• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Putting on the New Man.

Loyal
Putting on the New Man.

Rom 13:14 BUT PUT ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.

Is Jesus like a pair of blue genes that we put on every morning? How is Jesus put on? The spiritual mind does not think in letters or charters that make up words. We think in imagery and pictures.

“A WORD FITLY SPOKEN are like apples of gold in PICTURES OF SILVER” (Pro 25:11)

How many times has someone explained something to us, and we did not understand and then we said, “ Ooh now I see”? As words bring forth imagery, they also bring forth understanding AFTER we see.

Revelation (which means to unveil, to show something once hidden from view but now is seen) that causes a “change” to take place within us. We are now seeing something we never saw before. Only God can give a revelation of his Word. Revelation of the Word of God is a revelation of God himself because God is the Word.

Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, SEEING THAT YE HAVE PUT OFF THE OLD MAN with his deeds;
Col 3:10 And HAVE PUT ON THE NEW MAN, WHICH IS RENEWED IN KNOWLEDGE AFTER THE IMAGE OF HIM that created him:

Putting off the old man comes about only after we see the IMAGE of the new man!!! This renovation (The word “renewed” means renovation, a changing process) “REVELATION KNOWLEDGE” comes after we see the IMAGE of this new man!!! The word, “knowledge here means, ”full discernment”.

When we read the Bible we are gaining knowledge from the words being read, but revelation knowledge comes from the one who spoke them. It's one thing to read what someone has said in the past in the Bible, and it is another to have that person who said them SHOW you what they meant when they said them. This is called revelation knowledge, and it causes a change to take place inside that person who receives it.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but WE KNOW THAT WHEN HE APPEARS WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM, BECAUSE WE SHALL SEE HIM AS HE IS.

How can a person put on the new man (Jesus Christ) unless he first sees the new man?

2Co 3:18 And we all, with UNVEILED FACE, BEHOLDING THE GLORY OF THE LORD, ARE BEING TRANSFORMED INTO THE SAME IMAGE FROM ONE DEGREE OF GLORY TO ANOTHER. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

The question would now be, is Jesus Christ who is now living inside me, is he perfect in me?

When a person becomes born again does he get only 1/16 of Jesus, and then as time goes on get more of him, or does he come in his fullness at the new birth? Can Jesus be sliced up like a piece of pie and handed out slowly over time, and only if we are good? The answer is Jesus Christ lives inside the believer perfectly at conversion.

If Jesus is perfect in me, then why am I NOT acting like him, or being like him? My transforming into the image of Jesus from glory to glory is based on me seeing this person in me who is perfect in every way. No one can imitate another person as we are told to do (Eph 5:1) unless we can see that person first.

1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth HATH NOT SEEN HIM, neither known him.

Jesus only imitated what he saw his Father doing. If Jesus did not see what his Father was doing, who was dwelling in him, then he would have done nothing!!! (John 5:19)

The Holy Spirit and God the Father was so in control of Jesus Christ that Jesus could say, “HE THAT SEETH ME, SEETH THE FATHER.” (John 14:9) Jesus is NOT God the Father, but all of the actions that his father did through Jesus revealed himself outwardly!!!

As a believer, this is also true of us. When Jesus is in control of us we can say he that seeth me seeth Jesus in me. We are NOT Jesus, but he does live inside us in his fullness, and our actions reveal him to others. As Jesus once said.....

Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

What Jesus was saying, "If you don't believe me that my Father is in me, then believe he is in me because of the works he is performing through me who is revealing himself to you"

Seeing brings change which brings knowledge after the image of him who created him. We put off the old man only after we see the new man. Anytime we take something off, it has to be replaced with something else, or in other words, it is the new that replaces the old all at the same time.

We are not slowly becoming more like Jesus, as we are already like him. Our transforming process into his likeness is in our outward actions which are changing from glory to glory as we behold him in us!!! We are decreasing, and he is increasing his control as we grow in the Lord, and in the power of HIS might. It is in our actions that is changing. The inward man is already complete because Jesus Christ in us is perfect!!

As it is written......

James 1:23 For IF ANY BE A HEARER OF THE WORD, AND NOT A DOER, HE IS LIKE UNTO A MAN BEHOLDING HIS NATURAL FACE IN A GLASS: (mirror)
James 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway FORGETTETH WHAT MANNER OF MAN HE WAS.

A man's outwards actions are based on what he see's in the mirror as who he is. If this man “FORGETS” what MANNER of man he is, his actions fail to produce right actions. If we all with unveiled faces are beholding as in a mirror the Glory of God (which is Jesus Christ) we are changed into that same image... (2 Cor 3:18), and all our of actions will match up to who we see we are!!!! Exactly how Jesus only did (actions, imitate) what he SAW his Father doing.

Somebody might say to me, “That's all fine and dandy to you brother Curtis, but how in the world am I suppose to see Jesus so I can be changed?” Jesus himself tells us how!!

John 14:21 HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

How are we supposed to love Jesus? By “KEEPING” his commandments. The word, “KEEPETH” is the Greek word in this verse that means, “TO GUARD, TO PROTECT, TO KEEP YOUR EYE ON”. Guarding, and protecting the Word of God inside the believer is how Jesus said we are to love him.

Guarding and protecting the Word from what? The lusts of other things, the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches as these all can enter in and “CHOKE” the Word from producing it's intended purpose.

Jesus then tells us exactly how he will love us in return if we do this....

“…. he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM. (John 14:21)

The Greek word for “MANIFEST” in this verse means, “TO MAKE APPARENT, CAUSE TO BE SEEN, TO SHOW; TO APPEAR, BE SEEN OPENLY”

Anybody can say I love Jesus, but, the one who truly loves him speaks the truth into his heart, and protects that Word from the things of this world. These people keep their eyes upon the Word, meditate on it all the time. They think it, speak it every day. The results of this is Jesus reveals himself to them, and they are putting him on.

Since Jesus is our perfect example we can look to him and see how he walked. Obviously, Jesus did not put himself on, but he did put on his Father!!! If we are to keep Jesus's word, and as a result, Jesus reveals himself to us. Jesus did exactly the same thing concerning his Father.

John 15:9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
John 15:10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I HAVE KEPT MY FATHER'S COMMANDMENTS AND ABIDE IN HIS LOVE.

Jesus loved his Father by keeping his commandments, and as a result, the Father loved Jesus back by revealing himself to him.

John 5:19 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but ONLY WHAT HE SEES THE FATHER DOING. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.
John 5:20 For THE FATHER LOVES THE SON AND SHOWS HIM ALL THAT HE HIMSELF IS DOING. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel.

Jesus could only do what he saw his father doing!! The father showed his Son what he was doing so the Son would know what his father was going to do through him!!! Jesus put on his father by keeping his commandments in the same way we are to put on the Lord Jesus Christ by keeping his commandments. If we can not see what Jesus is doing today, it is only because we are not loving him by keeping his Word in us!!!