This verse also the basis for something called the "priesthood of all believers".
Virtually all protestant denominations do not have priests anymore.
There are a couple of denominations that consider themselves protestant, but are not considered protestant
by most other protestant denominations. Generally this is because of priests.
I realize I'm getting a little off track here, but I do agree the OP above.
Roman Catholic churches have priests.
Generally Anglican/Episcopalian/Lutheran ELCA churches also have priests.
(It seems most Lutheran Missouri Synod churches do not, but I am not sure about this).
The purpose of priests was two things. Confession and animal sacrifices. Being a priest was a bloody job in the old testament.
The priests themselves were subject to the high priest. This was who they confessed to and who did the animal sacrifices for their sins.
Since we no longer need priests (we ourselves are are priesthood) we no longer need an earthly high priest.
Jesus is our high priest. ( Heb 3:1; Heb 4:15; Heb 6:20; Heb 7:26-28; Heb 8:1-3; etc...)
We can talk directly to Him. He is our intercessor and our mediator.
This is also a major difference between what protestants call communion (Eucharist) and Roman Catholics call "mass".
Mass has to be done by a priest, they believe the bread actually becomes the body of Christ (transubstantiation)
and the juice (wine) actually becomes Jesus's blood. Every time Roman Catholics celebrate mass, they are re-crucifying Jesus.
Communion is done as a "remembrance" ceremony. - Do this in remembrance of me. ( Luke 22:19; 1 Cor 11:24-25; )
The word 'protestant' comes from "protest" (Wikipedia disagrees with this).
We are "protesting" the Roman Catholic church. Protestant was originally a
derogatory word used by Roman Catholics. I've read many books of this, some
dating from the 17th century. I see no mention of "protesi".
Sorry to get off track, but yes we are also called to be a Holy Nation, called out of darkness into the light, and yes...
we should show forth praise to Him.