• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Quotes

I like to read quotes of believers, past and present. Please share some of your favorite quotes here. I will start with this one.

"Preach the Gospel everyday, if necessary, use words."
St. Francis of Assisi

Last edited:
"Learn as though you will live forever; but live as though you may die today."
Anonymous

Hi all!

A couple quotes I really like. Don't know who said the first one and the second is from movie (may have the wording wrong as I am recalling from memory), but it had a big impact on me when I heard it.

"Faith is permitting ourselves to be seized by things we can only feel, not the things that we can touch or see."

"What we do in life, echos in eternity" (or something along those lines)

Love in Christ,

Dave

"The one reason we do not have revival today is that we are content to live without it."
Leonard Ravenhill

"Unused truth becomes as useless as an unused muscle."
A.W. Tozer

"Natural man is a creature that will not give up something or break off from something he loves until that thing he loves has caused him suffering."
Manfred R. Haller

"My deep definition of sovereignty - He is God, and you are not!"
Rod Parsley

"Fear forces, love leads, faith follows."
Keith Moore

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Winston Churchill

Last edited:
"The family that prays together stays together". -Billy Graham

This was a popularized quote of his in the 1970's and needs to be used by more families today than ever.

Tar Hollow camper said:

This was a popularized quote of his in the 1970's and needs to be used by more families today than ever.
Excellent quote!!!!! and I believe that it applies to our spiritual family also don't you?

Administrator
Staff Member
Tar Hollow camper said:

Billy Graham is THE man! I love him very much and his family, the ministers like Franklin, Ruth, etc.

That is a perfect quote for today's times.

" The very life of Christ has been put with in us ... and is moving with in us... a perfect life. May the Lord Help us to see the power of this. " Smith Wigglesworth

Another good quote. Here is a scripture that comes to mind
"*Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Loves in need , of Love today - Stevie Wonder - 1976 - Songs In The Key Of Life . Mike

excellent and inspiring quotes, thank you

i will misquote this, but it is something i read many years ago now and it has stayed with me ever since.

'to do what is right for reward, or for fear of punishment or for any other reason than simply that it is right degrades the morality if it.' immanuel kant

scrappy

Jesuslovesu said:
" The very life of Christ has been put with in us ... and is moving with in us... a perfect life. May the Lord Help us to see the power of this. " Smith Wigglesworth
I like smith

" Growth is not more knowledge or increase of years: it is simply more of Him and less of me. He increases as I decrease. This is what it means to be a disciple."
Chip Brogden

There's work to do, deadlines to meet;
You've got no time to spare,
But as you hurry and scurry
A.S.A.P. - Always Say A Prayer.

In the midst of family chaos,
"Quality time" is rare.
Do your best; let God do the rest
A.S.A.P. - Always Say A Prayer.

It may seem like your worries
Are more than you can bear.
Slow down and take a breather