• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Questions and Objections

You don't have to do anything means that salvation is free, it cannot be earned. Baptism and repentance are signs of salvation (repentence being critically important), but they do not preceed salvation nor do they qualify one for it (see Ro 3:22-24 NIV).
SLE

why does Romans 10:10 say that confession is made unto salvation then?

And If you don't repent, you can't be saved. There is no way around it. You can't be saved and then not repent (Luke 13:3- unless you repent, you will all likewise perish).

It's silly to say someone is saved who has not repented or that repentance is just a sign of salvation. It is a choice a person makes. You can choose to be sorry and change your life, or you can choose to keep living in sin and guilt. It is something you do.

Every verse doesn't tell everything that must be done to be saved. You can't just use one verse and say that's how you are saved. The inspired writers were speaking to different crowds with different situations. Use the Bible in its entirety to see the acts involved in salvation:

Hearing is involved (Romans 10:17-Faith comes by hearing),
Believing is involved (John 3:16, John 8:24),
Repenting is involved (Luke 13:3- unless you repent, you will all likewise perish, Acts 17:30),
Confession of Christ (Rom 10:9-10- confession made unto salvation)
Baptism is involved (Acts 2:38, 1 Peter 3:21, Mark 16:16- he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved)
Remaining faithful unto death is involved (Rev 2:10)

People just take one verse and say we don't have to do anything to be saved. That's what they want you to believe. People try sooo hard to get around these things. It's not about boasting and saying "look at me, look what I did to save myself". It's about fully submitting yourself to God and DOING what he tells you to do if you want your salvation.

God wants us to obey (John 14:15). He never said, if you believe in me but don't want to obey anything I have told you to, it's ok, you can be saved. Show me that in the scripture because that is what you are teaching.

Repentence for all

Your conscious must agree to the fact that in order to be saved it has offended Holy God, your conscious must want the solution, the Savior which is Christ the Lord!
If you ignore your need your ignoring Gods plan for you through Jesus Christ!

If you say yes to your need the solution is to repent from those deeds towards God and call on the Lord JESUS to save you!

Anyone who says different never met the Lord Jesus Christ!

Last edited:
I believe we are save through Jesus Christ by His blood, because of what He did.

Lev 5:1 Sin offerings are required in the following cases. If you are officially summoned to give evidence in court and do not give information about something you have seen or heard, you must suffer the consequences.

Mat 27:11 Jesus stood before the Roman governor, who questioned him. "Are you the king of the Jews?" he asked. "So you say," answered Jesus.
Mat 27:12 But he said nothing in response to the accusations of the chief priests and elders.

Because He kept silent, thats how He obtained our sins.

Moreover, do you think the Laws of Moses is no more for what Jesus has done?

Even though Jesus said:

Mat 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to do away with the Law of Moses and the teachings of the prophets. I have not come to do away with them, but to make their teachings come true.
Mat 5:18 Remember that as long as heaven and earth last, not the least point nor the smallest detail of the Law will be done away with---not until the end of all things.
Mat 5:19 So then, whoever disobeys even the least important of the commandments and teaches others to do the same, will be least in the Kingdom of heaven. On the other hand, whoever obeys the Law and teaches others to do the same, will be great in the Kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:20 I tell you, then, that you will be able to enter the Kingdom of heaven only if you are more faithful than the teachers of the Law and the Pharisees in doing what God requires.

May the LORD bless you and take care of you;
May the LORD be kind and gracious to you;
May the LORD look on you with favor and give you peace.

Num 6: 24-26​

Last edited:

Believing is involved (John 3:16, John 8:24)

Of course! Hearing and believing always precede a decision to ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I hope I'm never stupid enough to say they don't.

Repenting is involved (Luke 13:3- unless
you repent, you will all likewise perish, Acts 17:30)

You got me on this one. My mistake.

Which comes first, the decision to ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior (which He always responds to in the affirmative) or the verbal confession? Is it not the decision to ask that gets the ball rolling from the person's standpoint?

Baptism is involved (Acts 2:38, 1 Peter 3:21, Mark 16:16- he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved)

Which comes first, asking Jesus be be your Lord and Savior, or the baptism ceremony? And what of new believers who die before they've had an opportunity to be baptised? Are they not saved?

I never said that salvation is a one time event. Php 2:12-13 tells us that a developmental process is involved.

SLE

Loyal

And If you don't repent, you can't be saved. There is no way around it. You can't be saved and then not repent (Luke 13:3- unless you repent, you will all likewise perish).

It's silly to say someone is saved who has not repented or that repentance is just a sign of salvation. It is a choice a person makes. You can choose to be sorry and change your life, or you can choose to keep living in sin and guilt. It is something you do.

Every verse doesn't tell everything that must be done to be saved. You can't just use one verse and say that's how you are saved. The inspired writers were speaking to different crowds with different situations. Use the Bible in its entirety to see the acts involved in salvation:

Believing is involved (John 3:16, John 8:24),
Repenting is involved (Luke 13:3- unless you repent, you will all likewise perish, Acts 17:30),

People just take one verse and say we don't have to do anything to be saved. That's what they want you to believe. People try sooo hard to get around these things. It's not about boasting and saying "look at me, look what I did to save myself". It's about fully submitting yourself to God and DOING what he tells you to do if you want your salvation.

God wants us to obey (John 14:15). He never said, if you believe in me but don't want to obey anything I have told you to, it's ok, you can be saved. Show me that in the scripture because that is what you are teaching.

To Repent means go in another direction.

Active
Acts 16:31
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, along with everyone in your household.”

Romans 10:9
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Ephesians 2:8
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.

Loyal
Chad,

You said you don't have to do anything to be saved (i.e. be baptized) yet you say you do have to believe and repent. Do you also have to confess jesus before men (Rom 10:9)?

Why must you do those things if you don't have to do anything?
To believe means to have faith. Faith always speaks. What does it speak? It speaks what it believes....

2Cor 4:13.. We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Without speaking what you believe you have no faith. "Confession is made unto salvation" Believing has nothing to do with the human mind, it has to do with the heart of man. It is with the "heart" that man believes unto righteousness. A lot of Christians will say that "believing" is doing nothing because we don't see with our eyes any motions connected to it., but Jesus said "believing" is "working"!!

John 6:28.. Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
John 6:29.. Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Believing the Word of God Jesus calls a "work". How can believing be called a work? Because believing in something you can not see or feel is completely against all of our five physical senses. Our human mind can not believe in something without some kind of proof of it's existence. A person with faith is required to take a stand against all he knows as truth, and forsake his human thinking and over ride his own mind and trust in his heart. This my friend takes work. This work is hidden from those around us, and seems to be nothing according to appearance, but it is a battle that we must all go through until our minds are renewed with the Word of God.

Staff Member
Believing the Word of God Jesus calls a "work".
Don't mean to split hairs :whistle but......I'd put a comma at the end of Jesus in your above sentence.

For He is the Word, and the work of God was the belief in Him, Jesus.
Which of cause comes by faith, through God's great mercy, by way of grace.

Good posting brother. THANKS!