• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Questions.

Well I'll start straight off, I come from a very large family who do not belive in God. If you mention the name they'll frown at you and be disappointed, but for the past couple of months I've been going to a church where it's only youth (14-20). I enjoy it there, the atmosphere is amazing and there's amazing Christians there aswell, but I want to believe in jesus but I can't stop sinning. I have demons in me that keep pulling me back into my old ways of smoking and drinking and having sex with my partner any chance I get, I believe he's up there, I've been on the altar three times now and been prayed for, opening my heart to Jesus, but I just don't change. I can't change. I get the goosebumps when we're worshipping or praying. It's a very warm feeling, people say it's his presence but is it really? There's lambs at the church who are open to Jesus but don't preach or worship. I want to be a soldier. I want to be able to pray for people and bring people the church and make their lives better but I don't feel like I'm open enough. I don't feel that connection with Jesus as much as others but I want to. I've opened my heart and offered my life to him multiple times but I just get back into my own ways. I try give up my addictions but I fall back into them and don't know how to not. I need jesus in my life but I feel that I don't have him. What can I do to seriously feel his presence? What can I do to believe more? Please...

Loyal
Well I'll start straight off, I come from a very large family who do not belive in God. If you mention the name they'll frown at you and be disappointed, but for the past couple of months I've been going to a church where it's only youth (14-20). I enjoy it there, the atmosphere is amazing and there's amazing Christians there aswell, but I want to believe in jesus but I can't stop sinning. I have demons in me that keep pulling me back into my old ways of smoking and drinking and having sex with my partner any chance I get, I believe he's up there, I've been on the altar three times now and been prayed for, opening my heart to Jesus, but I just don't change. I can't change. I get the goosebumps when we're worshipping or praying. It's a very warm feeling, people say it's his presence but is it really? There's lambs at the church who are open to Jesus but don't preach or worship. I want to be a soldier. I want to be able to pray for people and bring people the church and make their lives better but I don't feel like I'm open enough. I don't feel that connection with Jesus as much as others but I want to. I've opened my heart and offered my life to him multiple times but I just get back into my own ways. I try give up my addictions but I fall back into them and don't know how to not. I need jesus in my life but I feel that I don't have him. What can I do to seriously feel his presence? What can I do to believe more? Please...

The Bible tells us how one gets saved......

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

If you have done this you are a child of God whether you feel like it or not. In your heart which became new after confessing Jesus as your Lord and savior you should have a "witness" that you are his son. It has nothing to do with the human mind which needs to be renewed using the Word of God. Your heart is where God will speak to you, not in your head. Once you become child of God the Lord begins his work in you by sanctifying you which means, "to make holy" This process takes years and then some. As you begin to hear, and learn from the Father, Those things which you hate will begin fade away as you grow spiritually. Find a Bible teaching Church that will help you grow in the Lord, and the power of his might.

Php 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

The work the Lord started in your life he finishes. Read the Word of God, and pray to your creator who has given all he has to you freely, and richly to enjoy!!!.

Loyal
@Jordan98

Don't seriously consider quitting because you don't see the answers that you expect. Consider rather what Jesus was saying here:

"When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:8-11

We don't overcome our sinful nature. If it is to be overcome it must God in us that does it. For this reason, we must continually surrender to Him. After we have been drawn into to the Lord the first there are still within us until the "old man" is completely dead are two natures, the "old man" [the one that led you deeper and deeper into sinful ways before you met the Master] and the "new or inner man" that will lead to being one of those overcomers mentioned in Revelation chapter 2 and 3.

Jesus overcame the world of temptation for Him [the world which is us is the "old man"] as per John 16:33. He also paid the price for our sins, which no other man was worthy to pay. He became for us the Door to Life as well as the Life of the "new man" in us. We cannot simply walk through the Door without help. God has provided a Helper [John 14:26]and we must use that Helper or never make it.

Staff Member
@Jordan98
First welcome to Talk Jesus Jordan.

This is the second time I've given this link on Salvation in the last 15 minutes. I provide it to you, but from what you've written. YOU ARE SAVED! ALLELUIA!
How do I accept Jesus as my Savior

The problem you are facing is that automatic purity, holiness, and walking as Jesus Christ did is what you're expecting to do right away. Why? Because you are comparing yourself to others. You look around the church and you find that you are not as they are (yet). Guess what? If you were to ask them or any believer here how their walk has been since they were called to be His. Guess what they would tell you? Fell down, got back up, fell down, got back up and yet they continued getting back and walking forward. Trusting that what God has started He will complete as Brother Curtis has mentioned from "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

Oh, and you need to stop saying "I can't"....why?.....because you can't but He can!!! If you're going to say "I can't"....then add "but my Jesus can who now resides in me". Jesus is positive not negative in your life! Always remember that it's not by your power or might but by the Spirit of God that you will be an Overcomer! The enemy (Satan) doesn't want you to succeed, even though he knows that the victory has been won in you through Jesus Christ. So these thoughts (battles) will continue because Satan has lost! So what do you do? as Scripture tells you to do "Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7

I highlighted the first part because a lot of people forget that part and go straight to "resist". Also, replace the things that you do that are addictions with other things. Smoking? Grab a life Saver and Pray! I mean candy, but holding on to Jesus & Praying will help you for sure!!!! You are a man! Tell yourself that you won't be a slave to it anymore, but if a slave....be it to Jesus alone and not some artificial thing!!!

Make time to get into His word. It's not only at church, but everywhere. Set the first thing you do when you get up in the morning. Pray, read His Word, do a devotional. all three! Start your day out right and end it the same way. I smoked for over 30 years and it was not easy quitting. Get rid of everything that even suggests of it. The same with the other addictions. Always remembering that it is in God who makes it possible that you will succeed!

Once again be welcome brother and I'll be praying for you.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

I remember being exactly where you are now. Of all the advice I got from Christians, nothing seemed work.

Regardless of such failure, I limped along for years and years.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @Jordan98

Welcome to the forums and to the family of Christ. I think you need to take a step back and don't be hard on yourself (I'm not condoning sin though). Let's look at something:

1. In your heart, you truly desire to change and become like Christ. That's absolutely the key point GOD looks for in a person, along with trusting faith in Him through Jesus
2. Jesus paid the penalty of all your sins: past, present, future. No exceptions, wiped the slate clean. You just trust Him to save you and sanctify you. Sanctification is a life long process, not an overnight change.
3. Keep praying and believing. Engulf yourself in reading the Bible daily with devotionals. They will do a great work on your heart and mind. The Word is alive and believe me, GOD will change you.