• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Promises - Eternal Life

Staff Member
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:15-16)

The promise of salvation is offered to those who simply believe. Eternal life is the gift to the believer who places their trust in Jesus Christ, God's one and only son.

BLB

Active
Hello Forum Friends. You may have come across this Christian Forum by accident, or you might be searching for Truth. Well, you've come to the right place.

My very good friend Christ4Ever has just put forth one of the greatest Scripture verses in the Bible.m ,,,,1

Loyal
But to simply believe means more than to mouth the words of scripture. We must be approaching the place where the promises of the Sermon of the Mount of Matt 5:3-48 are already occurring within us. Memorizing those verses is not a bad thing, but having them written in our hearts so that without thinking it first we are doing what God really wants us to do is where each real Believer must arrive.

Will the Kingdom of Heaven be ours if we are not "poor in spirit" as Jesus was poor in spirit? [notice I used a small "s" in spirit rather than a capital "S" for Spirit.

Are we comforted if we do not mourn as Jesus mourned?

Will we inherit the earth if we are not meek as Jesus was meek?

Will we be filled if we do not hunger and thirst after the righteousness which Jesus practiced?

And on it goes through all of the promises given in those verses of that Sermon as well as others spoken about in scripture.

Remember the disciples' question?

"Who then can be saved?" Matt 19:25

And recall Jesus' answer:

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." Matt 19:26

If we don't believe that for God in us those things are possible, then does not our belief come short?

If we seem to be coming up short in our ability to believe, perhaps like this man we need to ask for help

"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." Mark 9:24