• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Question - Jesus and Prayer

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

I am doing a study and need to locate the times where Jesus goes by himself to pray. So far I only found one in Matthew 26:29. Can anyone help me?

I am doing a study and need to locate the times where Jesus goes by himself to pray. So far I only found one in Matthew 26:29. Can anyone help me?
The Gosples record many times where Jesus left the croud, or His Disciples to be by Himself, in quiet place to be alone. I believe was alone to talk with His Father. Remember He knwe that extreme pain and the cross were not too far off. I can't imagine how the crouds with all their needs must of placed a gargantuan amount of emotional drain on Him phsyically and on His spirit. Remember Jesus was God, who gave up His Godly Strength, to be guided by the Holy Spirit, He was ievery bit God , and yet totally human. The Bible tells us He became by choice lower than the angles. This is hard for us to fully grasp, but that's when Deuteronomy 29:29 gives us the answer we need..
Please tell me did this help?

Loyal
Possibly in chapter 17 of the book of John, Jesus is not by himself in the flesh for at the end of chapter 16 he was speaking to others, but his prayer to the Father is very clearly very important. Read the entire chapter