• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Psychological factors that cause Homosexuality

I'm getting a better understanding as to how Jesus felt when the people just didn't get it. It's heart breaking to say the very least.

Whew, my computer is burning up after I read the disagreement between you and Julie. I never knew you could actually feel as well as read a cat fight on the computer. I have a clear winner in mind but I don't want to alienate either of you. I love each of you and your minds as well. I guess if anything is learned in the shadow of God then it will turn out to be beneficial in the end.That goes for me also.
I have learned one thing for sure in 66 years; it is a waste of energy, time and concern to have fights about the Bible and what it says.I think people need to state their belief and then have confidence in God's final judgment, whatever it may be on that day, and so I walk away secure in my belief. A word to the wise is sufficient. For instance I believe it is so very wrong in God's eyes to be a homo or lesbian and I feel ok with my belief; enough that I am convinced that I am right. If another is not convinced I walk away confident but not puffed up. God has the final judgment, not me. If I am secure in my believe then that is enough for me.

Whew, my computer is burning up after I read the disagreement between you and Julie. I never knew you could actually feel as well as read a cat fight on the computer. I have a clear winner in mind but I don't want to alienate either of you. I love each of you and your minds as well. I guess if anything is learned in the shadow of God then it will turn out to be beneficial in the end.That goes for me also.
I have learned one thing for sure in 66 years; it is a waste of energy, time and concern to have fights about the Bible and what it says.I think people need to state their belief and then have confidence in God's final judgment, whatever it may be on that day, and so I walk away secure in my belief. A word to the wise is sufficient. For instance I believe it is so very wrong in God's eyes to be a homo or lesbian and I feel ok with my belief; enough that I am convinced that I am right. If another is not convinced I walk away confident but not puffed up. God has the final judgment, not me. If I am secure in my believe then that is enough for me.
I'm just wondering where the religious tolerance and tolerance in general for what others believe has gone. I was raised on this since a very young age and it's like a backbone for me now.

I'm just wondering where the religious tolerance and tolerance in general for what others believe has gone. I was raised on this since a very young age and it's like a backbone for me now.

I am tolerate????? You must have misunderstood what I wrote. It sounds like MAYBE you need to be tolerate of my or other beliefs. It goes both way, you know. Don't you think? Or, do you believe that I must "understand" your beliefs before you consider me "tolerate." I do not prescribe to the wisdom of the progressives or the world....only to the wisdom of what God exposes though to Bible. I could be wrong but God would have to tell me that. If you don't stand for something.........you will fall for anything.

I am tolerate????? You must have misunderstood what I wrote. It sounds like MAYBE you need to be tolerate of my or other beliefs. It goes both way, you know. Don't you think? Or, do you believe that I must "understand" your beliefs before you consider me "tolerate." I do not prescribe to the wisdom of the progressives or the world....only to the wisdom of what God exposes though to Bible. I could be wrong but God would have to tell me that. If you don't stand for something.........you will fall for anything.
Umm I was talking more in general like in the world. I never said you are intolerant . I honestly don't care what you believe you are entitled to it.

Active
"honestly don't care what you believe you are entitled to it" Hmmmm... And THAT is one of the top 3 problems with THIS corrupt world now.

We're all trout swimming up stream just to die before we learn about God & the love he has for us. Once we are aware of God & his love we learn the facts (Gods rules of rights from wrongs all written in the Bible) we go against the currant. It's a fight & tiring & even a struggle but we still do our best to avoid going along with what we were raised to do. My mom was a serious drunk & anyone that knows about drunks also know that's there is a lot that comes with drunks - But anywho, I was taught that getting hammered was not a bad thing to do with your extra money, time or energy. I was raised around it my entire life. So by that logic I'm entitled to get drunk because well, I was raised around it right? Here is my thing now: I don't care how many times someone tells me that the color red is really blue - I KNOW that it's red. GOD has given me discernment as one of my gifts. I'm NOT a very nice person without God. Had it not been for God forgiving me & delivering me from my self created madness I would most likely have a prison number by now.

I have noticed that most of the people in this forum are part of the body of Christ, no doubt about it. But some come as wolves in sheep's clothing lingering around while attempting to alter what God has taught his body. They will begin with creative words & even be soft spoken some are even inquisitive. They will be correct some of the time with what they learn but then the unfolding begins a little this is how I was raised comes up, I was taught this from my pastor, I have only known of it being understood like this that or the third... Gods body has a defense mechanism installed as soon as we accept him as our Lord & savior, turn from our sins (at least do our best to give it all we got EVERY DAY) A TRUE follower of Christ is given what I like to call the Red Light Alarm system. I will read scriptures & watch videos on Jesus & biblical ways & as soon as I hear or see something that is not of God, meant for God my Red Light goes berserk.

People thinking that they are "entitled" to something IS exactly like saying people are "entitled to be gay" "entitled to steal" entitled to molest" entitled to kill" entitled to believe in Wicca, satanism, or the like" "entitled to blah blah blah"... OF COURSE it might seem 'harmless' but to whose standards?? If we Christians go by society's standards we're going to hell. If we go by how we were raised chances are ... we're going to hell. BUT if we ask God to reprogram us to live by HIS standards (& chances are God does this without having to be asked) we're going to be at that table with God himself. NOT because we tiptoed around his truth, not because we based our belief on feelings or emotions. Oh NO, no no... We're Christians NOT pansies. We're God's front line soldiers NOT saps that say "oh sorry I hurt your feelings with the Bibles truths" pushovers. We're not going to sugar coat his word, we're not bending on our faith to pacify someones dainty feelings, Nor will we be giving in by allowing someone who is claiming the same title as us TRUE Christians by saying "ya know hey, believe whatever you want because you're entitled to it" NO!! We are NOT politically correct. We are NOT going to say things that please most people. We're not human welcome mats. WE ARE BEING PREPPED FOR WAR! The war that is going on outside our front doors RIGHT NOW.

I can't ever say (now) that I don't care what someone believes when it comes to God & his word... I've tried & I can't. God is INSIDE ME & HE won't allow it. Trust me when I say this - Had it not been for God yanking me out of my madness I wouldn't even take the time to tell someone they were about to get hit by a train. I'm a Christian now - ALL GLORY TO GOD & We are handed jobs to do. Our job is to spread the truth no matter whose feelings get hurt. The truth is the truth & the Truth is God's whether we like it or not!

Long story short Proverbs 9:8 Don’t rebuke a mocker or he will hate you. Rebuke a wise person, and he will love you. 9 Counsel a wise man, and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man, and he will add to his learning. 10 The fear of the LORD is where wisdom begins, and knowing holiness demonstrates understanding.

I'll end it with that...

Praise God all ways, always

"honestly don't care what you believe you are entitled to it" Hmmmm... And THAT is one of the top 3 problems with THIS corrupt world now.

We're all trout swimming up stream just to die before we learn about God & the love he has for us. Once we are aware of God & his love we learn the facts (Gods rules of rights from wrongs all written in the Bible) we go against the currant. It's a fight & tiring & even a struggle but we still do our best to avoid going along with what we were raised to do. My mom was a serious drunk & anyone that knows about drunks also know that's there is a lot that comes with drunks - But anywho, I was taught that getting hammered was not a bad thing to do with your extra money, time or energy. I was raised around it my entire life. So by that logic I'm entitled to get drunk because well, I was raised around it right? Here is my thing now: I don't care how many times someone tells me that the color red is really blue - I KNOW that it's red. GOD has given me discernment as one of my gifts. I'm NOT a very nice person without God. Had it not been for God forgiving me & delivering me from my self created madness I would most likely have a prison number by now.

I have noticed that most of the people in this forum are part of the body of Christ, no doubt about it. But some come as wolves in sheep's clothing lingering around while attempting to alter what God has taught his body. They will begin with creative words & even be soft spoken some are even inquisitive. They will be correct some of the time with what they learn but then the unfolding begins a little this is how I was raised comes up, I was taught this from my pastor, I have only known of it being understood like this that or the third... Gods body has a defense mechanism installed as soon as we accept him as our Lord & savior, turn from our sins (at least do our best to give it all we got EVERY DAY) A TRUE follower of Christ is given what I like to call the Red Light Alarm system. I will read scriptures & watch videos on Jesus & biblical ways & as soon as I hear or see something that is not of God, meant for God my Red Light goes berserk.

People thinking that they are "entitled" to something IS exactly like saying people are "entitled to be gay" "entitled to steal" entitled to molest" entitled to kill" entitled to believe in Wicca, satanism, or the like" "entitled to blah blah blah"... OF COURSE it might seem 'harmless' but to whose standards?? If we Christians go by society's standards we're going to hell. If we go by how we were raised chances are ... we're going to hell. BUT if we ask God to reprogram us to live by HIS standards (& chances are God does this without having to be asked) we're going to be at that table with God himself. NOT because we tiptoed around his truth, not because we based our belief on feelings or emotions. Oh NO, no no... We're Christians NOT pansies. We're God's front line soldiers NOT saps that say "oh sorry I hurt your feelings with the Bibles truths" pushovers. We're not going to sugar coat his word, we're not bending on our faith to pacify someones dainty feelings, Nor will we be giving in by allowing someone who is claiming the same title as us TRUE Christians by saying "ya know hey, believe whatever you want because you're entitled to it" NO!! We are NOT politically correct. We are NOT going to say things that please most people. We're not human welcome mats. WE ARE BEING PREPPED FOR WAR! The war that is going on outside our front doors RIGHT NOW.

I can't ever say (now) that I don't care what someone believes when it comes to God & his word... I've tried & I can't. God is INSIDE ME & HE won't allow it. Trust me when I say this - Had it not been for God yanking me out of my madness I wouldn't even take the time to tell someone they were about to get hit by a train. I'm a Christian now - ALL GLORY TO GOD & We are handed jobs to do. Our job is to spread the truth no matter whose feelings get hurt. The truth is the truth & the Truth is God's whether we like it or not!

Long story short Proverbs 9:8 Don’t rebuke a mocker or he will hate you. Rebuke a wise person, and he will love you. 9 Counsel a wise man, and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man, and he will add to his learning. 10 The fear of the LORD is where wisdom begins, and knowing holiness demonstrates understanding.

I'll end it with that...

Praise God all ways, always
Well that is how you choose to live life and that is wonderful I am happy for you that you have found peace. I also have a red flag system that goes off and I always try to avoid making a place have a hostile tone. We are also always still learning. Have a nice day

Well that is how you choose to live life and that is wonderful I am happy for you that you have found peace. I also have a red flag system that goes off and I always try to avoid making a place have a hostile tone. We are also always still learning. Have a nice day

Sweetie, be honest with yourself. When I think of the subterfuge of all the people in my younger days that always saw only one side of tolerance I chuckle to myself. I went to a Liberal College. I used to be so open minded that I became closed minded. I hope you save yourself a lot of time and become so secure about what you believe (what ever it is) that it will not bother you IF another has an opposing view. I am not patronizing you. I think too much you for that. I just want the best for you..... less stress and less of a confrontational life. You owe yourself that. Life is too short..

I don't care if someone has an opposing view. What I do have a problem with is when they are alright with people getting their feelings hurt. You learn that from a very young age that its wrong to hurt people or at least I did. I have Anxiety so stress is just something I have to deal with at times and sometimes it gets to me more then other times and talking about religion seems to make it worse once in a while. I guess because tension is high then.

Also just a tip using bold words and all caps can be seen as shouting and that can make people angry. It may also make some people feel threatened for the same reason I suppose.

I'm allowed to get angry and judge people once in a while also. This thread has grown toxic to me though so I'm done.
Bye

Active
Simon Peter, also known as Cephas (John 1:42), was one of the first followers of Jesus Christ. He was an outspoken and ardent disciple, one of Jesus’ closest friends, an apostle, and a “pillar” of the church (Galatians 2:9). Peter was enthusiastic, strong-willed, impulsive, and, at times, brash. But for all his strengths, Peter had several failings in his life. Still, the Lord who chose him continued to mold him into exactly who He intended Peter to be

I guess I'm like Simon Peter. What an honor!

I don't care if someone has an opposing view. What I do have a problem with is when they are alright with people getting their feelings hurt. You learn that from a very young age that its wrong to hurt people or at least I did. I have Anxiety so stress is just something I have to deal with at times and sometimes it gets to me more then other times and talking about religion seems to make it worse once in a while. I guess because tension is high then.

Also just a tip using bold words and all caps can be seen as shouting and that can make people angry. It may also make some people feel threatened for the same reason I suppose.

I'm allowed to get angry and judge people once in a while also. This thread has grown toxic to me though so I'm done.
Bye

Don't say bye. Believe it or not I am a lot like you. We can talk and share and I want hurt your feelings for anything and you want mine. I promise. Let's grow together, ok . I have a feeling, now this will sound funny, that you are precious.

Don't say bye. Believe it or not I am a lot like you. We can talk and share and I want hurt your feelings for anything and you want mine. I promise. Let's grow together, ok . I have a feeling, now this will sound funny, that you are precious.
Precious in what way? We can talk if you really feel like it.

Precious in what way? We can talk if you really feel like it.

A young person that has the possibilities of effecting a lot of others for many years and I KNOW, when it comes down to it, in a positive way. I am confident we can effect each others in a beneficial way for the Lord. I feel that God will use you because He loves you soooooooo much. I can just feel it......and Lord knows that I am not just saying that.

A young person that has the possibilities of effecting a lot of others for many years and I KNOW, when it comes down to it, in a positive way. I am confident we can effect each others in a beneficial way for the Lord. I feel that God will use you because He loves you soooooooo much. I can just feel it......and Lord knows that I am not just saying that.
In that case what would you like to talk about?

In that case what would you like to talk about?

You approach to what you have in front of you.....a life that could change so much for the better. To be a Mosogandry leader of the future......neither a man nor a woman hater but who is a leader that believes in the celebration of the differences of others but in a Christian way and in the spirit of good will.

I looked up Mosogandry and the only places I have found it used are on here and another forum. Is this in the dictionary? I asked in the Chriatian chat room I use and no one has heard it either so far.

I looked up Mosogandry and the only places I have found it used are on here and another forum. Is this in the dictionary? I asked in the Chriatian chat room I use and no one has heard it either so far.

It is a word I came up with. It is compilation of the word Misogamy meaning a hatred or disdain of women and Misandry the same about men.Only the sexes could live together in relative peace but celebrate their difference and not their sameness. Men do not compete with women and women do not want to be as men. This is a heterosexual concept where women are respected as women and the men as the stronger sex must never mistreat women out of respect for them being themselves. Women respect men for being themselves also. It focuses on harmony and promoting family values and not on self-centeredness and a more focus on causes that are greater than themselves..........example National prides.
This may seem like an old concept but it focuses more on mutual respect and what works best. I think we as a whole have gotten away from harmony in the name of equality Equality not so much unlike what Lucifer wanted in Heaven and what he was kicked out for in his fall from grace..
I must admit that,in my opinion,men were the first to get off target by taken women so for granted that women thought they must re-define themselves.In this view women do not need to redefine themselves but it is more that men need not be Ogre in order to create and continue the example for the sexes set by God.
What do you think of all this?

From what I know Bi sexual people like both sexes. I'm not saying more on it because in not 100% sure and I like to have my facts strait before I say anything.

Don't be fooled............anything but a man and woman is stupid and foolish and has no common sense in the end. It is like a bee following a dirt dauber for comfort. They have different stingers and do not know if it is pollen they like or dirt. Even if it is the queen that follows it will all end in a lack in personality and population. If a drone follows no one will carry a big stick to swipe away the spiders webs.

Don't be fooled............anything but a man and woman is stupid and foolish and has no common sense in the end. It is like a bee following a dirt dauber for comfort. They have different stingers and do not know if it is pollen they like or dirt. Even if it is the queen that follows it will all end in a lack in personality and population. If a drone follows no one will carry a big stick to swipe away the spiders webs.
I see that is quite the opinion there but I respect it none the less. As I said before I do not know enough about it to personally say anything for it or against it.

I see that is quite the opinion there but I respect it none the less. As I said before I do not know enough about it to personally say anything for it or against it.

I know for a for a fact that men that hang around holes in stales at rest stops waiting for a ***** to stick through does not really reflect the development of love no matter what is said. Do you? Neither is it when a woman hates a men......which usually follows a lesbians way of thinking. The last time I looked the Bible (and common sense) tells you that anyone or group of people should not think of themselves too highly and this life style certainly does that as well as spreading hatred. Not to mention that the group of people that put their so-called "liberties" above the democratic process. You know, when the supreme Court pushed by a lesbian overrode the will of the people in 37 states. The will of the majority in the 37 states were overturned. The rights of the majority was overruled by only 3% of the total population of the United states.That should tell you how un-American and selfish that kind of "love" is. Also, this does foster the loosening up of any kind of morals. It also increase the likely of STD's.

I could go on and on. The main thing here is to not do everything that comes to mind and then rationalize it to be proper etc. It's called discipline.

Active

There is no such word.