• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Put Out Fires Before They Start

Staff Member
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy. Proverbs 28:13

Tragedy struck a Rhode Island nightclub on this day in 2003, when pyrotechnics from a rock concert ignited a fire that killed one hundred people. The band Great White insisted in their contract that a certain type of fireworks be used, but the club’s safety standards weren’t up to the task, and people died as a result.

Van Halen had a contract rider requiring that no brown M&Ms be found among their green room snacks. Rather than a diva move, it was actually a safeguard: the band knew that if they found brown M&Ms, the venue hadn’t reviewed or abided by the contract. They would then go through the hall with a fine-toothed comb, almost inevitably finding potential safety hazards that would have caused disaster had they gone unaddressed.

Sin works like that in your life, a hidden livewire behind the walls of your life, just waiting to set it aflame and burn you down. Sin progresses like a burning fuse: desire tempts you, then drags you away to do its bidding. Once it has conceived, it gives birth to sin, which grows up and gives birth to death (James 1:13-15).

Whatever temptation beckons you—whether women, status, or wealth—root it out at the point of contact, like a brown M&M you know isn’t supposed to be there.

Loyal
Psa 32:3; When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away Through my groaning all day long.

Jas 5:16; Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

Staff Member
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy. Proverbs 28:13

Tragedy struck a Rhode Island nightclub on this day in 2003, when pyrotechnics from a rock concert ignited a fire that killed one hundred people. The band Great White insisted in their contract that a certain type of fireworks be used, but the club’s safety standards weren’t up to the task, and people died as a result.

Van Halen had a contract rider requiring that no brown M&Ms be found among their green room snacks. Rather than a diva move, it was actually a safeguard: the band knew that if they found brown M&Ms, the venue hadn’t reviewed or abided by the contract. They would then go through the hall with a fine-toothed comb, almost inevitably finding potential safety hazards that would have caused disaster had they gone unaddressed.

Sin works like that in your life, a hidden livewire behind the walls of your life, just waiting to set it aflame and burn you down. Sin progresses like a burning fuse: desire tempts you, then drags you away to do its bidding. Once it has conceived, it gives birth to sin, which grows up and gives birth to death (James 1:13-15).

Whatever temptation beckons you—whether women, status, or wealth—root it out at the point of contact, like a brown M&M you know isn’t supposed to be there.

Greetings,

I suppose it is all relevant to the importance one puts in the event and what there is to lose?

Bless you ....><>