• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Proclaiming Truth

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

Staff Member
John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.' " John 1:15

John the Baptist knew his calling. He was simply a forerunner to Jesus--one born to be a witness for Christ, and he freely admitted it. He knew Jesus was preferred over him. But then John says something astounding: Jesus was before him, which can only mean that John understood that Jesus was the preexisting Messiah, the eternal "Son of Man" who had dwelt in heaven in ageless past (Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14).

What truths and revelations in the scripture are clear to you? How about the resurrection of the saints? Or the second coming of Jesus? Or His role during the coming judgment?

Are you proclaiming Jesus to anybody who will listen, the way John the Baptist did? Are you excited to point people to the Messiah, God's Son, knowing that you must decrease so He can increase? Or are you sometimes more preoccupied with building your own kingdom while staying quiet about the kingdom to come?

Prayer: Lord, I trust You and Your Word. I'm so grateful to live in a day and age when the scripture is readily available. As a result, I know what the future holds. Keep me on point as I seek to direct people toward Jesus.