• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Rapture Top Dogs Admit no Proof Exists.

Loyal
"On the last day after the resurrection" -- for one thing, 'we're' not supposed to be setting a time.

What resurrection are you referring to?

"On the last day after the resurrection" -- for one thing, 'we're' not supposed to be setting a time.

What resurrection are you referring to?
There are two resurrections on the last day. The resurrection of believers. Then the rapture. Then the resurrection and judgement of the wicked. Followed by the explosion and melting of the universe according to Peter.

Active
Are you supporting this? A direct quote from Hal Lindsey related to my post?

"The prophecies can be pieced together to make a coherent picture, even though the pieces are scattered in small bits throughout the Old and New Testaments.
Hal Lindsey," 'The Late Great Planet Earth' 1970 (Chapter 4)

Do you support this type of exegesis?

I never took Hal (or any of the other "end time prophets") seriously. Eschatology AT BEST, is nothing but rank speculation.

Loyal
@Bob Carabbio -- Hal Lindsey is one of the most credible. Prophesy Is all over Scripture -- the predictions and the fulfillments are in both Old and New Testaments.
Eschatology is study of end time events. Found mostly in book of Revelation. And some in Daniel and Ezekiel. And That is God's Word.

At this point, I don't think I even believe in the rapture at all, let alone a Pre-Trib one. The Pre-Trib rapture is prevalent in the Western World,where we have wealth, health, and happiness never before seen in history. I have been told that over in Eastern Europe, where Communism was prevalent during the Cold War, they believe in the Post-Trib rapture because they are already accustomed to living in hard times. From my own perspective, the former is wishful thinking on our part and the latter is an expected reality for them.

It is also a great concern for me that certain eschatological forums (not going to name any names) are so bent on the rapture happening, they are practically praying to God for the end of the world to happen, allow billions to suffer and die, and have themselves whisked up into Heaven before this because their North American lives are not like 1950s sitcoms. To me, this is the most evil sense of entitlement I have ever witnessed, and coming from those who call themselves Christians because they vote for certain political parties.

Whether it happens next year, next decade, or if at all, I am expecting to go through the Tribulation. Just remember what the Bible says about God taking care of us during hard times.[1]

[1] Deuteronomy 8:1-20, Luke 12:1-12, 12:22-34, Matthew 6:25-34

Active
@Bob Carabbio -- Hal Lindsey is one of the most credible.

He's better NOW than he was in the '60s. But I still pay no attention to him or the other fantasy spinners.

Prophesy Is all over Scripture -- the predictions and the fulfillments are in both Old and New Testaments.

OF course. the main difference in the New Testament is that Paul WARNED against false prophets, and taught that all prophesy had to be confirmed.

Eschatology is study of end time events. Found mostly in book of Revelation. And some in Daniel and Ezekiel. And That is God's Word.

Eschatology, however, is "Man's theology", based on INTERPRETATIONS of Scriptures from the sources you mentioned, and heavily influenced by the denominational paradigms of the "Theologians" involved.

It's also totally unimportant. What will happen, will happen according to God's WILL, and according to HIS TIMING, and WE have no say, or input to any of that. HE SAID than NO MAN KNOWS. And our "theologians" have proved that over and over for Centuries.

Loyal
@BobCarabbio -- yes, Paul Does warn us about false prophets. They have to have Everything 100 % accurate or they are false. There were many Old Testament prophets / Isaiah, Jeremiah to name two of them. Both Major and Minor Prophets as books in the Old Testament.

Since Eschatology is part of God's Word -- it's Not man-made -- it's inspired by God through the Holy Spirit. God alone told the writters of the books what to write. All Scripture is given for our learning and so that we can be spiritually ready for either heaven or hell in our future Forever.

God has told us about the future -- so apparently it Is important or He would not have given us that information.

And, yes , totally God's timing. No one knows except God the Father when the rapture will take place. And we Do know that there will be 7 yrs of tribulation in the future. And after That there will be 1,000 yr reign of Jesus Christ on this earth. And there Will be the Great White Throne Judgement. And at the very end -- God Will bring the New Jerusalem down from heaven. And there will be those thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone for eternity.

Well -- God's Word says what it says. Maybe a person doesn't agree with It, but it's still God's Word.

Loyal
Dear Brother,
I answered the question you posed to me. Now you want me to justify my answer to your question, which you clearly didn't like or understand? :)
Do as you will brother. Only trying to help.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

I like the grace upon your speech. Amen. What a lovely example of how to respond to certain types of speech.

Much love brother. You are showing an excellent example of Christ-like speech. Thank you.

-WNL

Loyal
I like the grace upon your speech. Amen. What a lovely example of how to respond to certain types of speech.

Much love brother. You are showing an excellent example of Christ-like speech. Thank you.

-WNL

I second this, Nick is a gleaming light in what sometimes becomes murky waters here on TJ

Staff Member
Dear Brothers, @Jesus_is_LORD @Dave M
We try to be but examples of our Lord's Grace to all people.
So, in everything, we may Glorify our Heavenly Father!
Give the Glory to God, for I am nothing, and He is Everything! Alleluia!

I do thank-you for your kind words.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Loyal

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><
spoken like a true humble servant of the Lord Praise Jesus for putting you here bro !!

Loyal

YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Amen my brother, to God be the glory. Be encouraged, God's Love shines
upon and through you, and I'm not only encouraged but provided with a great example of how to be more like Jesus. Thank you.

Active
Joh 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Joh 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

How will/can time be measured after the last day.

Active
So then...Whom will YOU believe...A man with his opinion? Or God? Its your choice....God speaks of the rapture in His WORD. Hence....the rapture WILL happen.

Loyal
So then...Whom will YOU believe...A man with his opinion? Or God? Its your choice....God speaks of the rapture in His WORD. Hence....the rapture WILL happen.
Except that the word of God does not speak of the rapture. There's no mention of it anywhere in the Bible. Nowhere in the Bible at all.

Active
Except that the word of God does not speak of the rapture. There's no mention of it anywhere in the Bible. Nowhere in the Bible at all.
The English bible does not use the word "rapture" if that's what you mean....but the word "harpazo" is in the greek bible....It means 'to catch up' So yes, the rapture is spoken of in the bible....and there is also precedent for it in some places...People such as Enoch, Elijah, were caught up...harpazo .. into heaven....People like Noach were lifted up above the flood....The rapture is pictured several times in the Bible.

Loyal
No I didnt just mean that word isn't used in the Bible.

I mean that the expectation that God will remove Christians from the earth and suddenly carry them to heaven has no support in the Bible.