• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Requesting Prayer for Freedom From Addiction

Our family is going through a very tough time right now with a close relative who is on the brink of destruction because of her addiction to alcohol. Tomorrow she has a hearing where she easily could lose both her children and end up in jail by the end of the day.

Furthermore, although my wife and I have 4 children of our own, we could very easily by tomorrow night end up being asked to care for her children. This is something we have to pray very hard on, as they could easily end up in foster care if we don't take them on. There are few other options for them.

I know that faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains, and I know that the lord never gives us a job without giving us the tools to do it. I know we need to trust in him in this situation.

I thank the community for praying for us.

QC

I see the faith in you and God will honor that faith.
prayed for the situation and lift your relative her kids and your family up to the Lord

"Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other...
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
What can stand against?"

glory to the King.
His peace be with you, amen

in Christ

About that relative, sometimes you have to really hit bottom before you start to look up. I will be praying for all involved.

Thanks

Thank you all for your prayers. I'm pleased to report that the relative in question has now entered a treatment program. Unfortunately, I don't think this is bottom for her. She's still showing signs of "going through the motions" IMHO. Christ nudged her to the first step using many people around her. I now pray for the follow up. I am working right now to get her in contact with some people I know who are involved in AA and who have been through this themselves. It's my hope that will help, but I know Jesus is really the only cure for anything. All good gifts come from him.

Amen

Active
Perhaps this will encourge her. My younger brother had the same problem, before I helped him,his judge wanted him to go to aa meeting,I have found more often then not,that they hurt rather then help. ( Mark 4:24) by the time you hear all the sad stories, he wanted a drink more! Like you, I presented Rev 3;20 to him,you know,get him to the door,so he could hear the knock,then told him this!! Brother hear is truth,how long are you going to play games in you head,about the real problem you have? First some facts,1. NO WAY!! you alone can do it!2.You need to reprogram you mind,match your will, with our Father Will.Rom 12:1-2 I said,I can do nothing to help you,until you really want help,reminding him of another truth,we will ALWAYS!! do what we really want to do! ALWAYS! matters not what others think or say,so when you really want to be helped,you will be! 2 weeks later he gave his life to Jesus,and I trained him on blocking out the desire,with the Word in its place.You see thoughts come to us all the time,that is not the sin!! The sin is to entertain the thought,which then leads to sin,so instead of entertaining the thought,he puts in his mind,he says who he is in the Lord,rather then who he is in the flesh!(rom 8:37) rom 4:17 we call into excitence those things which are not,OR!!! ARE in Christ to us!! He began to think on 1 Cor 1:30, 1 Cor 2:16 we have the mind of Christ,slow and steady wins the race,after 30 days of hard traaining with me,he was ready!! He has been clean and sober now for 6 Years! Jesus gave us will,he gave us a mind to!! But neither do any good unless we decide!! to use them! The battle is always in the spirit!! our flesh vs our Spirit of God in us. Gal 5:17 Whether we yield to Jesus,is up to us,we have the freedom, to stop,or continue.We can have a brand new car in our driveway,but if the car does not run,it has no value!! Our value is in God's Word,if!! and ONLY IF!!! we decide to use it!! I choose to use God's Word in my own life! I am FAR!! from a perfect man in Christ! But I do know his Word!! and Bless God I do know how to use it!! the end result!! John 8:31-32 IF!!! YOU!!! abide in my Word!! THEN!!! You will know the truth!! AND!! not only that!! The truth will set you free!! amen!! Hope this encourges you today!! No matter the problem through OUR JESUS!! WE line up our will with his!! We then become Free in Christ!! ALWAYS!! amen!

Praying for this situation. Lord Jesus I ask to to bless and care for these dear folks...and bring them through....to peace and joy.

I'm so glad she entered treatment. I too was and still am an addict. I also used to work at a treatment center. I learned volumes about people and the nature of addiction. I pray for you and your family fervently. This is a horrible thing to go through. I went through giving up the drugs and alchohol without a friend in the world , all alone. Treatmen is the best place for her , so she can be with people who are trying to do the same thing. She will need a lot of love and support. If this is her first time , she may relapse later. Not to worry , relapse seems to be a part of recovery. It takes time. GOD can and will bring her through it. BLESS YOU ALL