• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Protests white christian racism

Loyal
Another political statement, giving us a another referendum, politics as usual. Like the President has the power to defuse or infuse racism.

People with so much partial history concerning "Political and Biblical historical politics' make you want to laugh sometimes.

1st. GOD is "Sovereign", Then 1st. again, when Jesus rose from the grave, the Scripture says: "He received "ALL POWER" not some, but "ALL" in Heaven and on EARTH! God sets up leaders according to what HE wants not what we want. God sets up rulers and leader according to His plan! No matter what a 'Human being might think or understand, and His methods is beyond our understanding. But I do know, He did say: occupy until I return and try to live peacefully if possible with all men. That command is given to His people, we are responsible, doing our everyday living and voice exchange with the people we encounter. Jesus drew crowds, Paul drew crowds, Stephen drew crowds, Peter and John, Drew, crowds, that caused civil unrest. "They have turn the world upside down" by this doctrine, causing riots everywhere they go!

But it still does not cease to amaze me, that Christians, thinks that the patterns of GOD concerning this world and how He wants it to be is fashion like the thoughts of man. And God is sure not interested into making it a better place, but a shaping one, for that which is to be.
Shalom

Active
I agree with Ploughboy, All in authority are chosen by God. We are called to pray for them, If Christians were to do that, then maybe the choices they make would be different. On the other hand, it could be, the choices they make are the choices God has in mind. Margaret Renkl claims that Christians capture, beat, rape, and steal babies. People who do that are not Christian and for her to say that is despicable. We have been told, that in the last days all these things will happen. If they didn't we would be doubting our faith, but they are and so we should be praising the name of Jesus because two thousand years after he prophesied these things, they are happening. Hallelujah. And what's all this about white Christians, Christians come from man, made in God's image, and we come in all colours. I am ashamed that I am, like many, gullible and I get drawn into the rights and wrongs of racial politics. At my age, and with my faith, I should know better. The world is on a journey that will culminate at Armageddon, on that journey the world will turn on us and many will reject us and persecute us. I pray that we are given the Grace to withstand what is to come. If we don't let go of petty squabbles, and start standing on the Word, we are going to be hard pushed to survive.

Loyal
I think the idea with many such statements though some get a little misguided, is the sentiment, that
many Christians don't speak up on racism and seem to turn a blind eye to it. As if it is a necessary evil.

For example with poverty, Jesus said you will always have the poor with you, but the Bible encourages feeding
the poor. Racism will always be with us, but God says he is a God of justice, and many people of color
do not receive justice.

With that I agree, the dominant culture (Christians of the West) has failed tremendously in that area. But there is hope.
God is good and He creates beauty from ashes, and I see beautiful things coming forth
as many are forced to acknowledge injustice and though it is very uncomfortable
(because it cause them to look within) it is necessary.

Loyal
For example an unborn baby will lose its life due to abortion and many will protest and march(which they should).

But a Black man gets murdered and many stay silent. Some say well he deserves
it (because they see most blacks as criminals), others feel that the police are always right
and can't understand that racism is real, other support the murder which is why they are silent,
and others just feel uncomfortable talking about race because it leads to a place that they are not
comfortable going (or it might expose them), others can't relate because they don't experience
racism routinely like most Blacks do, so they keep silent.

I think that is why many are upset.

Loyal
The last thing I'll say is this.

Romans 12:15 "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn."

Many people are mourning and I think it is Christ-like to mourn with them.
I'll end there. Hopefully that makes sense.

Loyal
Jesus tackled racist attitudes directly. The key dividing line was not between black and white, but between the Jews and the nations.

One of the stories he told expounded his idea of neighborliness to a young teacher of the law. In it, a man is beaten and left for dead. Two prominent religious leaders pass him by, but a religious and ethnic outsider comes to his rescue.

Jesus is clearly looking for people who are willing to make a sacrifice across racial divides for the sake of suffering people. It's about action, not just good thoughts and good intentions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
I think the idea with many such statements though some get a little misguided, is the sentiment, that
many Christians don't speak up on racism and seem to turn a blind eye to it. As if it is a necessary evil.

For example with poverty, Jesus said you will always have the poor with you, but the Bible encourages feeding
the poor. Racism will always be with us, but God says he is a God of justice, and many people of color
do not receive justice.

With that I agree, the dominant culture (Christians of the West) has failed tremendously in that area. But there is hope.
God is good and He creates beauty from ashes, and I see beautiful things coming forth
as many are forced to acknowledge injustice and though it is very uncomfortable
(because it cause them to look within) it is necessary.
In Britain, we have a problem, we can't, as white people talk to the black population because as soon as we do, we are told that we can have nothing to say because we have white privilege and because of that we can never understand the pressure that black people have to contend with. Tell that to the white guy sleeping in a doorway in a city centre, Tell that to the white person who is about to lose their home because they have just lost their income because of coronavirus. And if our country is a white privilege country that is terrible for black people to live in, why are black people risking their lives to cross the English channel, probably the most dangerous in the world to get to this terrible country. An old black lady approached a black lives matter organiser and asked him; If black lives matter, why have you just destroyed my shop. This country has always been a place where strangers have been welcomed, however people are now becoming angry. Young Black youths are shooting each other in our streets, young Asians are riding small motor cycles on pavements whipping phones out of the hands of people and riding off, there are Asian men grooming our young women and then raping them and passing them around their comunities, and all the while this is going on more and more are entering our country. Not to mention the attacks on our streets by Muslim extremists who seem to want to kill us. It's not the black people who are getting hammered in Britain, it's the whites. My sister used to live in Norbury, that used to be a sort after area of London, black people started to buy the properties in her street, eventually she became the final white person in the street and then as she would come home from work, she was menaced by young black youths, until she finally left. These stories are never mentioned, the media ignore it. Black people can do as they please the left has taken up their cause and they can riot while the police stand by and watch, the police even bend a knee in solidarity. See, I told you I get drawn into racial politics. Bless em all.

Loyal
Jesus tackled racist attitudes directly. The key dividing line was not between black and white, but between the Jews and the nations.

One of the stories he told expounded his idea of neighborliness to a young teacher of the law. In it, a man is beaten and left for dead. Two prominent religious leaders pass him by, but a religious and ethnic outsider comes to his rescue.

Jesus is clearly looking for people who are willing to make a sacrifice across racial divides for the sake of suffering people. It's about aaction, not just good thoughts and good intentions.

Amen, well said.

I agree the enemy (devil) wants to divide us and uses race as a tool. Unity under the love of Christ is essential.
There is one race, the human race; however when people feel attacked they will form groups due to common struggles.
Women, age, etc, etc. We are all equal, and I think standing up for the oppressed helps them to not feel the need to hide
in their groups for protection (women, culture, etc). But if we don't stand with the oppressed the will continue to run for
protection in the homogeneous groups of people who can identify with their struggle.

Loyal
there are Asian men grooming our young women and then raping them and passing them

I can't speak to Britian because I don't live there I'm here in the USA so I'm not too familiar with the culture there.

But based on what you said, I see that you identify along racial lines. You speak of "Our women" and you speak of
"them".

Another individual could have easily chosen to draw lines based on religion or sex(m and f), but interesting you choose
to identify with a certain group and see others as outsiders. I think that speaks to the situation as well.

I agree with you that often times "White people" are shouted down when they want to engage in the discussion.
Which as an African American male, I believe is wrong. I think sometimes the lack of empathy pulls out the anger.
Just how women get upset when men were not understanding why there was a ME2 movement relating to sexual
harrassment.

Personally as an African American who identifies first as a Christian (I was born in Liberia, now living in USA), I'm
not looking towards a "White savior" (no offense) to solve the problem of racism. For me, this isn't my home,
in heaven there will be no racism. I'm a pilgrim passing through this world of sin. While here I will shine the light of
Christ and make disciples for him and feed the sick, clothe the naked, and stand for the oppressed. Too many distractions
to get us divided and fighting. Draw people to Jesus and he will make straight their paths.

Loyal
I am going to address this by this perspective in regard to post# 8
I find it hard and to understand my christian brothers or sisters understanding the meaning when the term of "The Samaritan" or Samaritan is use, especially in regards to the Jews. And i can somewhat understand why. As i did a search on Samaritans, i had to look very hard, for the true meaning in which the New Testament tries to attest to in flavor with The Jews. This was one of the "prerequisite" of New Testament studies, 1979 class of meaning studies for me. who was the Samaritans and how they came to be. In which the process continue repeats itself as you read your bible from from to back to front. You see the flavor of their ancestry and the makeup and the panoramic mix of their nature. From which Tribe of Judah that they came from and the Assyrians they blended with.

And when you read the text, about the Samaritan stopping to help, how could this be, from a race that was so bad of its total Historical makeup, and the Levite, and the priest and the Jew, past the wounded man and would not help in fear of his own life. When you know the stories of the people that consists in the Bible how GOD has tied all of it together into so many ribbons.

finally a quote from Don Steward:
Who were the Samaritans?

During the ministry of Jesus there was contact with a group of people known as the Samaritans. The Samaritans were half-Jew, half-Gentile. The race came about after the Assyrian captivity of the northern kingdom of Israel in 721 B.C. Certain people from the nation of Israel stayed behind. These people intermarried with the Assyrians producing the Samaritans.
They Had No Dealings With The Jews

The Samaritans were a group of people who lived in Samaria - an area north of Jerusalem. They were half-Jews and half-Gentiles. When Assyria captured the northern kingdom of Israel in 721 B.C. some were taken in captivity while others left behind. The ones left behind intermarried with the Assyrians. Thus these people were neither fully Hebrews nor fully Gentiles. The Samaritans had their own unique copy of the first five books of Scripture as well as their own unique system of worship. At the time of Jesus the Jews and the Samaritans did not deal with one another. Jesus, however, ministered to the people of Samaria preaching the good news to them.

That is a short snapshot. when you know their history and what tribe of Judah they came from it will also add flavor to the text.

Active
I can't speak to Britian because I don't live there I'm here in the USA so I'm not too familiar with the culture there.

But based on what you said, I see that you identify along racial lines. You speak of "Our women" and you speak of
"them".

Another individual could have easily chosen to draw lines based on religion or sex(m and f), but interesting you choose
to identify with a certain group and see others as outsiders. I think that speaks to the situation as well.

I agree with you that often times "White people" are shouted down when they want to engage in the discussion.
Which as an African American male, I believe is wrong. I think sometimes the lack of empathy pulls out the anger.
Just how women get upset when men were not understanding why there was a ME2 movement relating to sexual
harassment.

Personally as an African American who identifies first as a Christian (I was born in Liberia, now living in USA), I'm
not looking towards a "White savior" (no offense) to solve the problem of racism. For me, this isn't my home,
in heaven there will be no racism. I'm a pilgrim passing through this world of sin. While here I will shine the light of
Christ and make disciples for him and feed the sick, clothe the naked, and stand for the oppressed. Too many distractions
to get us divided and fighting. Draw people to Jesus and he will make straight their paths.
Hi Jesus is Lord, It's not easy to see humanity as a family when half of the family see you as privileged and, as such, an enemy. If a person of any colour approaches me in need, I will, if it is in my power, meet it. The Lord has never left me without and I will never leave anyone without, wherever they come from. I am eighteen months off eighty. In the nineteen fifties, there were race riots in Brixton, an area of London predominantly black. I was fifteen and I decided to show solidarity with my black brothers and I am not being facetious in calling them brothers I meant it. I went to Brixton and went into a cafe run by black people, I was made to sit on the floor. I didn't bother my black brothers after that. Over the years I've worked with a few black guys and found them friendly and amiable. I don't have a problem with anyone. I am now, and have been for over fifty years, a street musician and working on the street I meet the world and I like the world. However, when it comes to what's happening in Britain, I have eyes and I see what's happening and to deny it would be less than honest. There are many black guys and girls who really value the freedom that they find in Britain and they, when they find the opportunity voice it, so all is not lost. There are however organisations such as black lives matter that are, along with antifa, militant and they have an agenda that is not peaceful. If the country continue to appease these organisations, as they are doing, it will be to their detriment.

Last edited:
Loyal
In Britain, we have a problem, we can't, as white people talk to the black population because as soon as we do, we are told that we can have nothing to say because we have white privilege and because of that we can never understand the pressure that black people have to contend with.
Not true. I had a good conversation only today with black colleagues about the effects of the protests on them and their families and friends.

Of course I'll never fully understand tthe black British experience, but that does not stop me being understanding in my approach.

Loyal
is it kind of ironic, peace and freedom only comes by war and fightings, then, temporal cease fire.
Pharaoh and Moses, Promise land and Jews, China and Japan, Hitler and the world, Brits and the Colony's,, Roman Catholics and the Reformation, American Colony's and The Indigenous Americans, Why, they just can come to gether and just talk it over. Right, it seems blood has to be shed first! It seems people do not listen until blood and unrest speaks first in this world. And as I understand it from a Biblical view, when Jesus himself returns, talks is not going to get it done but blood is going to run. Now if God's peace talks is not going to get it, war will have to begin again. People do not understand, when man fell, that human became a "BEAST" the man and the female! Not only will they kill, they will extinct a whole race or will wipe out a entire species and think nothing about it. and if they had the power, they would kill GOD himself. Mankind became a kingdom of Beasts when he fell and would Kill his own creator. and rejoice in doing so.

Active
Not true. I had a good conversation only today with black colleagues about the effects of the protests on them and their families and friends.

Of course I'll never fully understand tthe black British experience, but that does not stop me being understanding in my approach.
I'm not saying there isn't black people who are willing to share their understandings Hekuran, I know there is, but if you can't see what I am talking about regarding white privilege then you must be going around with your head in the sand. Bless you.

Loyal
I'm not saying there isn't black people who are willing to share their understandings Hekuran, I know there is, but if you can't see what I am talking about regarding white privilege then you must be going around with your head in the sand. Bless you.
I don't think my head is in the sand. I've lived in ethnically diverse neighbourhoods, church and workplaces for the past 25 years. No-one has ever shut me down due to white privilege.

Active
I don't think my head is in the sand. I've lived in ethnically diverse neighbourhoods, church and workplaces for the past 25 years. No-one has ever shut me down due to white privilege.
I believe that you're an honest person Hekuran,, so I don't doubt your experience. I live where there are no black people so the only experience I have, is the people I see and hear on the media, As you're in London and in the fray, so as to speak, I'll bow to your superior knowledge and pray that the media begin to give more balanced views in future. bless you.

Loyal
In Britain, we have a problem, we can't, as white people talk to the black population because as soon as we do, we are told that we can have nothing to say because we have white privilege and because of that we can never understand the pressure that black people have to contend with. Tell that to the white guy sleeping in a doorway in a city centre, Tell that to the white person who is about to lose their home because they have just lost their income because of coronavirus. And if our country is a white privilege country that is terrible for black people to live in, why are black people risking their lives to cross the English channel, probably the most dangerous in the world to get to this terrible country. An old black lady approached a black lives matter organiser and asked him; If black lives matter, why have you just destroyed my shop. This country has always been a place where strangers have been welcomed, however people are now becoming angry. Young Black youths are shooting each other in our streets, young Asians are riding small motor cycles on pavements whipping phones out of the hands of people and riding off, there are Asian men grooming our young women and then raping them and passing them around their comunities, and all the while this is going on more and more are entering our country. Not to mention the attacks on our streets by Muslim extremists who seem to want to kill us. It's not the black people who are getting hammered in Britain, it's the whites. My sister used to live in Norbury, that used to be a sort after area of London, black people started to buy the properties in her street, eventually she became the final white person in the street and then as she would come home from work, she was menaced by young black youths, until she finally left. These stories are never mentioned, the media ignore it. Black people can do as they please the left has taken up their cause and they can riot while the police stand by and watch, the police even bend a knee in solidarity. See, I told you I get drawn into racial politics. Bless em all.
Just to show a little more light, if I am permitted: Addressing similar cases as the little old lady who shop was destroyed. "What happens when you have a "Big Pot" of Soup on the stove and the fire is turn on high and you pay not attention as it sits on the burner? It boils and boils until it boils over! And if your are in another room, Lord have have mercy! What a mess, and all of the surroundings have fell victims!

The Call of Jeremiah
…12“You have observed correctly,” said the LORD, “for I am watching over My word to accomplish it.” 13Again the word of the LORD came to me, inquiring, “What do you see?” “I see a boiling pot,” I replied, “and it is tilting away from the north.” 14Then the LORD said to me, “Disaster from the north will be poured out on all who live in the land.…

Isn't it amazing how when you read others words, how the WORD of GOD flourish through out your being, words and stories come to mind, as a great link that all roads leads to eternal life! The more we suffer because of injustices of all kinds the most glorious is the crown!!! For every wounding word, aloud, and n secret , for what has been done in the dark shall come to light. Every thought every word that has been launch against each and everyone of us! Shall receive their just reward! Be sure of this, GOD does not lie! "So be slow to speak and quick to hear" and chose our words wisely and who they are directed to. 'Show me a wise man" "Show me a wise women" " Be very careful, you brothers and sisters of "Joesph" for your Father stands at the Door and He hears every word!

Your brother, in Christ. For we are "Pilgrims, Travelers, in a Foreign land".