• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Influence

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them]. (Mark 11:22-24)

The incredible strength and majesty of our God! He has the might to move mountains and does so through even our smallest faith. When we place our trust in Him, He molds us as He gives us the desires of our hearts.

BLB

Loyal
; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. (Mark 11:22-24)
Greetings,
There is a huge factor or key in this.
As seen above, Jesus said, "And Shall Not Doubt in his heart"

So if we are told if we don't doubt in our heart would mean that one can have doubt in their heart.

This is the huge difference between Head Faith and Heart Faith.

1. Head Faith,
This is where you know the scriptures and believe but have not feasted enough in His most Holy Written Word and Gotten them rooted deep in your heart.
......trouble arises and you take a stand in faith - then persecution for the words sake comes and pressure is applied by our enemy the devil.

Soon you begin to grow faint and question things and begin to wonder.
You begin to entertain doubt and unbelief and there is Nothing in the Heart (spirit man) to rise up and stand in faith. You quickly give up because you can't stand against the trickery of the devil.

Then Heart Faith...
This is when His word is rooted deeply in your heart, your spirit man is strong.
Here comes persecution and pressure from the enemy and His word rises up and you stand firm, unmoved.

The big difference is.
God did not say if you don't doubt in your head but in your heart.

Sure because if you believe in your heart, and when doubt and unbelief begin to show up in your thinking, and it will for this is the way of the devil.
You Quickly take captive the thoughts cast them down and His word arises from your heart and you stand.

If there is only head faith, when the resistance of the enemy comes and your head begins to fill with doubt and unbelief there is nothing in the heart to rise up and fight the good fight of faith. So you end up loosing that battle and victory.

This is not Gods fault, nope it is always our fault for we were not as prepared for battle as we thought.

@Christ4Ever My intent was only to add and expound on what you brought and in NO way take anything away from.

Blessings
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Member
@Christ4Ever My intent was only to add and expound on what you brought and in NO way take anything away from.
:smile: I am rarely so sensitive to additions, and look forward to contributions on anything posted.
Yet, I truly understand the need to be careful to not offend. Especially since you find us calming, or how I like to describe Talk Jesus as being "An Oasis" within the Ethernet as compared to many other Christian Forums. :smile:

I look forward to digesting more fully what you have added, than a scanning has thus far provided me.

With the Love of Christ Jesus brother.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Jim you just described something very similar to the parables of the sower I believe. Great insight

Loyal
Jim you just described something very similar to the parables of the sower I believe. Great insight
Hi Dave,
I hope all is well with you!
Yes sir it does connect together very well.

What far to many believers don't grasp is the fact that even though Jesus has already done and provided for us we still have got to go Posses it in order to access it.
That's where the good fight of faith comes in.
We have the Victory through Christ, but we will have to fight to possess it.

Our enemy the devil will fight against us all the way.
Lol I like to look at it like this....can you out last the devil through Christ Jesus?

Blessings
Jim

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
Christ4Ever Devotionals 6
Christ4Ever Devotionals 2