• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Random Thoughts- 1

Random Thoughts- 33

Can friends be a problem? You bet they can! Especially if they happen to be the ones on Social Networks. The requests come by the dozen each day and many of us just approve the "new friends", without even batting an eyelid. So here I was with more than 200 friends on Facebook. Sometime later, because of my hectic schedule, I couldn't log into the site for a while and then when I finally did, I found out that "my friends" there were a problem, because Facebook wanted me to identify my friends, so that my login be authenticated.
I failed because all the friends of mine that they put forward for me to identify I could hardly recognize.

Perhaps there must be a new definition to the word "friend", these days.
The Bible has a few definitions...
A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. (Proverbs 17:17)
A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24)

Random Thoughts- 34

Travelling in the desert city, a familiar sight captivated me often. Circles of beautiful flowers cultivated amidst roundabout signals. Thousands of vehicles ply around all through the day and I believe the sight is a blessing to everyone, small and big, rich and poor alike.
I caught a rare glimpse of the gardener yesterday, working hard despite the heat and the chaos all around. Wonder whether people cast a glance at him ever. It's part of his job, some may say; he's getting paid, others may add. Yet the flowers are the fruit of his labor; perhaps he deserves more than his pay; a pat on the back, for a job well done.

The fruit of your labor for the Kingdom of God may be enjoyed by many, but perhaps the appreciation that you receive may be little. But do not worry unduly about that. There's coming a day, not so far in the future, when you will certainly hear the Master's voice saying,
'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

Random Thoughts- 35

I have been noticing the cries of a little girl every morning as her father leaves for work. They stay in a flat on the floor above mine and every morning she calls out "Papa" several times as her Dad leaves the flat, enters the elevator and comes down to exit the building and walk away to work. This morning as I stood at the entrance of the building, I could hear her shrill voice crying out "Papa" repeatedly even as the guy was in the elevator and coming down.
As soon as he stepped out and heard her cry, he shouted back...What's it baby....I'll be back soon...Promise. And she in turn cried back....Don't be late....I'll be waiting.....Promise, he shouted back. Then she became quiet.

Do we long for Jesus in the same manner? Do we love to be with him day in and day out? Are we waiting expectantly for his return? He says.........Behold I am coming soon.

Random Thoughts - 36

A cat has been mayor for 15 years in a town with 900 residents in Alaska. It is known as Mayor Stubbs. Several years ago, the residents of the town did not like the candidates who were then running for Mayor, so as a joke they encouraged many to elect Stubbs as a candidate and it won.

Funny things happen in this world; things that surprise us no end. Funny that sometimes people whom we think will never enter the kingdom of God, suddenly do so and jaws drop. A touch from the Almighty and there you are. Yesterday lost and in the kingdom of darkness and today, full of heavenly light. Praise God.

Random Thoughts-37

Can you imagine a 100 year old running the marathon? Meet Mr. Fauja Singh, from London. On 16 October 2011, He ran the Toronto Waterfront Marathon in eight hours, 25 minutes and 17 seconds. He took up running 11 years ago and trains every day by running 10 miles. He was ecstatic, having achieved the near impossible.

Incredible! Considering his age and him starting to train so late in life.

As someone said, "It's never too late."

In the Bible, we read of Abraham having a child when 100 years old. His wife was 90 then. Moses was called to lead the Israelites to Egypt at age 80. Jacob travelled to Egypt from Canaan at around the age of 130.

The Apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."(Philippians 4:13)

If you have been contemplating to do something righteous, something good for your family or for others or have been planning to start something new for quite some time but not acting on your plans though you have a leading of the Spirit of God, step forward with faith and find fulfilment. Remember, "You can do everything through him (Jesus) who gives you strength."

Random Thoughts-38

We have been living in the Middle East for more than 2 years now (June 2013) and today was pest control day at our flat. Too many cockroaches this summer. These are very small and intrusive. Not like the big ones seen back home in Kerala, India. Those would make my wife and daughters run and take cover. Some of them creepy roaches would take the aerial route too.
Irritating creatures. Pest control...Good Riddance...at least for some time.
Something like temptations that comes to Christians. Creepy things; irritating; sometimes believers fall for the tempters (satan) tricks and sin; then work hard with prayer and application of the Word and overcome. But they can be back (tendency to sin) after a while, like roaches, if there is slackness in keeping one's house clean.
Bottom line: Be diligent in keeping the house clean whether it be the home that you live in or your spiritual life.

Random Thoughts-39

The other day I was surprised when I read the name of one of my new patients. The nurse had brought his file and the name read "Yamraj", which means "God of Death" in Hinduism. As I waited for him to come in, I wondered why his parents must have named him so. Surely he wouldn't have looked like one when he was born. Perhaps they were worshippers of Yamraj. Or perhaps it was just a mistake on their part; they didn't realize the meaning of the name.
As he entered my room, I saw that he was thin and pale, tense and nervous, as if he himself had just seen "Yamraj" on the way to the clinic. I asked him whether he knew the meaning of his name. He smiled but didn't reply.

Well, there you are; the peculiarities of human life. One of the things that most people have no control over is their own names. They are stuck with whatever their parents or guardians thought was good for them and by the time they realize that something else would have been better, their names are already in their school certificates and passports and changing to some other preferred name would mean "an uphill task", which most avoid.
But there's another side to this matter. We read in the book of Proverbs,
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favour and a good name in the sight of God and man. (Proverbs 3:3, 4)
Inference: We can win a good name in the sight of God and man, no matter what name we have.