• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Questions/Answers on Spiritual Gifts

Loyal
* It is also spoken of as indicative of spiritual childhood, and not of full growth.
Praying in tongues is not indicative of childhood - being in the flesh and dwelling on Earth is the childhood part of faith.
This childhood part of our lives will end and we will obtain perfection (full maturity) when Jesus returns to claim his own and we are transformed into angelic beings with glorified bodies.
1Cor 13:9 For we know in part, and prophesy in part;
10 but when the perfect is come, what is in part shall be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, thought as a child, reasoned as a child: when I became a man, I put away the things of the child.
12 For now we see by a mirror darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.

You are wrestling with the scriptures to fit your preferred doctrines rather than simply believing the scriptures as to what they teach.

Loyal
God has given us His word, that is enough.
Therefore believe it and act on it. Obedience is what true discipleship is about.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, Except one be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born being an old man? can he enter a second time into the womb of his mother, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 What is born of the flesh is flesh; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said to thee, Ye must be born from above.
8 The Spirit breatheth where he willeth, and thou hearest his voice, but knowest not whence he cometh, and whither he goeth: so is everyone born of the Spirit.

Zephaniah 3:9 “For at that time I will change the speech of the peoples to a pure speech, that all of them may call upon the name of Yahweh and serve him with one accord.

1Cor 14:2 For who speaketh in a tongue speaketh not to men, but to God; for no one heareth; but in spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Loyal
Hello @Waggles.

God has given us His word, that is enough.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris
Yes! And somewhere around "AD 30" He said This to HIS Disciples:

15He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16Whoever Believes And Is Baptized Will Be Saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My Name They Will Drive Out Demons; They Will Speak In New Languages 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

and remember:

New American Standard Bible
“Take care not to practice your righteousness in the sight of people, being noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

and do not be like Hypocrites and do these works in churches standing up, and when you pray and do your righteous acts, do it in secret , these love standing up in the churches, , do not be like them. "BY their fruits you will know them" .

For by Grace you have Been Saved and not by works, less any man should Boasts. It is A "GIFT" and not earned" For There are many that cannot talk, For there are many that cannot walk, for there are many have not Vocal cords, there are many that do not have, "Ear drums"in their ears to hear, for there are many that have no legs and arms, some was born without them. Some have been born, that have no eyes to see, even some that have been born without a tongue in Their mouths. For some are born retarded, handicapped, for one I knew a little white girl used to loved rubbing my "Bald-head" in Church on Sunday mornings and she would just laugh and smile at me! And I would tell her parents leave her alone, and when I preached or sing a song from right where I would be seated, She would be so happy! and clap her hands, and sit down right beside me and hum the best she knew how. For The WORD of GOD is Enough and Jesus Is All we need! But so many have to be convince of This "TRUTH" and it is a shame it will have to Take The END of All Things for they can be convince That "GOD" is All we need!

For Jesus The Christ of GOD is "THE WRITTEN WORD" For Jesus The Christ is "THE REVEALED WORD" for Jesus Christ is "The SPOKEN WORD", For Jesus Christ is "THE WALKING WORD" For The SON of GOD can Be anything His FATHER wants HIM TO BE! For HE IS "GOD" and There is None else Like HIM, For if He decides To cry like A BABY! For He still is "GOD"! and Yes I am in agreement with you "Complete"

John 1
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. [So in essence He was Here Before "The BEGINNING of ALL Creation" Before a beginning He was and is The SON of GOD]

"God has given us His word, that is enough." Even, if we have to ask The "Quadriplegic" and ask the one who have no shoes to put on their feet and go to bed hungry every night, ask His child that have to drink muddy and dirty water, Ask His Child who have to eat worms and bugs for protein. Ask His child who is torture in The jungles and the deserts, ask His Child who is being raped and slave out every day. "Jesus is enough" this stuff is going on everyday! The devil is attacking The Real Children of GOD everyday! Not one day is pass for he is not touring one of The "Elect of GOD". And we feel their pain every day, Why? Because they are a Part of the "BODY of CHRIST" they are a part of us! How can we not feel their suffering and pain. For the Parakletos lets us know what is going on through the book. And Now That is what you call "the truth". and these people are still witnessing to their slave masters and tormentors That "JESUS is THE CHRIST" of GOD. The Son of The Living GOD. And no matter what they do to them. He is Their GOD and That He loves Them even if he does not delivery them form their hands.

And "The LORD is Their Shephard and they have no other need".:pensive: I had never seen any thing like it since I observe these people in "Reformation Bible College" coming home on break from the mission fields.

New International Version 1 Peter 5:9
"Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings." And Count It Worthy To Suffer All Kinds Of Suffering AnD Willing To Die In That Name! And Count It All Joy!

Now that is a "True Spiritual GIFT" coming down from GOD The FATHER" The father of Lights a good and Perfect Gift. To be able to suffer in The name of Jesus Christ. For many have not that gift or the desirer to Suffer in great agony and pain of all kinds in His name.

complete, thank you.​

Last edited:
Loyal
'For we are saved by hope:
.. but hope that is seen is not hope:
.... for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
...... But if we hope for that we see not,
........ then do we with patience wait for it.
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
.. for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
.... but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us
...... with groanings which cannot be uttered.
And He that searcheth the hearts
.. knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit,
.... because He maketh intercession for the saints
...... according to the will of God.'
(Romans 8:24-27)

Praise God!
Praise His Holy Name!

Active
Why are these gifts given? What is their primary purpose? They aren't for "self" edification. They are to edify the church. The Bible says so.

Edify the church rather than the word of God ?

Again the gifts are spiritual. A spirit has not flesh and bones It's not the dying hands of mankind "hands on" as if we were healed by the temporal things seen , The gospel healing is not focused on dying faithless (powerless) mankind (temporal) but does concern the eternal. No man has received the propmised new incorruptible body .we walk by faith not after the temporal things seen

We receive his edying work In that way eat just enough honey or we could vomit out the little he does give us yoked with him ,

1 Corinthians 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Again not self edifying I di it it proves it as a ouwad sign to oneself .

Peter prophesied called tongues the Holy Spirit interpreted it so that they could believe the author (not Peter)

Acts 1:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

If we fail to look to the law spoken of as the foundation of the doctrine then we can make it about self edification Study the law (Isaiah 23) we have the testimony (and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.)

1corinthians 14: 21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues(prophecy) and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

Loyal
1 Corinthians 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

I think that's what I said

Why are these gifts given? What is their primary purpose? They aren't for "self" edification. They are to edify the church. The Bible says so.

1Cor 12:7; But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
1Cor 14:3; But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.
1Cor 14:5; Now I wish that you all spoke in tongues, but even more that you would prophesy; and greater is one who prophesies than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may receive edifying.
1Cor 14:12; So also you, since you are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek to abound for the edification of the church.
1Cor 14:26; What is the outcome then, brethren? When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

Loyal
'For we are saved by hope:
.. but hope that is seen is not hope:
.... for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
...... But if we hope for that we see not,
........ then do we with patience wait for it.
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
.. for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
.... but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us
...... with groanings which cannot be uttered.
And He that searcheth the hearts
.. knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit,
.... because He maketh intercession for the saints
...... according to the will of God.'
(Romans 8:24-27)

Praise God!
Praise His Holy Name!
That is written to Pentecostal Spirit-filled believers that made up the body of Christ and to whom Paul wrote this epistle to.
And yet non-Pentecostals use the epistles to the Spirit-filled saints to promote another gospel - faith and doctrine at variance to the written word of God.
The scriptures clearly reveal that believers would speak in tongues and that the power of God would be manifest openly in the ekklesia through the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
All the epistles follow Acts and are written to teach, edify, exhort and admonish Pentecostal believers - the ekklesia - there is no other doctrine of salvation in the NT.

Romans 8:9 But YE are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that God’s Spirit dwelleth in you. But if any hath not Christ’s Spirit he is none of his.
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is indeed dead because of sin; but the spirit is life because of righteousness.

HOWEVER here is the wonderful love, grace and mercy of our Lord Jesus, the God of salvation, in that knowing that the church of Rome would supplant the original gospel with another gospel
that would not have the truth concerning the baptism of the Holy Spirit - God would still honour and bless all Christian faiths - Catholic, Orthodox and especially Protestant.
That Christianity is the religion of love and charity and has contributed greatly to the moral and social development of, first, Europe and later the world at large is a great testament to the purpose of the gospel
in improving the lives of human beings.
Does God answer prayers for non-Pentecostal believers? Yes he does.
Does God give miracles and healings to non-Pentecostal believers. Yes he has.

So why has God reinstated his Pentecostal church once again in these last days?
Why is the world experiencing an unprecedented Pentecostal Holy Spirit revival with signs, wonders and miracles?
Because Pentecostal faith has the power of God to displace the adversary and the work of devils in this world.
The gospel is not coming to people who have no previous religion or hostility to Christ Jesus, but is openly challenging false religions and social cultures - the power of God demonstrating the wonderful truth
of Jesus as Lord and God who has reconciled people to God the Father, and who can now also enjoy many blessings.

Loyal
So then let us explore the operation of the gifts distributed to the ekklesia through the indwelling Holy Spirit -
the first in the list is -
1Cor 12:8 For to one is given through the Spirit a word of wisdom; and to another a word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit:
These gifts are to assist the elect to walk in the Spirit and to have understanding of scripture and righteousness.
To learn of God and to put on the mind of Christ.

1Cor 1:4 I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus,
5 that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge -

Proverbs 2:6 For Yahweh will give wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Colossians 1:9 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Ephesians 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him,
18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 4:11 And he [Jesus] gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.

Active
So then let us explore the operation of the gifts distributed to the ekklesia through the indwelling Holy Spirit -
the first in the list is -

Before we explore them the word spiritual as to gifts must first be defined . Can you see a spirit or does a spirit not have flesh and bones?

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Are you e receiving the things of the Spirit of God not seen or those of the flesh. outwardly ? I did it, I made a noise without meaning and fell backward slain in the spirit . . it proves it (self edification)?

Active
That is written to Pentecostal Spirit-filled believers that made up the body of Christ and to whom Paul wrote this epistle to.
Spirit filled ? Which believer is not Spirit filled from the beginning.(born again) receiving salvation at the first hearing of the gospel .

Is there something missing ?

1 Peter 1:8-10 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, (Christ working in us) even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Loyal
@Waggles,
@Garee

Hello both,

My mind goes to Ephesians 1:13-14,

'In Whom (Christ) ye also trusted,
.. after that ye heard the word of truth,
.... the gospel of your salvation:
in Whom (Christ) also after that ye believed,
.. ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
.... Which is the earnest of our inheritance
...... until the redemption of the purchased possession,
unto the praise of His glory.'

* Yes, hearing leads to believing and the sealing of the Holy Spirit.
* This all takes place 'in Christ'.
* The flesh counts for nothing.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Staff Member
And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
To the end He may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

1Thessalonians 3:12-13

Greetings Chris,

the 'flesh' is more than or, other than, the worldly body and it's sensual lusts etc.

Much of what we have account of, tells of the Justification through Faith (in God and His Christ) verse the law.
If we consider the flesh in the light of the keeping of the law and all it 'provokes' in man, we see the flesh as it truly is. Our (past) yearning and desire to appease God through sacrifice and deeds, etc and ofttimes a zeal that can not really be 'faulted' from a worldly way of seeing. [Perhaps Saul of Tarsus was that way inclined?] However, the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2

on topic ... [that's the plan!]... the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus, quickens that which was once dead and with no way of becoming alive. That Baptism is one of Life giving to the dry bones, so to speak. No longer are we bound by the law of sin and death, as prisoners of a past that we can not mend or make disappear. Christ made this possible for those who believe through His death and by God raising Him up again, we have the Advocate and Intercessor, Who maintains our position in Him, to His praise and glory, forever, amen

Being transformed and translated, from darkness to Light.

The Father gives good gifts, and those for the Body; Christs own possession, that we [the Body] might dwell together in His Love and work together doing those works of righteousness that He has prepared for us to do.
Being many, the members need the working of the Spirit in them as a Body lest we be wearied and lest we stumble and fall or forget and do deceitfully against His greatest gift, which came to us through Grace.

Would we stop breathing deliberately and expect to live for long? Likewise, we need the Spirit in and through us, for the good of the Body. God gives diversely as He will and we must encourage one another more and more, rather than less and less, judging not as if we have no need of another and likewise, judging not as conceited that we have something better and are 'more blessed' than others who He has put into the Body.

We see a zealousness creeping in and this can be 'counterproductive' as some might demand a law of the Spirit that He never placed upon the hearts of those who believe.

We can also see others who add codes and restrictions on more carnal or 'human' activities as if that will be a measure ,that the some or all will be measured by, in order to enter in and drink of that Water. Both are wrong and yet, we must always be ready to both examine ourselves and be examined by the Lord.

Humility comes to mind. A scarce and precious thing. Who are we before God?
In Christ, victorious!
Of ourselves, empty and in desperate need.

The flesh of it all profits nothing. The Spirit gives Life.

Bless you Sister ....><>

Abraham believed in the Lord; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
Genesis 15:6

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him: but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead.
Romans 4:20-24

The promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
Romans 4:13

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.
Matthew 13:43

Staff Member
acts-2-33.jpg

Christ died for the Body He loved
The Father kept His Promise, to His Son
Who now has that which He paid for;
The just shall live by faith

yea, He is faithful Who promised
Blessed are those servants,
whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching:
verily I say unto you,
that he shall gird himself,
and make them to sit down to meat,
and will come forth and serve them.

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom
Luke 12:32

Loyal
Hello Br. Bear,

The words of a Children's hymn comes to mind:-

1 We are but little children weak,
Nor born in any high estate;
What can we do for Jesus' sake,
Who is so high, and good, and great!

2 When deep within our swelling heart
The thoughts of pride and anger rise,
When bitter words are on our tongues,
And tears of passion in our eyes

3 Then we may stay the angry blow,
Then we may check the hasty word,
Give gentle answers back again,
And fight a battle for our Lord.

4 With smiles of peace and looks of love
Light in our dwellings we may make,
Bid kind good humour brighten there,
And still do all for Jesus' sake.

5 There's not a child so small and weak
But has his little cross to take,
His little work of love and praise
That he may do for Jesus' sake.

:love:

Active
Just another "pentehostile"
One doesn't have to be concerned about there being an "Interpreter', since if one has been burdened to speak in a tongue in a meeting, somebody else will already have been burdened to interpret.
I do not know why my Pentecostal Brothers and Sisters left the Baptist Church in the early 1900s, I was born yet but the Baptists have yet to disown them, at least not to my knowledge. Before the MS took my legs and pick hand away from me, my wife and I sang specials in Churches of both denominations. The only offense taken, that I know of in that period, was taken by me when a Pentecostal Pastor offered me the title of Deacon if I joined "his" church.

As for concern, as a member of the Church of The Christ, it is my duty to speak out when False Teachers twist and rape the scriptures.

Active
What is the purpose of teaching against false teachers
when Jesus commanded to let them alone for they are the blind leaders of the blind to lead the blind.

Would not this make you a false teacher? Just wondering?
No, in no manner. As people filled with Ruah we are called to go to all nations and teach those seeking. People in any Church Building on Sunday hope to hear the Truth, they seek after Our Elohim. Sadly, many such as Benny Hinn have dumped the beliefs they were raised with and are getting rich preaching a false Yashua.

Active
I do not know why my Pentecostal Brothers and Sisters left the Baptist Church in the early 1900s,
They didn't - "Pentecostalism" grew out of Wesleyan Holiness ("Holy rollers" were Wesleyans, and the DID "Roll").
I was born yet but the Baptists have yet to disown them, at least not to my knowledge.
Since Baptists are essentially "Cessationists" (based on 1 cor 13:10 - the published Bible being "that perfect"), they typically consider the whole "Full Gospel/Pentecostal/Charismatic" thing to be as phony as a $3 bill.
Before the MS took my legs and pick hand away from me, my wife and I sang specials in Churches of both denominations. The only offense taken, that I know of in that period, was taken by me when a Pentecostal Pastor offered me the title of Deacon if I joined "his" church.
Sorry to hear about your disability. I'm not as active at 80, as I was at 45 (Coronary issues).

But from an evangelistic standpoint, Full Gospel groups world-wide have expanded from zero in 1900, to the point where 1 in 3 Christians are Pentecostal in nature.

Loyal
THE GIFT OF FAITH
an interesting notion here that faith is a gift given to a disciple by the power of God through his Spirit to the elect.
1Corinthians 12:9 - to another faith by the same Spirit,
pistis (G4102), primarily, "firm persuasion," a conviction based upon hearing (akin to peitho, "to persuade"), is used in the NT always of "faith in God or Christ, or things spiritual."

1Cor 2:4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Jude 1:20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit,
21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.
22 And have mercy on those who doubt;
thus we read that praying in tongues strengthens our faith as we put aside our natural mind and allow the Holy Spirit to pray directly to God on our behalf (1Cor 14:2 and 14-15)

Galatians 3:2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?
I heard the full gospel preached and I believed all the scriptures pertaining to baptism in water and Spirit - then I received the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues because I believed.
Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

2Peter 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Active
THE GIFT OF FAITH
an interesting notion here that faith is a gift given to a disciple by the power of God through his Spirit to the elect.
1Corinthians 12:9 - to another faith by the same Spirit,
pistis (G4102), primarily, "firm persuasion," a conviction based upon hearing (akin to peitho, "to persuade"), is used in the NT always of "faith in God or Christ, or things spiritual."

1Cor 2:4 and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

Jude 1:20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit,
21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.
22 And have mercy on those who doubt;
thus we read that praying in tongues strengthens our faith as we put aside our natural mind and allow the Holy Spirit to pray directly to God on our behalf (1Cor 14:2 and 14-15)

Galatians 3:2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?
I heard the full gospel preached and I believed all the scriptures pertaining to baptism in water and Spirit - then I received the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues because I believed.
Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

2Peter 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
BIBLICAL FAITH is ALWAYS revelatory - i.e. God's WORD to YOU:
Gal 3:5
He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the HEARING OF FAITH?
Humans can't produce "Biblical FAITH" - all we're capable of is "Mental assent" (Belief). Biblical Faith is invariably sourced by God's Word (Rom 10:17)