• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Proper Editing Guideline: How To Post

Administrator
Staff Member
Please use simple proper paragraphing and grammar.

Example: BAD Post

This is a very long post and very difficult to read especially with no paragraphing structure or no periods for (breaks) and just a never ending sentence as well making it very difficult to read and strains the eyes, discomforts the reader from wanting to even finish the entire post in the first place its about time (this should be sentence 2 or 3 by now) that i think about this and try to redo my posts from now on to make it easy to read for all audience and also may prevent others from misunderstanding or getting lost in the subject when reading your post - so let us use proper grammar sentencing paragraph structure as shown below to make talk Jesus the pleasant community it will and should always be This is a very long post and very difficult to read especially with no paragraphing structure or no periods for (breaks) and just a never ending sentence as well making it very difficult to read and strains the eyes, discomforts the reader from wanting to even finish the entire post in the first place its about time (this should be sentence 2 or 3 by now) that i think about this and try to redo my posts from now on to make it easy to read for all audience and also may prevent others from misunderstanding or getting lost in the subject when reading your post - so let us use proper grammar sentencing paragraph structure as shown below to make talk Jesus the pleasant community it will and should always be This is a very long post and very difficult to read especially with no paragraphing structure or no periods for (breaks) and just a never ending sentence as well making it very difficult to read and strains the eyes, discomforts the reader from wanting to even finish the entire post in the first place its about time (this should be sentence 2 or 3 by now) that i think about this and try to redo my posts from now on to make it easy to read for all audience and also may prevent others from misundering or getting lost in the subject when reading your post - so let us use proper grammar sentencing paragraph structure as shown below to make talk Jesus the pleasant community it will and should always be

Example: Good Post

This is the first line of the example post. It is good to use proper grammar and sentencing/paragraphing structure to make it easy to read for all audience. Note that I press the ENTER button when I reach the end of the right side of this word box where I am typing.

Now, I spaced one line and gone to the next to make it easier to read. Too many lines with poor sentencing and one gigantic paragraph will more likely deter members from reading your posts.

Use the PREVIEW POST button found on the right side of the submit post button

Thank you for trying your best to use proper paragraphing structure. :)

PLEASE DO NOT USE ALL CAPS. THIS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING AND MAKES READING DIFFICULT.

Re: Proper editing - How to post

Good post, Chad, and sorely needed. I also think people should be counseled to never be in a hurry to complete a post, never rush. Hurrying always causes mistakes.

Also, people need to proof read their writings before they click "submit". Plus, they should avoid using internet slang, i.e. "u"instead of "you". Internet slang is often confusing to readers and it looks sloppy and unprofessional.

SLE

Thanks

Thank you brother for guiding and the trouble you take to keep this site clean.

Staff Member
Spell checkers are good. They do not pick up every wrong spelling as a word is an actual word and therefore will be missed by it. Like sum could be some.

Both words are correct.

I notice when words are spelled wrong as I have the gift of being able to spell and notice mistakes too. Praise God.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

I notice when words are spelled wrong as I have the gift of being able to spell and notice mistakes too.

You missed that one ladylovesJesus. [wrongly]

God bless

PS. I do it too :shade:

Please use simple proper paragraphing and grammar. The "A/A" spell checker button is on the very top right of the editor when posting new threads or replies.

This was one of the points that drew me to this forum. Some fora actually encourage poor expression and denigrate any attempt to change the pattern. I went to a Grammar School. I never did very well but the points the English teacher used to make which apparently went in one ear and out of the other still keep coming back after all these years. I still haven't mastered your ABC spell checker. I tend to use the Google one which I find more user friendly.

Thank you Chad.

Last edited by a moderator:

AMK

Hi Chad,
Thanks for the welcome and the guidance in learning about this site.
One question:
Can I use my ispell function instead of the one on this site?
I ask as I am sometimes in the habit of using norwegian words accidently. I also have some other letters on my pc like these:Å Æ Ø which I hope I don,t use :)

Administrator
Staff Member
That's your personal choice brother. The built in spell checker on this site is simply part of the site by default, the software called vbulletin. Its useful, handy and convenient as its right there in the editor.

AMK

Thanks. I just was not sure if there was a rull about it?, So I was making sure :)

I'm sorry if I didn't break my posting up enough but because I am new here I hadn't read all the tips. Again I am so impressed on the request for good grammar, if only it was insisted upon in the schools. I dislike the phone text language very much and as for the bad language.......:disagree:

I prefer to break up my sentences and to write in as correct a way as I can but I didn't know the format here.

Thank you again for such a wonderful site, I am very excited that I have found it.

Oh, thanks for the reminder

I think, I made mistake in editing my quoted-reply a while ago...:embarasse

But it's good to visit this thread from time to time ...:thumbs_up

Thanks, Chad, for your guidelines. Run-on sentences, text message abbreviations, and all caps are frustrating at times. Patience, though, is a virtue and I want to encourage anyone seeking for or praising the Lord. I wouldn't want nitpicking to discourage their efforts. Taking the time to post clear guidelines as you have helps everyone. Again, thanks. God bless. Darlene

Chad

Good Morning Chad, Im having a hard time posting a scripture on the home page, I can get onto the chat room But Im getting a box that keeps telling me to type a message, Im typing a message but its not going in there can you please help send me an email letting me know what or if their is a problem. I never had a problem before God Bless and Thank you. Kim
Threeyet one is my posting name.