• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Questions about the Holy Spirit.

Hi Folks, I have heard Christian people sing, pray “ Come Holy Spirit.” In Church meetings and I've been wondering, just what do they mean? And what is meant by the term, ' drinking of the Spirit?
If anyone can help me with these questions I would much appreciate it.

Tonyb :confused:

Tonyb said:
Hi Folks, I have heard Christian people sing, pray “ Come Holy Spirit.” In Church meetings and I've been wondering, just what do they mean? And what is meant by the term, ' drinking of the Spirit?

TonyB: We Christians believe that God is "triune", three "persons" in one. God the Father is the catalyst, God the Son(Jesus Christ) is the triune Godhead in bodily form (Colossians 2:9), and the Holy Spirit is the power of God.

So, when we say "Come, Holy Spirit" or we speak of "drinking the Holy Spirit", we are prayiing for God's Holy Spirit to come in power for Gozd's purposes to be worked in our lives. I hope that makes some sense to you.

The best analogy I can give for the "triune Godhead" is to compare the concept to a hen's egg, which consists of a shell, a yolk, and the egg white. They function individually, but, taken together, they function as a single unit, an egg. God the Fathear, God the Son, and God the Holy Spiorit function individually, but, taken together, they are the triune Godhead (or God).

I will give you right answer

Dear Tony
Holy Spirit is like a dove. He will not just not jump in to all the places, unless He is welcomed. He should be welcomed and then, He will do what God wants us to do.
As we are only man, we cannot please God with our deeds. But Gracious God sent Holy Spirit upon us that we will be able to please God with the help of Holy Spirit through worship, singing, deeds etc.
Holy Spirit is considered as a river, or water in the Bible. When we need His filling much we will sing to Him drinking of the spirit.......
Hope you could clear the doubt.
But I want you to do onething, without asking all the others, ask God himself all these doubts. And pray that God should fill you with the holy spirit. He will definitely give you. god bless you

Last edited:
It was great to receive a reply from a junior member, thankyou for your help. I will certainly take on board what you said.

Bless you,

Tony

Thanks for your reply Ed, It was clear enough. The verses I had in mind when I posted the question was John 7:37-39 where Jesus talks of coming to Him and drinking. And them He speaks of the Holy Spirit flowing from within him like streams of living water. It sounds to me like we are supposed to focus on Jesus and worship Him and as we do the Holy Spirit begins to wells up and flow from with us. I guess the next step would be to minister the anointing that is flowing through us to others? I am still trying to get my head round the drinking bit so I can have the Holy Spirit flow through me in power.

Only the Best

Tonya. That is exactly what i want right now and I had just wrote a post about it.I need this spirit of the Holy Within because I am lost withouot Him. I'll say an Our Father for you and i ask you if it okay that you pray for me t oo. I want to have the comfort of being in His prescence. take care, good thread, amen :present: :rose:

This should..

This below LINK should help you:

[Below link was approved by Chad in accordance with Talk-Jesus rules]

Holy Spirit =
http://www.talkjesus.com/showthread.php?p=37123#post37123

Tonyb said: