• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Profile Fields

Administrator
Staff Member
I want to add much more profile fields to make it detailed enough to be almost like a personal resume and/or auto-biography (not literally that much but you get the idea).

What profile fields you all suggest I should add? Please let me know. Nothing personal though, so please keep that in mind.

The current ones are:

Biography
Occupation
Country
Favorite Movie
Testimony
favorite quote
Time (year) Saved / Accepted Christ

I guess some ideas off the top of my head (quick thought):

Favorite Band
Denomination (yes or no, only for sake of understanding where one's views come from and possibly avoid misunderstanding of one's views)
Marital Status (yes some of us are single around here ya know lol)
Favorite Scripture Verse
Favorite Book
Bible Version

Anything else?

God bless :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You could add a little something for their testomony...that would be neat, but thats all I've got. Maybe fave movie, too. This is a good idea, just to let you know. I think its neat.

Administrator
Staff Member
Excellent idea I can't believe I forgot those lol :) Thank you for sharing.

Ok,

Favorite Movie
Testimony

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Tollo_Eruanna said:
"You could add a little something for their testomony...that would be neat,..."

Hi, Chad!

I agree, a testimony would be a wonderful addition to the profile.

God bless you, Brother. Thanks for all you do for the body of Christ. All glory to God.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie/"Sylvia"

No Obligation or Pressure

Great Idea as long as everyone knows that it is there for them to share if they wish but they should not feel obligated too.

In :love: of JESUS the Christ, Our LORD.
:love: Yeshua
:boy_hug:

I think how long since they have accepted Christ should be added . That will be a sure gauge to use in ministering to members . I think it should be required information . Mike

Thanks for conferming the Spirit of Truth Chad, here at.....

Thanks for confirming the Spirit of Truth Chad, here at Talk-JESUS, you are such a blessing to us all, the LORD has magnified his servant. :thumbs_up

:love: Yeshua
:boy_hug:

Chad said:
Yes, the fields will be optional.

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeshua said:
Thanks for confirming the Spirit of Truth Chad, here at Talk-JESUS, you are such a blessing to us all, the LORD has magnified his servant. :thumbs_up

:love: Yeshua :boy_hug:

Right back at you and every member the same! Thank you and praise GOD. His GLORY is too phenomenal and too believable for anyone to deny GOD's existance, love and grace.

Administrator
Staff Member
Ok I updated the list in my original post. Any more ideas brothers/sisters?

Administrator
Staff Member
I added about 12 new profile fields as listed on the first post in this thread.

Go to your user control panel (click here) and click "edit profile" on left column.

Enjoy!

coolio... Thanks Chad my Man.. always trying to do whats best for us.... keep it up bro..

Love Simon!!!

no field entry requiremints

no field entry requiremints

no field entry requirements

if you force any requirements you are going to chase off the very people that you want to join >>> THE LOST.

dAVE :.> :eek:mg: :asl: :eek:mg:

Administrator
Staff Member
Not necessarily. It filters out the trouble makers who come to be just that, trouble makers. I've had one (or more) register nearly 50 times in two nights. I don't take pleasure in sitting here deleting and research each member.

Having a lengthy required profiles stops the trouble makers from wanting to continue to register. It also makes the member profiles more interesting. As for chase off the lost, not sure how that would chase them off. Maybe I misunderstood you.

If the lost came to seek Jesus, I don't think a few require profile fields will stop them.

God bless!

I forgot about them.

:eek:mg:

I forgot about them.

They try to hide by reregistration under a different name.

Maybe you could require many fields without chasing them off, by asking for dates and times.

Some people really do not want you to know that they are 12 or 3000 years olde.

Dave :.)

:eek:mg: