• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Ready to meet God?

Active
Ready to meet God?

How will it go? Will He be happy to see us? Will we be happy to see Him or will we be ashamed?

There are righteous that are barely saved 1 Pet 4:18. So, this is a valid issue for us all to consider.

Based on Matt 22:40, that there are two fronts / two bases we need to cover. 1. Our love for God and 2 our love for others.

1. I feel our love for God is evidence by our hatred of what is evil. Our drive to repent and deal with sin. To consider His heart behind OT law. All instructions in the Bible. It is also evidenced by our eagerness to spend time in His presence at say church. Or in prayer behind closed doors. Or fasting on the quiet.

Are we ready to give account on this? Will we know God when we see Him? God will love and welcome us all into His arms. The shame and knowledge of our ''lack / shortfall'' is going to be on our end. We will know that we just did not do enough. Or something like that. It will eat at us. There is literally nothing God can do for us on that. We are responsible for our own actions. Hence the uttermost importance of daily judging ourselves, repenting and exhorting ourselves to do better the next day.

2. Well I guess this doesn't require a long explanation. It is simply to judge ourselves on the whether or not we put others before ourselves.

Are other people in heaven going to be waiting to see us? Or are they going to be busy with something else? We assume they will all be eager to see us, that is a bad assumption. Every human and every angel in heaven has free will. We can only safely assume with God. Because, only God is a perfect rock that does not change. He died for us. We can know He loves us and is waiting with joy for all who make it to heaven. Such a wonderful God we serve!!!!

This is such a scary thought to think about. Scary as if we mess up / do not go out with a bang, we don't get to retry. Earth / life in the flesh is gone. Over with. We now live with what we did, didn't do. Scary!! if we not prepared. We need to prepare / be ready to speak to God face to face right now.

Just sharing what God has laid on my heart. I can't stop thinking about this. I do believe God and all in heaven are watching us, right now.

God IS going to greet us with overwhelming love and joy. Are we going to reciprocate? Are we going to feel like we could have done more for Him? Are we ready for God's perfect love to hit us with it's full force? Because that is what is coming when we meet Him. God is love. God is perfect. God is good.

We will bow the knee when we meet Him. Because we will in that instant grasp how good He is. Are we ready for this?

Last edited:
Staff Member
Dear Brother @KingJ
Considering that I see nothing worthy in myself that is not from God. Pleasing in me and something that I have done or not done is not the focus for when I meet Him and I pray for Him as well! That He might see His Blessed Son Jesus in me is my hope and desire. I'd have to say that what all of us would desire is to hear "Welcome Good and Faithful Servant".
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Lyrics to a Song which when I first heard it. Moved me to imagine what it would be like.

"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine, when that day comes, when I find myself standing in the Son!
I can only imagine, when all I will do, is forever, forever worship You!

I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!

I can only imagine! Yeah! I can only imagine!! Only imagine!!!
I can only imagine.

I can only imagine, when all I do is forever, forever worship You!
I can only imagine."

Copyright: ©1999 MercyMe

Loyal
Considering that I see nothing worthy in myself that is not from God. Pleasing in me and something that I have done or not done is not the focus for when I meet Him and I pray for Him as well! That He might see His Blessed Son Jesus in me is my hope and desire. I'd have to say that what all of us would desire is to hear "Welcome Good and Faithful Servant".

It's amazing how often this comes up. But I wonder if "nothing" good comes from us. Why are some saved, and others not saved?
If nothing good is in the unsaved... OK. If nothing good is in the saved... then what makes us different? better? Does God just "pick" us, and not the others?
I know this quickly gets into predestination, and predeterminism, and all that... but without arguing all those things again.... (for the 1,000th time)
Why are some saved, and others not saved?

The other comment I would make here... is that in the parable of the talents... from which you quote above "well done, good and faithful servant".
The "good and faithful" servants are the the ones who did do something. The "wicked and lazy" servant is the one who didn't do anything.

Also... when we use the phrase someone "might see Jesus in me". How do you mean that? Now God is omnipotent and all knowing, yes.
He knows your heart and the rest of the world doesn't, OK I get that. But does it really mean what people "do" see in you.

For example... John (apologies to anyone named John) is stingy, selfish, and a known liar. He doesn't pray or go to church or read the Bible.
But... he believes in Jesus. When people look at him... do they "see" Jesus in him?

On the other hand... Tom (congratulations if your name is Tom!) is giving, thoughtful, compassionate, goes out of his way to help others,and show love
to others. He often prays for people, visits the sick, and helps out at the orphanage. When people look at him... do they "see" Jesus in him?

... as a side note... I do like mercyme a lot. I have some of their CDs.
But some of their songs (not "I can only imagine") are decidedly Calvinistic.

Last edited:
Loyal
[QUOTE="KingJ, post: 306199, member: 30204"

We will bow the knee when we meet Him. Because we will in that instant grasp how good He is. Are we ready for this?
[/QUOTE]

I think it will be more like a face planted in the ground to kiss the most Holy feet .

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
I think it will be more like a face planted in the ground to kiss the most Holy feet .

Rev 1:17; When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last,

Staff Member
An old hymn comes to heart and mind....I hope I havent distracted from your thread too much @KingJ

Face to face with Christ, my Saviour,
Face to face—what will it be,
When with rapture I behold Him,
Jesus Christ who died for me?

Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory,
I shall see Him by and by!

Only faintly now, I see Him,
With the darkling veil between,
But a blessed day is coming,
When His glory shall be seen.

What rejoicing in His presence,
When are banished grief and pain;
When the crooked ways are straightened,
And the dark things shall be plain.

Face to face! O blissful moment!
Face to face—to see and know;
Face to face with my Redeemer,
Jesus Christ who loves me so.

Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory,
I shall see Him by and by!

*Mrs Frank A Breck - 19th century hymn

Ready to meet God?

How will it go? Will He be happy to see us? Will we be happy to see Him or will we be ashamed?

There are righteous that are barely saved 1 Pet 4:18. So, this is a valid issue for us all to consider.

Based on Matt 22:40, that there are two fronts / two bases we need to cover. 1. Our love for God and 2 our love for others.

1. I feel our love for God is evidence by our hatred of what is evil. Our drive to repent and deal with sin. To consider His heart behind OT law. All instructions in the Bible. It is also evidenced by our eagerness to spend time in His presence at say church. Or in prayer behind closed doors. Or fasting on the quiet.

Are we ready to give account on this? Will we know God when we see Him? God will love and welcome us all into His arms. The shame and knowledge of our ''lack / shortfall'' is going to be on our end. We will know that we just did not do enough. Or something like that. It will eat at us. There is literally nothing God can do for us on that. We are responsible for our own actions. Hence the uttermost importance of daily judging ourselves, repenting and exhorting ourselves to do better the next day.

2. Well I guess this doesn't require a long explanation. It is simply to judge ourselves on the whether or not we put others before ourselves.

Are other people in heaven going to be waiting to see us? Or are they going to be busy with something else? We assume they will all be eager to see us, that is a bad assumption. Every human and every angel in heaven has free will. We can only safely assume with God. Because, only God is a perfect rock that does not change. He died for us. We can know He loves us and is waiting with joy for all who make it to heaven. Such a wonderful God we serve!!!!

This is such a scary thought to think about. Scary as if we mess up / do not go out with a bang, we don't get to retry. Earth / life in the flesh is gone. Over with. We now live with what we did, didn't do. Scary!! if we not prepared. We need to prepare / be ready to speak to God face to face right now.

Just sharing what God has laid on my heart. I can't stop thinking about this. I do believe God and all in heaven are watching us, right now.

God IS going to greet us with overwhelming love and joy. Are we going to reciprocate? Are we going to feel like we could have done more for Him? Are we ready for God's perfect love to hit us with it's full force? Because that is what is coming when we meet Him. God is love. God is perfect. God is good.

What are you really saying, are we ready for an eternity of love?

Active
I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Will I sing 'Hallelujah! '? Will I be able to speak at all?

1 Corinthians 13: 11-12
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also am known.

Loyal
I do believe God and all in heaven are watching us, right now.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Even when we are alone, we are never alone. God's intent is that now the manifold wisdom of God is being made known unto principalities and powers in heavenly places by the Church. :)

Loyal
It's amazing how often this comes up. But I wonder if "nothing" good comes from us. Why are some saved, and others not saved?
If nothing good is in the unsaved... OK. If nothing good is in the saved... then what makes us different? better? Does God just "pick" us, and not the others?
Consider what made King David different [better?] than King Saul. It was not the "good" deeds versus the "bad" deeds as man understands them. It was the heart on which God looked and based His judgment. There is a list of things in scripture that Saul did wrong, but were they, as man understands them, as bad as adultery and murder? I would think not. But... that is man's own carnal vision. God looks to the intent and direction of a man's heart.

When Saul messed and it was brought to his attention, he wanted to justify himself and/or to blame someone else [for example the people]. He remained selfish and really unrepentant. David on the other hand knew that his actions were worthy of death and was willing to pay the price, but because of his heart [his attitude] God did not require of him what we would call the letter of the law punishment... that letter was death [an eye for an eye].

"And David's anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the LORD liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:
And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.
And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;
And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.
And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die." II Sam 12:5-13

The right attitude [heart] comes according to the spirit or Spirit that we follow.

"Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
"But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him." I Sam 16:13-14

Even under that old covenant God was looking at men's hearts rather than at their deeds.

God has not changed.

Also... when we use the phrase someone "might see Jesus in me". How do you mean that? Now God is omnipotent and all knowing, yes.
He knows your heart and the rest of the world doesn't, OK I get that. But does it really mean what people "do" see in you.

For example... John (apologies to anyone named John) is stingy, selfish, and a known liar. He doesn't pray or go to church or read the Bible.
But... he believes in Jesus. When people look at him... do they "see" Jesus in him?

On the other hand... Tom (congratulations if your name is Tom!) is giving, thoughtful, compassionate, goes out of his way to help others,and show love
to others. He often prays for people, visits the sick, and helps out at the orphanage. When people look at him... do they "see" Jesus in him?
But we must remember also that people did not always see the Jesus in Jesus, because they were blinded by what? Perhaps by their own spirit [attitude] as opposed to those who had been given by God "eyes to see".

So then are we ready to meet God? The answer is NOT dependent upon what everyone else sees in us, but rather what God sees in us. Some people may have God given sight, but remember that some only think they do, but really remain blind. Thus fortunately for us those who are blind are not to be our judges in the end of the matter.

Active
But we must remember also that people did not always see the Jesus in Jesus, because they were blinded by what? Perhaps by their own spirit [attitude] as opposed to those who had been given by God "eyes to see".

So then are we ready to meet God? The answer is NOT dependent upon what everyone else sees in us, but rather what God sees in us. Some people may have God given sight, but remember that some only think they do, but really remain blind. Thus fortunately for us those who are blind are not to be our judges in the end of the matter.

I completely agree with you Amadeus. I am so glad God is our judge. Some of us are good judges, but God is a perfect judge. I am so glad that God is good and righteous. So glad.

Active
I completely agree with you Amadeus. I am so glad God is our judge. Some of us are good judges, but God is a perfect judge. I am so glad that God is good and righteous. So glad.
He sets the standard..no one is perfect but him and he is the only and final judge of us all....it can be no other way!!!

Loyal
I thought we have already met Jesus! (God)

1John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

2Cor 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Active
I first met him when I was Born Again and I have no doubts about that day and what...I experience. When life closes in and I get disturbed, I go back to that time and any doubts go away!

Loyal
The question should be, "do you see Jesus in you"? (2 Cor 13:5)
No, the question should be, Would you recognize Jesus if you saw him? Many who say that they would are perhaps someone who resembles the depictions of the so many artists instead of the "vision" of him God has placed in their hearts. Do we have a vision given to us by God?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:.." Prov 29:18

Loyal
No, the question should be, Would you recognize Jesus if you saw him? Many who say that they would are perhaps someone who resembles the depictions of the so many artists instead of the "vision" of him God has placed in their hearts. Do we have a vision given to us by God?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish:.." Prov 29:18
I guess your answer is "no"

Loyal
Do we have a vision given to us by God?

2Co 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The answer is "yes"!!

Loyal
I know this quickly gets into predestination, and predeterminism, and all that... but without arguing all those things again.... (for the 1,000th time)
Why are some saved, and others not saved?

c.

Faith my good freind :) you know that !!

Active
If nothing good is in the unsaved... OK. If nothing good is in the saved... then what makes us different? better? Does God just "pick" us, and not the others? I know this quickly gets into predestination, and predeterminism, and all that... but without arguing all those things again.... (for the 1,000th time) Why are some saved, and others not saved?
Our choice. Many just don't want to be with Jesus. It is hard to believe for you, I and anyone here as we are geared toward God and what is right. We give 'in' to Jesus. Others harden their hearts. They want to harden their hearts. They don't want what comes with Jesus. Turn the left cheek. Respect God with your body. Love your enemy. Humility. Repent often. They want.....pride. They want to be their own god.

So, nothing good is in any of us, but some of us choose to desire to be after God's heart. God is not going to throw in hell a person who has decided to follow Jesus.

We have to remember that humanity + Jesus / the cross was always God's plan from the very beginning. He knew mankind always needed a Savior.

If pure predestination / Calvinism was what God wanted with us, we would all be in heaven or hell right now. There would be no earth. It would have been as it was with the angels. Either with or not with God.
The other comment I would make here... is that in the parable of the talents... from which you quote above "well done, good and faithful servant".
The "good and faithful" servants are the the ones who did do something. The "wicked and lazy" servant is the one who didn't do anything.
The good and faithful servants are the ones who chose to do more then just be in the right religion. They actually acted on their convictions. Used their talents like money, health, good looks, high intelligence, for God.

Also... when we use the phrase someone "might see Jesus in me". How do you mean that? Now God is omnipotent and all knowing, yes. He knows your heart and the rest of the world doesn't, OK I get that. But does it really mean what people "do" see in you.

John the Baptist? Matt 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist.

You have a good point, this is why we must be glad that God judges more then just actions. Both have 'Jesus in them'.