• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Re: Christ's Spirit

Active
It's tempting to make this a tutorial but seeing as how it's supposed to be a testimonial, I'll endeavor to stay on track.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Not very long after my conversion back in 1968, I ran across a passage in the epistle to the Romans that caused me some anxiety. It goes like this:

"You are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." (Rom 8:9)

It seemed reasonable to me that if the Spirit of Christ was actually inside my body, I should be able to detect His presence. I mean, how could somebody like that possibly be in there without my knowing it?

When I shared my concern with a pastor whom I had come to trust, he reminded me that the Spirit of Christ is a paranormal being consisting of something less than thin air, and that as such can move about imperceptible to the five natural senses, viz: hearing, sight, taste, touch, and/or smell.

So, he steered me away from empirical evidence and instead turned my attention towards scriptural evidence. He said-- in so many words --that if it's true that Christ's sheep have his spirit, then if you can prove yourself to be Christ's sheep, you've proved yourself to have his spirit.

( Euclid couldn't have said it better. )
_

Staff Member
By this shall all men know that ye are My disciples, if ye have love one to another.
John 13:35

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

1John 3:14

Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:12-17