• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Prosperity Preachers

Gods only purpose for us is to make us God sufficient, not self sufficient.

I know that statement does`nt tickle the ears. It goes agianst the grain of teaching of every prosperity preacher on the planet. They parade on the worlds stage clothed in silken suits and tell you GOD has given them wealth and fame because of their sacrifice, and GOD will do the same for you, if you give your money to Him.

The message the world accepts and loves is one of self suffiency, on google alone you will find that phrase 8,610,000 times and counting. What a wonderful ideal, to not have need of anything. If we were going to have to live only in this world, with no eternity in view, perhaps so. But i`m here to tell you, self sufficiency is counter to all God Is, and what His Word teaches, and for anyone who believes there is a heaven to gain, you had better shun this teaching lest you become deceived by it!

Listen closely to the Words of Jesus Christ;

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

There is three things (underestimated count for sure) that are very wrong with teaching prosperity to the followers of Christ.

First, its telling you God wants you to have treasure on earth, but what does God have to say?

Luk 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Treasure in heaven? That`s a wonderful promise, but God must want us to have treasures on earth too! Whats that verse about bringing treasure into the storehouse, and having my coffers run over? Look at the example of these preachers, they preach the Word so zealously, with such sincerity, and they are BLESSED, how can they be wrong? Because GOD says so.

Secondly, its telling you that God will supply all your needs (sure) - until you won`t have needs anymore.
Huh? So let me see if I understand this right. God is concerned that I have houses, and lands, and cars, and a storehouse full of food and treasures so I have need of nothing, not even Him, except of course for salvation, which happens to be a nice security blanket whenever I am forced to leave my earthly treasures behind. Again, lets compare that message with what GOD said;

Self sufficiency

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Luk 12:20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God

God sufficiency

Luk 12:29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

Thirdly, every preacher I`ve read or listened to who preaches this, convinced so many women and men, young and old alike to give to their ministry (which IS giving to God you know) that they themselves became rich by thier own message. Take note of that, THIER OWN message. Again and again, lets see what God says;

Paul spoke of the heavenly glory that takes you downward as the world sees it and even in the eyes of many Christians when he said, "To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless. And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure; being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now."(1 Corinthians 4:11-13, NKJV).

Poorly clothed, beaten, homeless, working to support themselves with their hands, defamed? Are these signs of those who we often identify as successful ministers? The answer is all too obvious. Ministers (so called) of the Gospel seeking , and worse by far, telling the children of God to seek, earthly treasures.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Let us take a close look at Judas for a moment. Bearing in mind, the first thing that comes to most of our minds, is you can`t compare Brother or Sister so and so prosperity preacher to Judas! Is that really so? Think about this if you will. Judas was called by Christ. Judas walked with Christ. Judas talked with Christ. He looked and acted like one of His chosen. Then He betrayed His Lord for thirty pieces of silver. But you say these preachers would`nt sell Jesus for money? No? Have`nt they already by the teaching what is very contrary to His own Words. "Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat ...." sound familiar? Oh the damning subtility of one lie.

When Judas saw that he was condemned, he repented himself. Condemned.

How can a man who looked and acted like one of His chosen have gone so wrong? Ah...man looks on the outward, God looks on the heart. God allows us a glimpse of his heart in this verse;

Joh 12:5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor? (Sounds exactly like CHRIST!)
This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

Jam 5:1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon [you].
Jam 5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
Jam 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

So what is richness for the born again child of God? It is freedom! Freedom from the bondages of this world, free from its lusts, its evil, its corruption and bondages!

2Co 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.

Prosperity Preachers?

2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known [it], to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Preachers of the Cross of Jesus Christ;

2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
2Co 4:8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
2Co 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
2Co 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
2Co 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
2Co 4:12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

Surely we must stand with those faithful to the message of the Cross!

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Amen! May our hearts only longing, and desire, and cry be heard above the of sounding brass, and tinkling cymbals of those holding this worlds audience captive, be even so come quickly Lord Jesus!

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Word of God /King James Version

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Contemporary English Version

2Pe 2:1 Sometimes false prophets spoke to the people of Israel. False teachers will also sneak in and speak harmful lies to you. But these teachers don't really belong to the Master who paid a great price for them, and they will quickly destroy themselves.
2Pe 2:2 Many people will follow their evil ways and cause others to tell lies about the true way.
2Pe 2:3 They will be greedy and cheat you with smooth talk. But long ago God decided to punish them, and God doesn't sleep.

International Standard Version

2Pe 2:1 Now there were false prophets among the people, just as there also will be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2Pe 2:2 Many people will follow their immoral ways, and because of them the way of truth will be maligned.
2Pe 2:3 In their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. The ancient verdict against them is still in force, and their destruction is not asleep.

Bible In Basic English

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets among the people, as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly put forward wrong teachings for your destruction, even turning away from the Lord who gave himself for them; whose destruction will come quickly, and they themselves will be the cause of it.
2Pe 2:2 And a great number will go with them in their evil ways, through whom the true way will have a bad name.
2Pe 2:3 And in their desire for profit they will come to you with words of deceit, like traders doing business in souls: whose punishment has been ready for a long time and their destruction is watching for them.

Hey Coconut

Hey you! Hope you're having a good day.
I can't agree with you more on this point, Coco.
I think the simple message that He sets in place in our own hearts tells us what we really know about this topic deep down.
If I had millions of dollars, as a deep admirer of Christ's heart, it would never be in my heart to sit on millions of dollars in the bank and/or have it invested in vacation properties, etc, when we all know that little children and helpless seniors go to bed hungry at night, both here and abroad.
You present a very interesting point, and it's one that I also agree we need to pay more attention to in this day and age. Christ went out of His way to help those that needed Him most, and that's something we have to remember, you're exactly right.
Years ago, a researcher was perplexed by "What Serotonin was." We all know about that brain chemical in this day and age. After years of research, he concluded that Serotonin ='d love.
But not love for wealth, real estate, or anything perverted that could come to mind. Rather, he noted through some sort of mapping technology that people experienced their greatest states of happiness when they performed acts of good deeds. Smiling to a stranger, holding doors open for people, charity and/or missionary work, etc. Happiness=goodness.
Reminds me of the special heart and message from a dear Friend we all happen to share here, doesn't it~.
Hope you have a nice day. Take care, my friend.

Last edited:
Very good thread Coconut, I agree and am encouraged by it. Another scripture that I think is quite clear on this subject is 1Timothy 6: 3If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Miracles For Sale From God For Money?

Miracles For Sale From God For Money?

"But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity," Acts 8:20-23.

In the book of Acts chapter eight there is a very insightful incident that happened to Peter and John in Samaria. Peter and John were laying their hands on the Christian believers and they were receiving the Holy Spirit as a result.

There was a certain man, Simon, who had just become a believer, and after he had seen this gift of God that was given to the new believers he asked Peter and John if he could also have this gift of God by giving them money. Peter answered Simon, "Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God."

This has particular significance today because so many "Christian" television stations use the very tactic that Simon used to get people to give money during their telethons. These false teachers lure babes in Christ into believing that we could actually buy a miracle from God. They teach that we give to God expecting a blessing, miracle, healing, or a 30, 60, 100 fold return on our investment.

There is another example in scripture of a "prophet" of God using his position to take money from people. In 2 Kings 5:15-27, Gehazi, the servant of Elisha went secretly to Naman to steal money in the name of God after Elisha had refused to accept any gift for what God had done.

Naman was healed by the great prophet Elisha and had offered him money in gratitude for his healing. Elisha refused saying, "But he said, As the LORD liveth, before whom I stand, I will receive none. And he urged him to take it; but he refused."

As a result of the treachery of Gehazi trying to making merchandise of God, he was struck with leprosy. Elisha rebuked him with words that are so relevant today, "And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants?"

During their telethons these televangelists in their thousand dollar suits love to quote the miracles that Elisha did for the Shunammite woman and the widow's oil in 2 Kings 4 and the floating axehead in and 2 Kings 6 as examples of sowing a seed [money] to get a miracle or blessing.

Yet, in the countless hours of watching them I have never heard them read the chapter from 2 Kings 5 where Elisha refused to get money for the miracle that he did for Naman. I never hear them quote Elisha who said now is not the time to receive money or any type of material gain. Right in the middle of their favorite verses of scripture that they use to fleece the sheep the prophet Elisha refuses to take money!

They also fail to mention that Elisha himself died from a sickness when they promise healing's to all Christians that will give a "Seed" gift: "Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died," 2 Kings 13:14.

This fleecing of the sheep is a fulfillment of biblical prophecy, "And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." 2 Peter 2:2-3.

Listen to Matthew Henry's biblical commentary on the words of Jesus found in Matthew 10:8:

"In doing good freely; Freely ye heave received, freely give. Those that had power to heal all diseases, had an opportunity to enrich themselves; who would not purchase such easy certain cures at any rate? Therefore they are cautioned not to make a gain of the power they had to work miracles: they must cure gratis, further to exemplify the nature and complexion of the gospel kingdom, which is made up, not only of grace, but of free grace. Gratia gratis data (Rom. 3:24), freely by his grace, Buy medicines without money, and without price, Isaiah 55:1. And the reason is, because freely you have received. Their power to heal the sick cost them nothing, and, therefore, they must not make any secular advantage to themselves of it. Simon Magus would not have offered money for the gifts of the Holy Ghost, if he had not hoped to get money by them; Acts 8:18. Note, The consideration of Christ's freeness in doing good to us, should make us free in doing good to others."

For the most part Christian leaders are not outraged at this fleecing and manipulation, rather, they continue to support and endorse these "Christian" stations and teachers--all to the detriment and hurt of God's precious children. I pray that God will continue to raise up men that truly care for the sheep more than they do for their own carnal influence.

I would like to thank God for the faithful shepherds that truly care for the sheep intrusted to them by God and speak out against this deception in the church. These men pay a heavy price for caring for the sheep. If only more men would weep as Paul did over the coming (Now here!) wolves in the church (Acts 20:26-31).

www.myfortress.org

This is my first visit, and my first little look around. Wow. I have been so blessed by the reading here. We do not hear much teaching to challenge the truth of the "Prosperity People" and many take it as truth.

Thankyou for publishing this. I will return to digest a little more.

God Bless
s

The real prosperity Gospel

How many times have you turned on Christian television and heard a message on “prosperity?” On the screen was a man or woman wearing thousands of dollars worth of clothes, tens of thousands more in jewelry, speaking from a million dollar set or a multi-million dollar building. Their message was about prosperity and how God wants you to have a mansion, drive new luxury automobiles, wear the finest clothes, eat the most sumptuous food, vacation in far-off lands. They tell you from God's Word that you are the “head and not the tail,” “the lender not the borrower,” that “God owns the cattle on a thousand hills,” “all the gold and silver belongs to Him,” and the “wealth of the wicked is laid up for the righteous.” And yes those are all pieces of scripture, but they are misusing them and preaching a message that is not balanced but one to cause you to want more, something you don’t have and believe that the way to get it is to give more to them. That is what it is really all about.

As you sit there watching, you start to get into their message. They tell you that you are the child of a King and you deserve to live like royalty. Their powerful words encourage you to believe that God will provide you with all of the riches this world has to offer. They tell you that the only thing keeping you from enjoying great prosperity is your faith and your need to sow some seed faith by planting some money into their ministry. You simply need greater faith and then they explain to you how to attain greater faith. You see, according to these prosperity teachers your faith is tied directly to your bank account and how much you are willing to give to them! (Where do you think their prosperity comes from and what enables them to live like kings in wealth and opulence while many who give to them have nothing and are in debt?) They even have the audacity to ask people to give what they don’t have with their credit card, and then the poor people end up paying interest on top of their gift. But God never asked any man for something he didn’t already have in his hand. God won’t ask for what you don’t have. If you have to borrow it, it isn’t yours and you don’t have it to give.

You are then challenged to show how great your faith is by the amount of money you are willing to send to them. Though it is never said in words, it is clearly insinuated that the bigger the check you write or amount you charge on your credit card, the greater your faith is and the greater will be your blessings. The verse in the Bible that these prosperity teachers routinely pervert is Luke 6:38, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” Bottom line, even though they never actually say it, they make it very clear that the more you want from God, the more you have to give to them. This false prosperity Gospel is based on their greed and your greed and not really on your faith at all.

The flourishing of the prosperity Gospel in the past 30 years has coincided with the wealth and excesses of our culture, especially here in the United States . It has played right into the trap of this world that measures success in dollars and cents. It parallels the mindset of Michael Douglas' character Gordon Gekko in the late 80's film "Wall Street" when he proclaimed “greed is good.” Sadly, like in how we dress, our music, how we view the issues of our day, instead of the church influencing the world, we have allowed the world to influence the church, especially in regard to this whole issue of prosperity.

I'll give you the perfect example. How do we judge a successful church? There is only one criteria we use, the number of people who show up for service. How do we judge a successful ministry? How many people work there, how big and modern are their buildings, do they have more than one corporate jet, how much money do they raise? We have allowed the world to influence the church instead of the church influencing the world! God doesn't judge a successful church by the size of their buildings or the number of people who attend or the money they take in. God judges a successful church by their dedication and service to Him! God doesn't judge a successful ministry by the value of their assets. God judges a successful ministry by their faithfulness to the work He has called them to and the lives they are impacting for His Kingdom, not bringing to their own man-made kingdom. That is not His doing and making!

Then there are those who have gone completely in the other direction and say that to be a true follower of Christ you have to live in poverty are equally as wrong. There is no place in the Bible that supports this false notion that you have to live in poverty to be a real follower of Jesus. There is nothing wrong with having a nice home, nice cars, nice clothes, eating good food, going on nice vacations. Money is not evil, but covetousness and the LOVE OF MONEY is evil. God has richly blessed many of His people with great material possessions and wealth since the beginning. It has been many of these people God has so richly blessed that have been responsible for much of the work of the Kingdom getting done! God blessed Joseph of Arimithea to be able to give his tomb to Jesus. God blessed those who gave to support Paul's missionary trips. Many who God has blessed with great wealth and resources have been faithful to use their blessings to further His work!

But the real prosperity Gospel is not about money or possessions, it is about our relationship with Jesus Christ! The wealth of the child of God is NOT in the things of this temporal world that will one day pass away, it is in our eternal relationship we have with the Lord! The real prosperity Gospel is about what we have in Jesus and will have in eternity, not what we have in the bank here and now that will burn and perish! For a detailed study on “True Biblical Prosperity” I have a two part study on the subject.

Ever wonder why you don't see these prosperity teachers on ABC or major network affiliates? Simple! Only a few would watch meaning nobody would give them money or buy their books and tapes. Ever wonder why they don't preach their prosperity message in India , Africa, or other parts of the world? Same reason! Their message doesn't work on people who have nothing to give them. That is why it is a false gospel.

Our prosperity is NOT measured in our earthly treasures but in our faith in God and love for Him and what we have stored up in heaven. The Bible is very clear that our wealth is not in the temporal things of this world but in the eternal things of God! True prosperity is overcoming every obstacle in this life and living and overcoming life and having the blessing of God upon us (not just our finances).

Do you want to tell me that a person who loves Jesus, follows Christ daily, serves Him faithfully, yet lives in a small apartment in Siberia and has no material possessions is poor because they have no faith? The reality is God is blessing that person 100 times greater than He is blessing someone who is saved and has all this world can offer in terms of material possessions, but is not fully surrendered or living their life for Him. Do you want to tell me God is not richly blessing someone who lives in Dallas, Texas who has a small 2 bedroom home, a mortgage, a 13-year-old car with 120,000 miles on it, basically living paycheck to paycheck but loves Jesus, is in the Word and prays daily, part of a local fellowship, serving the Lord in different ways, and honors Christ each day in how they live?

To SUMMARIZE

As you can see, what we have set up in the Western church is an entire system of FALSE ASSURANCE. First, we falsely assure people that they are “born again” when they are not. Then we falsely assure them that it is “IMPOSSIBLE” for them to lose their salvation - no matter what they do. Then we falsely assure them that they will escape all end-time tribulation and persecution with an ultra-convenient ‘Rapture’. We top all that off with motivational preaching and the prosperity message and give them everything needed for a great deception and falling away from truth.

We have it all sewn up! It is a kind-of “cradle to the grave” system of false salvation. A whole set-up devoted to convincing Hell-bound people that they are going to Heaven by the “cheap and easy” route. Like the Fast Food outlets that we have invented in the West, it is all about ‘Instant Gratification’. It is the cozy, warm and comfortable way. No holiness needed. Just like going through a McDonalds drive-through. “Do you want fries with that ‘happy meal’, sir?”

Every one of these lies is perfectly suited to our Western mindset. That is why they have been so successful. But that does not stop them being LIES. Nor does it stop them from sending multitudes to Hell.

We in the West have become devotees of a kind-of “no pain” religion. Sadly, that religion no longer resembles true Christianity. Let us REPENT of ALL such doctrines before it is too late and turn back to the truth that can truly save and prepare us for heaven.

When you are convicted of sin, it is then God gives you the grace to repent. Repentance is a gift from God and it comes with conviction and when you are convicted, you should run to God and repent. God can use someone who repents.

Five Doctrines from HELL

Amen!!! Thank you so much for posting this because it IS turning into a big problem. They are sucking new believers in not by faith, but like you said- greed. My pastor always talks about these preachers and makes fun of them. They are so lost and blinded by money.

Thanks for bringing it up. God Bless

Well I probably won't be liked very well for what I am going to say, but I have to say it regardless.

IF God really does have a problem with his children prospering why does his woprd state that he delights in the prosperity of his servant?

Why does his word say that it is greatest wish above everything else that we prosper and be in health even as our souls prosper?

Jesus never said it was impossible for the rich to enter into heaven, he just said it would be difficult.....

I think you likely have the right of things, Coconut, but I might suggest the following because it reaches the highest christian authority, the words of Jesus.
From The Gospel of our Lord according to Luke (chapter 16) :

1 And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods. 2 And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward. 3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed. 4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses. 5 So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord? 6 And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty. 7 Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore. 8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light. 9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. 11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own? 13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Notes for interpretation: mammon was a false god of wealth, and therefore the personification of the same. The 'he who is faithful in little is faithful in much' might be a bit hard to follow, since it seems that the man is unfaithful to his master. The point that Christ is making is that he, like all of us, must choose which master to be faithful to. The man is faithful to God, so he forgives debts (as Christ himself indeed commands us) and builds up 'riches in heaven' for himself by being unfaithful to his earthly master.

Well I probably won't be liked very well for what I am going to say, but I have to say it regardless.

IF God really does have a problem with his children prospering why does his woprd state that he delights in the prosperity of his servant?

Why does his word say that it is greatest wish above everything else that we prosper and be in health even as our souls prosper?

Jesus never said it was impossible for the rich to enter into heaven, he just said it would be difficult.....
LOL, Amen... Hey you know, Ministry need money too because without money things can't work as it should...

I believed that money is the root of all evil. But we can always have faith in God of our money and how the father really taking care of us, financially, you think we come to get money on our self, no.
Because through Tithes and offering and God will bless us but with no tight and offering we are robbing God. So why you think you stuck being poor and how can you have joy with the power is out and all and the bills came sky high, but hey God make a way for us and his holy spirit comfort us on tough time and be faith with our need from God and I believed he will bless you help every area of your life…

Now my pastor for example he was homeless and was rob in a scandal because he sale his condo to get a new house for his family but he was homeless until God use Evangelist and she welcome pastor and his family to stay and sleep over evangelist apartment. All in sudden the pastor always wanted this particular home but never came to past accept the house he got, was double better and is near the church and because but since he believed God got his back he will bless pastor for he is His a faithful servant..

Last edited:

Hey Pentecostal!

There's nothing wrong with prospering in the Lord or having riches, the problem starts when all preachers talk about is getting rich and making the people be driven by money. Having wealth isn't a sin, but we have to focus on the "blesser" and not the "blessings"

Hello Friend....I am a memeber of Evangelical church.
And I am not one of that prosperity teachers....But they are mostly are right....If you wanted to show us any truths then you must bring the verses they use for protecting the teaching about prosperity ....But you did not do it....Second only about 10% of your verses are relevant and in some way may be against to that teaching...With your long topic you can astonish people but not prove any thing at all.
John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."...
John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Dont let Devil fool you...
See God not only teahcs us about prosperity but even more about Political superiority...I am sorry that prosperity teachers dont teach about political superiority too if they are realy truth lovers.......Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth (Not heaven only)....Amen
I dont want to bring many verses from the Bible as you..I believe all truth lovers will know that verses.
Your brought many verses which are not relevant especially about fallse teachers and teachings.
You say some truths here but in generaly your teaching about 90% is false...And I know many here will see it without my help. It is realy sad thing that you missuse Verses from the Bible and without any logic.
I am not a protector teaching of prosperity but I am sad to see a new and more big false teaching than that one and many not relevant referings from you.
We can call it a teaching of poverty...
Love the truth and truth will help you....You dont love the truth but force your teaching forward with big and long topic you had writen without any prove.And more you are proud of it. If we were brain less may be we will be impressed of your topic...But thank to God we are not.....John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."...Luke 6:39 He also told them this parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit?...Amen
Be well

Gods only purpose for us is to make us God sufficient, not self sufficient.

I know that statement does`nt tickle the ears. It goes agianst the grain of teaching of every prosperity preacher on the planet. They parade on the worlds stage clothed in silken suits and tell you GOD has given them wealth and fame because of their sacrifice, and GOD will do the same for you, if you give your money to Him.

2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
2Co 4:8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
2Co 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
2Co 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
2Co 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
2Co 4:12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

Surely we must stand with those faithful to the message of the Cross!

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Amen! May our hearts only longing, and desire, and cry be heard above the of sounding brass, and tinkling cymbals of those holding this worlds audience captive, be even so come quickly Lord Jesus!

Last edited:
How is it false? People get money out of no where at times to what I hear from some people testimony such as people get money from there mail box when they did not ask to get one but when there out of money they sudden got money, come on people! Its God that bless them, GLORY! They always say, name your seed and giving your tithes and offering at the alter, if you don't pay your tithes and offering your robbing God and being cures, THAT’S THE BIBLE! I believed God bless people who are faithful servant and have heart to do ministry not just for there own pleasure over the money, there pleasure can be a evil thing. But there nothing wrong on buying things for your home, church, work things that you need in life. All these things dose not came from us, it came from God. Be thankful what you have already on little to big things.

Prosperity people did not steal money, it came from God, the only time you steal if you stealing from something from someone or the bank and so on that has to do with value things or money and even not paying your tithes and offering, well then sorry to say but you are stealing something and all those things are a sin…

Now if I was to have good money and a good quality of life, I would let people know that God bless me, I don’t have to go sale drug or rob a bank, all I did is being faithful to God to take care of me and have control of my life and control of my finance. Prosperity don’t always mean getting money its also on your health, your spirit and every area of your life; it dose not always mean money. If we call prosperity preacher being prosper from God, but are they being proper from God or are they being prosper on there own? What is the real Anointing of being propser from God? Being Anointing of being propser from God is the real thing...

Last edited:
I will admit I do have a very big problem when I visit a church where the leadership thinks God has given them a special anointing to 'Take Up' offerings!

My wife and I visited a church in our area once and were shocked when the leadership recieved five offerings during ONE service!

We visited the same church again for a campmeeting when a friend of ours preached there, and during that service the Pastors wife 'Prophesied' to the congregation while looking at my wife and I that God had JUST told her that he was sending a rich couple into their church to pay all their bills off and take care of all of their financial needs from there on out!

Then she threw in this comment, she said you know you have to be rich to live in (then she named the city my wife and I live in) I looked over at my wife and we both knew the Pastors wife had been talking about us, and so did about 40 other people who were there that night!

We haven't been back since, neither has our friend who preached there that night!

Another thing that makes me extremely mad is liars who tell their congregation that they have repay back tithes plus a 20 percent penalty!

These thieves have never read 1st John 1 verse 9, or Hebrews 10:17, and they certainly have never read all the scriptures which say God is against usury!

Finally I absolutely HATE when someone gets up to receive an offering, and that person berates and belittles the people in the congregation who can only give one dollar in the offering!

THAT person NEVER has read the story of the widows mite, where Jesus gave MORE honor to that little widow woman who gave of ALL of her substance!

I saw this happen once and watched as a woman sitting a few feet from my wife and I wept as she placed the small change she had just taken out of her purse back ashamed that she was not able to give as good as the 'Preacher' said she ought to!

But I did get to see a highly anointed sincere Bible believing mighty man of God get the best of one of those dollar gripers during a service not too long ago.

A woman who had actually been my own Pastor for awhile was receiving the offering, and she started tearing down the dollar givers again.

When she had finished the man who was holding the conference came up and politely took the Microphone from her and said:

'Folks the Lord just spoke to me, and he said for me to have all of you come up here right now and put ONE dollar in this woman of Gods hands!'

Every person in that congregation walked up there and put one dollar in her hands!

When my turn came, I walked up to her and put my dollar in her hands, and as she looked in my eyes, I saw a flood of great big crocodile tears running down her cheeks.

I guess the Lord had said something to her also......

I will admit I do have a very big problem when I visit a church where the leadership thinks God has given them a special anointing to 'Take Up' offerings!

My wife and I visited a church in our area once and were shocked when the leadership recieved five offerings during ONE service!

We visited the same church again for a campmeeting when a friend of ours preached there, and during that service the Pastors wife 'Prophesied' to the congregation while looking at my wife and I that God had JUST told her that he was sending a rich couple into their church to pay all their bills off and take care of all of their financial needs from there on out!

Then she threw in this comment, she said you know you have to be rich to live in (then she named the city my wife and I live in) I looked over at my wife and we both knew the Pastors wife had been talking about us, and so did about 40 other people who were there that night!

We haven't been back since, neither has our friend who preached there that night!

Another thing that makes me extremely mad is liars who tell their congregation that they have repay back tithes plus a 20 percent penalty!

These thieves have never read 1st John 1 verse 9, or Hebrews 10:17, and they certainly have never read all the scriptures which say God is against usury!

Finally I absolutely HATE when someone gets up to receive an offering, and that person berates and belittles the people in the congregation who can only give one dollar in the offering!

THAT person NEVER has read the story of the widows mite, where Jesus gave MORE honor to that little widow woman who gave of ALL of her substance!

I saw this happen once and watched as a woman sitting a few feet from my wife and I wept as she placed the small change she had just taken out of her purse back ashamed that she was not able to give as good as the 'Preacher' said she ought to!

But I did get to see a highly anointed sincere Bible believing mighty man of God get the best of one of those dollar gripers during a service not too long ago.

A woman who had actually been my own Pastor for awhile was receiving the offering, and she started tearing down the dollar givers again.

When she had finished the man who was holding the conference came up and politely took the Microphone from her and said:

'Folks the Lord just spoke to me, and he said for me to have all of you come up here right now and put ONE dollar in this woman of Gods hands!'

Every person in that congregation walked up there and put one dollar in her hands!

When my turn came, I walked up to her and put my dollar in her hands, and as she looked in my eyes, I saw a flood of great big crocodile tears running down her cheeks.

I guess the Lord had said something to her also......

I Feel like I've been to a church like that at one time... My church only had 2 offering but we mostly do one offering every sunday...

Mammon means money

We are to make wise use of the financial oppurtunities we have not to earn heaven, but so that heaven ("everlasting home") will be a welcome experience for those we help. If we use our money to help those in need or to help others find CHRIST, our earthly investment will bring eternal benifit. When we obey GOD's will the unselfish use of possessions will follow.
Our integrity often meets it's match in money matters. GOD calls us to be honest even in small details we could easily rationalize away. Heaven's riches are far more valuable than earthly wealth. But if we are not trustworthy with our money here (no matter how much or little we have), we will be unfit to handle the vast riches of GOD's kingdom. So don't let your integrity slip in small matters, & it will not fail you in crucial decisions either.
Money is a hard master & a deceptive one. Wealth promises power & control, but often it cannot deliver. Great fortunes can be made-& lost-overnight, & no amount of money can provide health,happiness or eternal life. How much better to let GOD be your master. HIS servants have peace of mind & security, both now & forever.
Money has the power to take GOD's place in your life.It can become your master. How can you tell if you are a slave to money?
1) Do you think & worry about it frenquently?
2) Do you give up doing what you should do or would like to do in order to make more money?
3) Do you spend a great deal of your time caring for your possessions?
4) Is it hard for you to give money away?
5) Are you in debt?
Because the Pharisees loved money, they took exception to JESUS' teaching. We live in an age that measures people's worth by how much money they make. Don't laugh at JESUS' warnings about serving money. Do we try to explain them away? Do we try to apply them to someone else?-The pharisees for example? Unless we take JESUS' statements seriously, we may be acting like pharisees ourselves.

How can you tell if you are a slave to money?
1) Do you think & worry about it frenquently?
Who doesn't?
2) Do you give up doing what you should do or would like to do in order to make more money?
Well I'm pretty sure lot's of folks who have jobs have too don't they?
3) Do you spend a great deal of your time caring for your possessions?
Yes, everyone does!
4) Is it hard for you to give money away?
Every month, when I pay my bills! :laugh:
5) Are you in debt?
Friend with the significantly HIGH cost of living these days, I don't know very many people who are not in debt.

I get tried of hearing give and you will get blessed. To me when Jesus said He wants us to prosper it means in joy and peace that passes all understanding. these are things you can not buy. So many people use that one verse out of context about God wanting us to prosper. We should be about our Father's business and that is reaching the lost and helping the poor and the widow and the stranger. The reason I do all these things is because He is worthy!! Praise the Lord!!!!

debbi

I get tried of hearing give and you will get blessed. To me when Jesus said He wants us to prosper it means in joy and peace that passes all understanding. these are things you can not buy. So many people use that one verse out of context about God wanting us to prosper. We should be about our Father's business and that is reaching the lost and helping the poor and the widow and the stranger. The reason I do all these things is because He is worthy!! Praise the Lord!!!!

Hear Hear!