

"And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes on Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."

God's will is the will that runs this universes...we who are in Christ are safe in Him...not because of anything we have done...but because of everything he has done for us. Jesus is our Righteousness.

and found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; Phil 3:9

We can grieve the Holy Spirit, but I do not believe he leaves us...we may lose the sense of His presence...but to be regenerated means we are born again of the Spirit...we cannot see the Kingdom of God unless we are born again...Jn 3:3; Eph 1:13-14

If you are grieving over your own sin...that is a blessing let God work in you and realize this is quite a long journey...many are on the same path with you.