• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Remembering God’s Amazing Work

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
And I said, "This [is] my anguish; [But I will remember] the years of the right hand of the Most High." I will remember the works of the LORD; Surely I will remember Your wonders of old. Psalm 77:10-11 NKJV

During a particularly difficult time, have you ever found solace in thinking back on better times? If so, then you can probably identify with what Asaph was going through when he wrote Psalm 77.

In the first nine verses, Asaph writes about his responses to “the day of my trouble” (NKJV). He can’t find comfort anywhere and becomes so miserable that he can’t eat or sleep. He wonders if he will ever again see God’s favor. He cries out, and God gives him a reprieve from his sorrows when he remembers the days when the Lord very clearly was at work in the lives of His people.

People often warn against the dangers of “living in the past,” but today’s scripture passage shows you that you can find assurance and encouragement during difficult times—by remembering the times when you knew and could feel God at work in your life.

Prayer: Mighty God, thank You for giving me examples of Your amazing deeds—both in the lives of those I read about in Your Word and in my own life and the lives of those close to me. Remind me of these things, especially when I’m enduring difficulties and pain.

Staff Member
Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Hebrews 7:25

Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon His name.
Malachi 3:16