• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

question?

Is there anyone out there that I could talk about Jesus to. If there is anyone out there please respond to this thread. If there is let us talk about Jesus some. I have only talked to like three or four people on this board, but I am going to be on this board more often. Please respond to this thread if you want to talk about Jesus.

In Christ,
brooks

Ok let us talk about Jesus then. First let us get to meet and know eachothers beleifs.

mymakersdaughter,
Ok, I will talk scriptures with you. Let us understand one thing, that are religion might not be the same. We can try to agree, but ofcourse we might not agree, but I want to agree. First, I do not beleive in the trinity at all, and I do not beleive it is the right thing, but you might not be a trinity person at all, either. If so we can still talk about Jesus, and we can try to agree on something that ain't the trinity.

If we do not agree on anything then I do not know what to think. Atleest we can try to agree on something.

In Christ,
brooks

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi Brook welcome to Talk Jesus :)

Please tell us a little more about what you believe so we know where your coming from exactly. Do you believe that GOD is one made of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

No, I do not beleive he is three in one, but I beleive that he is one and only one. I do not beleive in the trinity. I will tell you my religion Chad.

My religion is the same as the diciples in the bible. For they beleived in healing,and so do I. If you beleive that some thing will happen,then It will happen.
I beleive that If you give you will receive,and that you reap what you sow. You must love the Lord(Yahweh)and he will love you. You must also go through(beleive in)Jesus Christ(Yahshua)
to get to the Lord almighty.
The Lord almighty(the heavenly father)you must always serve him for he is your master and your king. He rules you,and he loves the whole world even If they sin he still loves them.
I also beleive some othter things too.
It is your own choice to love the Lord and go to his kingdom. You can do bad or good,and can choose anything that you do. You could do something and not do something,it is your choice. You can choose to go to the Lord's kingdom or not go to his kingdom, it is always your decission wether not to do something or to do something.
There is no way you can go to the Lord's kingdom if you do anything, because you would be sinning and still go to the Lord's kingdom without repenting.
So it is your choice,not God's, because when Adam and Eve sinned they were able to do good or evil, it is the same way for everyone. So if it was God's decission we all would be in the Lord's kingdom, not one would be dead or suffering from pain.

That is why I think that you have to choose either to do bad or to do good, because of sin. If there was no sin at all then there would be no death at all, or any pain, hate, or any of those things. You would not have no pride and would not be selfish either. None of these things would happen if you had no choice to choose.
Anyone can be in the kingdom of the Lord, if they chose the right thing, that is if they chose the right thing. The Lord would love us to be able to all be in his kingdom, but it can not happen,because of the sin of man. If there was no sin, then there would be no death,but there is death. So it it your choice to go to the Lord's kingdom or not.
I beleive that there is another babylon out there too.
The new babylon is here,and is begginning to become the same as the old.
After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was made bright by his splendor. He cried out in a powerful voice, "Fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen! She has become a home for demons. She is a prison for every unclean spirit, a prison for every unclean bird, and a prison for every unclean and hated beast.

As I was saying It has a different name,but is just the same.
This new babylon will fall to the ground and turn to rubble and dust.
It will be destroyed,and will be no more,but dirt.
Ask more questions and I will answer them.

Chad I have another question fo you to answer for me.

How can I become a moderater, and get moderater priveleges.

Well brooks I do believe in the Trinity, the Bible is clear in Jn10:30 "The Father and I are one." NRSV That is not disputable, that is from the Bible and does not leave room for negotiation. But most importantly we get our answers from the Bible as it is His truth.
You may also look into reading works by RC Sproll, John MacArthur etc.
I hope that is helpful.
So I would imagine that you do not believe in Predestination then? Things kinda happen by happenstance, God isn't in control that we are...

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Thank you Brooks. As for a moderator, you just joined. I do not apply moderators to anyone that fast anyway.

Please see these verses. These are proof that GOD is made of 3 persons not one. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit. GOD Himself is one GOD, made of 3 persons.

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in [ Or into; see Acts 8:16; 19:5; Romans 6:3; 1 Cor. 1:13; 10:2 and Gal. 3:27.] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 11:27
"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Luke 10:22
"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

Luke 11:13
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, F4 who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 5:19
Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 5:23
Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Psalm 51:11
Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Isaiah 63:10
Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them.

This is just a sample of many spots in the Bible that clearly shows GOD is made of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

brooks, whatcha think of this verse?

EX 6:2 God also said to Moses, "I am the LORD. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them.

He appears t many people. He has talked to me before, but that does not mean that he is three just because he talked to three people.

True. The fact is that in our current fallen state we could never fully comprehend the concept of God. We can attempt too, but it will
never be - we see things as through a foggy glass - one day we will see things clearly, then all mysteries will be made clear.
I believe God is one - the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are forms of the One Divine nature. The Son prayed to the Father, the Father said this is my beloved Son, the Son said wait for the Spirit to come - accept the Son as the one the Father has sent and the Spirit will dwell in you revealing the Divine personality. Christ was an atonement to turn aside the burning wrath
of the Father out of great love for the human race.
The Gospel -"I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. :3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve." 1Corinthians15:1-5

brooks said:
No, I do not beleive he is three in one, but I beleive that he is one and only one. I do not beleive in the trinity.
Brooks just to add to the scriptures that Chad gave you to prove the trinity, there is also a couple more that should tell you that they are One.
2 Crointhians 3:17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty.
and
2 Corinthians 5:19 God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their tresspasses unto them.
There was God and he created man. Man was then separated from God because of sin. God sent His son, God in human form. He lived sinless and died for our sins, telling the disciples that He would then be sending the comforter, the Holy Spirit, to indwell us. Praise the Lord for He is Great!!!
Yours in Him!:rose:
God Bless,Love, Peace, and Prayers,

I do not beleive in the trinity, but you do.
Most of the bible's know days are trying to push trinity.
The real bible did not.

brooks said:
I do not beleive in the trinity, but you do.
Most of the bible's know days are trying to push trinity.
The real bible did not.
ahhhh... but it did Brooke. Who do you think wrote the New Testement and Jesus is the one teaching them that this is what is going to happen after He goes. All of the bibles say the same thing, and have not been changed in their meaning. Someone doesn't just decide to add something to make others believe that. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Yours in Him!:rose:
God Bless,Love, Peace and Prayers,

Who can go to the father but through me?

We cant be apart from the son of man(Jesus) Which is the second Adam, and Know the father, We cant steadfastly walk with Jesus with out the holyspirit. If we are to Truly believe and have faith we must understand that the trinity of god is one in all . Jesus died so the triunion of god would be fulfilled.

Administrator
Staff Member
Just keep in mind brook that GOD speaks Truth in the Bible. Its not man's opinions, not mine or yours just because you believe it or not. It is Truth from GOD. Do you in Jesus? Do you believe in the Holy Spriit? Do you belive in Father in Heaven? If so, this is the one GOD made of these three persons.

Brothersinarmst4g

Brook ... I Hope I Can Help You Along With The Others . Somewhere Along The Way It Seems You Have Been Hurt Or Betrayed By Human Flaws . If You Dont Believe In The Trinity , Than You Have Missed The Whole Thing ! When God Created Man In The Garden , He Did Not Give Him Freedom Of Choice . God Told Him He Could Eat Of Every Tree In The Garden , But He Could Not Eat Of The Tree Of Good And Evil . That Was Gods Perfect Will , But The Bible Says That The Devil Or Serpent Was Crafty And Missleading In His Quest To Destroy Gods Creation . Although The Bible Said Adam Knew What He Was Doing When He Ate , He Did Not Have Understanding Of The Results Until He Ate ! His Eyes Were Opened And Then He Could Understand What Choice Was . The Penalty Was Death And Thats When Blood Sacrifice Began To Be The Price For Sin ! From The Garden Came Murder , And Every Evil Until Even Heavenly Messengers Were Being Corrupted Till The Days Of Noah . God Flooded The Earth And Destroyed All Its Inhabitants In The Form Of Baptisim . Noah Built An Alter And Sacrificed With The Blood Of Animals As Was Required By God . Then God Said That He Would Not Strive With Man Forever And Numberd His Days To 120 Years . It Was Not Choice That Redemed Man From Sin , But Blood . Jesus Was Our Final Blood Sacrifice Unto God And Redemption Was Complete After That . He Sent His Holy Spirit To Reveal The Truth Through His Word So That We Could See What Adam Saw In The Garden And Through Faith In The Shed Blood Of Christ , Be Able To Fellowship With The Father In In Understanding Again . Now In First Peter The Bible Tells Us To Offer Spiritual Sacrifices Unto God . This Means To Forsake Your Choices And Humble Yourselfe Under Gods Word .gods Word Says My People Perish Because Of A Lack Of Understanding . Brother ... Humble Yourselfe As A Child And Ask God To Show You If What I Have Said Is True . I Will Be Praying For You ... Brothersinarmst4g

Brookes,

Hi! It sounds to me like you may come from an Islamic back ground, which is ok. I think there is a whole lots of references towards the trinity throughout the Bible. I have copied an excert from a web site that briefly, but effectively, explain the concept of the trinity. It is hard to understand sometimes, but i think the Father is wanting to reveal Himself to you in a new way.

(from http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/triunity.html)
Jews say that the Shema (pronounced Shmah), "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord"1 contradicts the Christian doctrine that Jesus is God. In addition, there are a number of other verses that proclaim that God is one (see God is One). However, the triunity of God is taught throughout the Old Testament, including the Shema! How can a statement of oneness imply plurality? The word translated "one" from the Hebrew is echad, which demonstrates compound unity of oneness. Specific examples of how echad demonstrates compound unity are found below:

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one [echad] flesh. (Genesis 2:24)

Now the whole earth used the same [echad] language and the same [echad] words. (Genesis 11:1)

And the LORD said, "Behold, they are one [echad] people, and they all have the same [echad] language. And this is what they began to do, and now nothing which they purpose to do will be impossible for them. (Genesis 11:6)

Then we will give you our daughters and take your daughters for ourselves. We'll settle among you and become one [echad] people with you. (Genesis 34:16)

Then Moses came and recounted to the people all the words of the LORD and all the ordinances; and all the people answered with one [echad] voice, and said, "All the words which the LORD has spoken we will do!" (Exodus 24:3)

Then they came to the valley of Eshcol and from there cut down a branch with a single [echad] cluster of grapes; and they carried it on a pole between two men, with some of the pomegranates and the figs. (Numbers 13:23)

The whole [echad] assembly numbered 42,360, (Ezra 2:64)

They will be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them singleness [echad] of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. (Jeremiah 32:38-39)

The Hebrew word translated "God" is the word El or Elohim. Elohim is the plural form of El. The plural form is used 2607 of the 2845 times the word "God" is used in the Old Testament. Not only is word for God usually used in the plural form, but several verses refer to God as "Us":

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." (Genesis 1:26)

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"-- (Genesis 3:22)

"Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech." (Genesis 11:7)

Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:8)

There is much more to be said, but I think this is enough for now.
Blessings!