• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Racism

Question: "What does the Bible say about racism, prejudice, and discrimination?"

Article from: gotquestions.org

The first item to understand in this discussion is that there is only one race – the human race. Caucasians, Africans, Asians, Indians, Arabs, Jews, etc., are not different races. Rather, they are different ethnicities of the human race. All human beings have the same physical characteristics (with minor variations, of course). More importantly, all human being are created in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27). God loves the entire world (John 3:16). Jesus laid down His life for everyone in the entire world (1 John 2:2). The “entire world” obviously includes all ethnicities of humanity.

God does not show partiality or favoritism (Deuteronomy 10:17; Acts 10:34; Romans 2:11; Ephesians 6:9), and neither should we. James 2:4 describes anyone who shows discrimination as “judges with evil thoughts.” Instead, we are to “love our neighbors as ourselves” (James 2:8). In the Old Testament, God divided humanity into two “racial” groups: Jew and Gentile. God’s intent was for the Jews to be a kingdom of priests, ministering to the Gentile nations. Instead, for the most part, the Jews became proud of their status and despised the Gentiles. Jesus Christ put an end to this, destroying the dividing wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:14). All forms of racism, prejudice, and discrimination are affronts to the work of Christ on the cross.

Jesus commands us to love each other as He loves us (John 13:34). If God is impartial, and loves us with impartiality, that means we need to love others with that same high standard. Jesus teaches at the end of Matthew 25 that whatever we do to the least of His brothers, we do to Him. If we treat a person with contempt, we are mistreating a person created in God’s image; we are hurting somebody that God loves and Jesus died for.

Racism, in varying forms and to various degrees, has been a plague on humanity for thousands of years. Brothers and sisters of all ethnicities, this should not be! To victims of racism, prejudice, and discrimination – you need to forgive. Ephesians 4:32 declares, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” No, racists do not deserve your forgiveness, but we deserved God’s forgiveness far less! To perpetrators of racism, prejudice, and discrimination – you need to repent and “present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God” (Romans 6:13). May Galatians 3:28 be completely realized: “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

this is a great post and something that god hates. the bible tells to love all man kind. it does not anywhere state that we love only the whites or the blacks or the mexicans. it states to love all mankind. i really love this post as i am a white man and my 2 best friends on here are both black but i love them both very much and they love me right back.

we may not agree on every little thing but who does? personally i think that allo the difference in people shows gods beauty and love for beauty. abigya, thank you for the post here on this. racism is ugly and it kills. it is not of god nor was it ever.

Sadly, many of us white Christians pride ourselves on not being prejudiced when in fact, our racial "non-prejudice" is superficial - for show only. We may socialize with blacks, Hispanics, or people of other ethnicities, but, away from those contacts, many of us look down on the people we claim to not be prejudiced against.

The sad thing is that many of us have convinced ourselves that the pretense we exhibit is what we really are. We've fooled ourselves into believing a lie. And on the Day of Judgement we'll be confronted with our duplicity. I urge everyone who reads this thread to examine his/her conscience on this issue, as I'm being forced to do.

SLE

In agreement with you Brothers,

God created this universe, this world and everyone in it. People exist in their variety because God designed it that way. Put simply, racism is a criticism of His handiwork.

Sadly, many of us white Christians pride ourselves on not being prejudiced when in fact, our racial "non-prejudice" is superficial - for show only. We may socialize with blacks, Hispanics, or people of other ethnicities, but, away from those contacts, many of us look down on the people we claim to not be prejudiced against.

The sad thing is that many of us have convinced ourselves that the pretense we exhibit is what we really are. We've fooled ourselves into believing a lie. And on the Day of Judgement we'll be confronted with our duplicity. I urge everyone who reads this thread to examine his/her conscience on this issue, as I'm being forced to do.

SLE

I agree SLE, I think that the Christian religious institution happens to be the most segregated organization there is today especially in America. Many will say it is because of culture but this is only partially true. Whatever the excuse, it is of carnal motivation and pleases man. We confess we are one in the Spirit and yet we gather according to our own preference, we even assemble and sing songs, "red, yellow, black and white, we are precious in His sight" yet we still have white church and black church. We bragg that we are spiritual and yet struggle to overcome basic carnal tendencies.

The christian religious institution boasts that it is the ekklesia that Jesus built and that HolySpirit governs yet the fact is the fruits and or lack of, all testify against it.

Administrator
Staff Member
I haven't faced that church experience brothers SLE and jiggy mentioned. Its not something I've come across in the 3 churches I've been active at in my past.

One, catholic church (during private school years), so it was all mixed ethnicities.

Second, a large charismatic church with hispanics, blacks, whites, everyone.

Same with the current church I attend.

Of course, this is only my personal experience. I do think its hypocritical and simply put, evil minded that anyone looks down at another at all. Jesus looks "down" on us in unconditional love. We should look across at all persons with the same mind and heart.

I have a father who told me when I was a teen that if I brought home a black guy he'd beat him up! This was horrible. When I was in kindergarten, I had a black friend named Shoka (I think I spelled that right). She was a great friend!

I have a hard time agreeing with someone when they say the church is racist, because you lump all the churches together. That isn't right and shouldn't happen.

I know we aren't were we should be with the issue of race, but don't lump me into that. I know I have a long way to go yet to get over what my father said, but I will NOT be like him.

I agree SLE, I think that the Christian religious institution happens to be the most segregated organization there is today especially in America. Many will say it is because of culture but this is only partially true. Whatever the excuse, it is of carnal motivation and pleases man. We confess we are one in the Spirit and yet we gather according to our own preference, we even assemble and sing songs, "red, yellow, black and white, we are precious in His sight" yet we still have white church and black church. We bragg that we are spiritual and yet struggle to overcome basic carnal tendencies.

The christian religious institution boasts that it is the ekklesia that Jesus built and that HolySpirit governs yet the fact is the fruits and or lack of, all testify against it.

Thank you for bringing it in a brooder way , I totally agree with you.

Someone once said that "God's greatest test to the human race was to give them dark-skinned members."

I have always believed that God loves variety and uniqueness.Racism is satanic,coming form a fallen being who loves uniformity for control.

Even Angels are different.Some have wings,some do not.Some are radiant,some are not.

God loves uniqueness.Its one quality of his gift of freewill to the human race.If people look different,they are likely to think different.God has never wanted programmed,pre-packaged robots of humans.He wants us the way we are.

It is interesting that some of the most important contributions to the human race came through minorities.Albert einstein came from a hated branch of the human race,yet look at all he contributed to the human race.

the most subtle beast

There are two issues I wish to address here.

1) racism

The short story is: The church could greatly relieve the tensions over racism (particularly in countries like America), if only the leaders would teach that: all people are descended from one man and woman; all people are equal before God; all are sinners in need of salvation; all need to build their thinking on God’s Word and judge all their cultural aspects accordingly; all need to be one in Christ and put an end to their rebellion against their Creator.

2) respect of persons

Words are very important, especially to covetous men who condition us to pervert the use of certain words in order to bring us into bondage. "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you" (2 Peter 2:3).

This is quite interesting because it involves a little-known deception employed by the enemy which keeps a majority in bondage to him.

Please allow me the opportunity to edify the discerning regarding the "persons" issue so that you might be more fully equipped to deal with the fiery darts.

We are all familiar with the phrase "the person of Jesus Christ." Why don't we simply say "Jesus Christ"?

We are all familiar with the phrase "Do you have any money on your person?" Why don't we simply say "Do you have any money?" The reason is: the words "person" and "man" do not describe the same thing!

Let's compare the words "person" and "man," and how this edifies the Word of God.

The term person appears in the bible, but it is not a noun, it only describes the noun.

Matthew 22:16, "...for thou regardest not the person of men."

2 Corinthians 2:10, "...the person of Christ."

When the bible uses the term person, it is translated from a Greek or Hebrew word which means "presence or countenance", it does not mean 'man.' Here is Scriptural proof that "person" and "man" are not synonymous terms, for if they are synonymous, then God is a liar.
First of all, the Scripture is very clear that God is no "respecter of persons" (2 Samuel 14:14, 2 Chronicles 19:7, Acts 10:34, Romans 2:11, Galatians 2:6, Ephesians 6:9, Colossians 3:25, 1 Peter 1:17). God does not respect persons, period!

Now, if the term 'person' is synonymous with 'man', then there is a contradiction in the Scripture, because throughout Scripture, God specifically says he does respect man! For example, "the LORD had respect unto Abel" (Genesis 4:4), God had respect "upon the children of Israel" (Exodus 2:25, Leviticus 26:9, 2 Kings 13:23), and God has "respect unto the lowly" (Psalms 138:6). Therefore, "person" and "man" are not the same.

Second of all, the Scripture says that if we have respect of persons, we commit sin and transgress God's Law (Leviticus 19:15, Deuteronomy 1:17; 16:19, Proverbs 24:23; 28:21, James 2:1-4, 9). But in the same breath, Paul tells the first century believers to hold Timothy in honour (Philippians 2:29), and Scripture commands us to honour all men (1 Peter 2:17)! So obviously, "persons" and "men" cannot be synonymous terms.

Let us look more closely at Leviticus 19:15. Notice it says ,"thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty." It does not say, "thou shalt not respect the poor, nor honour the mighty," but only the person of the poor and the person of the mighty. In other words, we are not to respect someone just because they are the president, or a police officer, or a banker, or a priest, or wealthy. These are the 'persons' of men. We are to respect men because of what's in their hearts, and not because of their image. Jesus did not accept the person of any (Luke 20:21); neither should we.

Another example is in James 2:1-4, where these religious people were sinning because they would give the best seats in their assembly to the persons of the rich, and not to the poor. This is discrimination. They were being partial and were giving judgment to the outward circumstances of man and not to their intrinsic merits. They preferred, as the more worthy, one whose "image" or "person" is one that is rich, high born, or powerful, over another who does not have these qualities.

Man's law is also in agreement that "person" and "man" are not synonymous parts of speech:

Person: "In law, man and person are not exactly-synonymous terms." Bouvier's Law Dictionary, 1856, 1 Bouv. Inst. n. 137.

Person: "...not every human being is a person." Black's Law Dictionary, 4th ed. 1957 & 1968, p.1300.

"A slave is not a person." Maxim of law.

"A slave, and everything a slave has, belongs to his master." Maxim of law.

So, if you are a slave, or a bondservant of Jesus, the Christ, you don't fit that description of being the person described in the natural man's statutes. A servant belongs to his master, and our Master is the King of kings, "For ye are bought with a price" (1 Corinthians 6:20).

Some may object to being called a 'slave' because they claim "slavery" was abolished in the US Constitution. This is not true. Only "involuntary servitude" was outlawed (see article XIII), not "voluntary servitude." Forced slavery was outlawed, not the freedom to choose to be an obedient bondman, or slave.

After the Civil War, many slaves stayed with, and continued to serve, their masters...voluntarily. Today, citizens, persons, residents, and others of like spirit are "voluntarily serving" Caesar and his "civil" world. But the bondmen of Christ Jesus choose to be an obedient slave of and to the Prince of Peace.

In truth, the English word 'person' does not belong in the bible. In Scripture, the Greek and Hebrew words that 'person' is translated from mean "to reveal the man" (i.e., presence, countenance, face, etc.), whereas in man's law, the word 'person' means "to conceal the man" (i.e., the term persona means "the mask of the actor", i.e., a fictional character that substitutes for the flesh and blood man. From this word persona we get 'person,' a fictional entity). You're the actor when you become a person, because a mask (the person) covers the true character, and you become something other than who God says you are.

ya know i am very hurt this evening that a persons skin color makes decisions here in the usa. i think that we all need to rise above the color of skin and start thinking about who christ is and always has been.

christ was neither white nor black and did not only preach the gospel to those of his own race. nor did he state that it is only the whites or the blacks that can receive salvation.

racsim is so wrong and it just goes to show the missunderstanding of others i have come from a place where pride and racisim is a normal lifestyle and i have seen the effects of it i absolutely agree that we are all from Adam the only reason people are different colors and sizes is becuase of where we live in this world I lived in AZ for six years and when I went there I was pretty white but because of the heat and sun my body had to adapt to the weather so my skin began to get darker those who are closer to the sun are darker to take the sun better in other places people are taller due to the height of everything so their bodies had to adapt to reach fruit on trees if you put an animal in a small cage it will stop growing to conform to the size of it's surrondings. I have studied this issue time and time again. We are only of one race the human race made in the image of our Amazing God.

you made a direct hit on an issue that has always bothered me.
Can we be racist and still make it into heaven?
I worked for lot's of old school Christians that behave more like plantation masters than they do Christ like.
I also have observed how in church settings,if you look different no body will ever take anything you say serious,only white semenerians are fit to handle the word of God,theres lot's of suspision and racism through out the whole Churh.
I have an indian mother and my dad was half and half,and I can tell everyone that I have encountered more racism in the Church than in prison.

If ever there was a reason to be indignant this is one of them.

Last edited:
how can we claim to love our neighbor or brothers if we are racist? how can we say that we know a man or woman if we have looked upon their flesh and judged them for the color of their skin? how can we put a claim that christ died for everyone if we condemn the men and women of different color? if the lord looks upon my heart to judge me as a white man why would he contradict himself and look upon my black brothers and sisters skin to judge them?

there have been organizations in many races that claim that they are the supreme being. they will even twist the word of god to try and prove it. ladies and gentlemen god is a jealous god not a racist god. and the lie that evolution would have people believe "that white man has evolved further than the black man because our skin is lighter" is a lie from the devil. yet this is what our children are being taught in classrooms in public schools.

sad isnt it.

Last edited:
Can we be racist and still make it into heaven?I worked for lot's of old school Christians that behave more like plantation masters than they do Christ like.

I had a friend (now deceased) who saw himself as a Christian. He was very active in his church and was a good neighbor - if you were a white person. As a child, he was taught to hate people of color, especially blacks.

Can I declare that his prejudice was wrong? Absolutely! Can I declare that he didn't go to heaven? No. There are two reasons for this: 1) It seems to me that God may put the greater accountability on the shoulders of those who lead people to sin (see Mt 18 :7 NIV) and 2) It's not my decision. God knows all the circumstances behind the way that man lived. I don't know them. (see Heb 10:30 NIV).

We are called to be Christ followers, to become like Him. But, we cannot do it perfectly. As a pastor friend of mine once said, "The longer I live, the more I realize that there will always be something about me that needs fixing."

SLE

Spirit led you understood exactly what I was saying.I have told some of these older folk
that racist feelings are not of God. but Some folk are set in their way or the highway.

Last edited:
We will never do away with racism if we assume everyone is racist so just get over it,no,
we can not continue bussines as usual.
we must continue to tackle this subject by the horns where ever it reveals it's ugly head.
By being honest and truthful about racism within our churches ,this will bring healing to the whole body of Christ.

I was not trying to pick a fight Im just here to learn and grow,and get my feet wet some times.
If any one is interested in learning more about Christian Zionism You could go straight to the source(EQUIP.ORG) Go to the,got questions,need answer link on your right hand.
There you could ask any question .
Cybernikes.If you still out there I want to say sorry if I offended you,pray for me.
have a good night everybody,hopefully when I wake up in the morning I wont find my self excomunicated from this website.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
I myself am done here. And quite frankly I am sorry now I even came here in the first place.

Well, with that attitude - good riddance. The forum doesn't revolve around anyone with such selfish attitude. You're not better than anyone here, so goodbye. Quit a conversation because you're not satisfied, but this is a discussion forum and everyone is expected to act godly, respectful towards one another, which you did not by making such comments like that. And 'quite frankly', I'm sorry you have such a miserable tone you display. I hope you're not a pastor.

Administrator
Staff Member
Put simply, racism is a criticism of His handiwork.

That was awesome! How simple and powerful the truth is.

I have a hard time agreeing with someone when they say the church is racist, because you lump all the churches together. That isn't right and shouldn't happen.

Another awesome truth. People are quick to judge the church, yet they have no right to do that. They are being prejudiced towards the church and doing more damage than good. This does not glorify GOD. This does not give unbelievers a good impression, not to mention a welcome to our place feeling.

Here is Scriptural answer to racism:

Matthew 22:36-40
<sup id="en-ESV-23906" class="versenum" value="36">36</sup>"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" <sup id="en-ESV-23907" class="versenum" value="37">37</sup>And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. <sup id="en-ESV-23908" class="versenum" value="38">38</sup>This is the great and first commandment. <sup id="en-ESV-23909" class="versenum" value="39">39</sup>And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. <sup id="en-ESV-23910" class="versenum" value="40">40</sup> On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

And, if you want to know who GOD loves:

John 3:16
<sup id="en-ESV-26126" class="versenum" value="16">16</sup>"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Is there anything to study further? No. Racism = the devil's idea.

Racism, like other sins will never end in a sinful world. Let's get that fact straight. Read the Scripture below, in the meantime remember the human population only grows more. And, therefore allows for greater expansion of more sin in the world. Especially at the rate we're moving at.

Matthew 24:11-13 <sup id="en-ESV-23965" class="versenum" value="11">
11</sup>And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. <sup id="en-ESV-23966" class="versenum" value="12">12</sup>And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. <sup id="en-ESV-23967" class="versenum" value="13">13</sup> But the one who endures to the end will be saved.