• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Reading this book...

Formerly Adiaglow
My mother-in-law recommended a book that she had read to help me thru troubled times. It's called "Hinds Feet On High Places", by Hanna Hurnard. I just started it last night & am almost half way thru it. I have to say, this is one heck of a book. I highly recommend y'all check it out at your library. It speaks of how perfect love casts out all fears, and the way it's worded throughout is so interesting.
Does anyone else have any suggestions for good books? Thank you!!

"God's spiritual House" by T.Austin Sparks
"The Stewardship of the Mystery" by T.Austin Sparks
"Victory in the wilderness" by John Bevere
" the five love languages" by Gary Chapman
"The Mystery of God, Christ All and in All" by Manfred R. Haller
" The New Covenant Unveiled" by David Wilkerson

Administrator
Staff Member
I love reading the free ones (LOL) from Gospel for Asia and Billy Graham (especially BGEA). They are truly inspiring and motivational.

I suggest you all sign up and of course give a little in due respect for the free books.

www.bgea.org
www.gfa.org

Formerly Adiaglow
Jiggyfly ~ Thanks for all the suggestions! I went to the library after I read your post, but they didn't have any of those!! :( I'm going to see if any of my friends have them. We should start a book club! lol

Chad ~ That is SO weird that you said that! I just received my first free book from Gospel for Asia, and have a few from Billy's site. :)

"I love reading the free ones (LOL)"

I agree WingedGrace, we need a book club...
and for starters jiggyfly should send us all those books...free!

Formerly Adiaglow
Coconut said:

LOL That is one heck of an idea!! ;)

Administrator
Staff Member
Speaking of book club, please take the latest new poll. Its about a Talk Jesus bookstore (ok, maybe not a free club but cheap lol)

All the prayer books by Stormie Omartian are very good . Jiggy , the bait of satan by John Bevere is also very good . Mike

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
All the prayer books by Stormie Omartian are very good . Jiggy , the bait of satan by John Bevere is also very good . Mike
yeah, John's style of writing, I have read most of his books. they were a word in season for me. He is also a good preacher too, been at a couple of his meetings.

Coconut said:

No problem Cocnut, just send me 19.95 per book (to cover postage and handling) and a shipping address.

WingedGrace said:
My mother-in-law recommended a book that she had read to help me thru troubled times. It's called "Hinds Feet On High Places", by Hanna Hurnard. I just started it last night & am almost half way thru it. I have to say, this is one heck of a book. I highly recommend y'all check it out at your library. It speaks of how perfect love casts out all fears, and the way it's worded throughout is so interesting.
Does anyone else have any suggestions for good books? Thank you!!

A great book is
A Heart Ablaze: by John Bevere.

I also have heard his tape series Intimacy with God and seen him on tv a few times at a convention. If you ever get a chance go to one of his meetings - he is a great preacher.

[[WingedGrace
Formerly Adiaglow ]]

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: !!!! Adiaglow - you changed your name! I thought you disappeared LOL

Gloria said:
A great book is
A Heart Ablaze: by John Bevere.

I also have heard his tape series Intimacy with God and seen him on tv a few times at a convention. If you ever get a chance go to one of his meetings - he is a great preacher.
Heart ablaze is a wonderful book! I think it is John's best.

Formerly Adiaglow
Gloria said:
[[WingedGrace
Formerly Adiaglow ]]

:eek:mg: :eek:mg: !!!! Adiaglow - you changed your name! I thought you disappeared LOL

*chuckle* I knew that would throw some people off! :)

I just finished "Next Door Savior" by Max Lucado last night. It was pretty good. A combo of devotionals, basically.
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! :love: