Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Promises - Love

Discussion in 'Devotionals' started by Christ4Ever, Apr 5, 2017.

Random Thread
  1. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21)

How wonderful the assurance that God will in nowise spurn our manifest love and affection! With human lovers, we always risk rejection, but with God, we who believe are given the certainty that all who adore Him will be adored in return. And of course we must be so adored! We only come to love God as we do because he first loved us. Praise be to our compassionate Father that there is no unrequited affection in His kingdom!

BLB

2. I first read this as;

we who believe are given the certainty that all who adore Him will be adorned...

Bless you ....><>

Christ4Ever likes this.
  3. I'm not sure who "BLB" is. But often times I see confusion in these little "promise devotionals".

He states...

But yet the very verse he is using here says....

He who has my commandments and keeps them... that sounds like a "requital" (requirement) to me.

Christ4Ever likes this.
  4. Dear Brother @B-A-C
    I'm sure the confusion lies in attempting to put everything that you know into what is meant only as only a snap shot of something much greater, to help along the day. ;)

Unrequited does not mean requirement. It means "unreturned or rewarded". So, what is being said is that "there is no affection/love in the Kingdom of God that is not returned or rewarded.

Now in this light. I'm sure, or at least I hope it now makes some sense to you. (?)

With the Love of Christ Jesus Dear Brother.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><