• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Predestination

Do you think God chooses who will get saved, or do you believe we all have a free will to choose eternal life? I already have my belief, but I thought I would get other's opinions.

Administrator
Staff Member
GOD said that all who believe will be saved.

Matthew 18:13-15

13And if it should be that he finds it, truly I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not get lost.

14Just so it is not the will of My Father Who is in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost and perish. 15If your brother wrongs you, go and show him his fault, between you and him privately. If he listens to you, you have won back your brother.

John 3:16
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

John 6:40
For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

I completely agree with u. I got into a debate earlier today with someone. They argued that when Paul got converted, it was the power of God and His choice that saved Paul, that Paul did not have what it took to choose for himself salvation. He said that it was God's choice not his. I don't believe that. The verse that says it is God's will that all be saved, He said "all' refers to all who are called by God. I don't believe that either.

I just wanted to add, this made me think of a study we did on the 'elect'. (Referred to in Mark 13:22, Mark 13:27, Luke 18:7, Romans 8:33.....
It was very difficult for me to understand. Basically, it is debated as the question you pose:

Do you think God chooses who will get saved, or do you believe we all have a free will to choose eternal life?

From my understanding, God does not choose who will get saved, just as Chad said,
GOD said that all who believe will be saved

However, God already knew from the beginning who would make that choice because HE is almighty and omnicent and knows all from the beginning to the end. Therefore, we were not chosen by God to be saved, but God can see from the beginning of eternity to the end and knows every soul that will dwell in heaven because we, his saints, are ALREADY cloaked in righteousness!

But I do not believe in predestination at all! Just my opinion!! God Bless!

...I temporarily waive my right to remain silent...

In the beginning of many of Paul's letters, and in particular Romans, he briefly mentions his connection with Jesus. He describes himself as imprisoned and enslaved to Jesus. This hardly sounds like a choice. However to be clear, Paul also rejoices in Jesus so it doesn't seem that Paul is disgruntled by the situation. Before his salvation, perhaps Paul was simply Looking but could not see, seeking but could not find, reaching but could not grasp, you get the idea(Matthew 13:14) Therefore Paul's salvation quite possibly would not have been possible had God not stepped in. (Matthew 7:13) Narrow and Wide Gates maybe? (Read: Paul couldn't have found the narrow gate had God not shown him the way)

Last edited:
Jesus said "It is not the will of the Father that anyone should perish, but that all should come to repentance." Also remember John 3:16 when our Lord said "WHOSOEVER shall believe in him shall not perish but have everlasting life". We all are whosoevers. I do understand your question, though, and I believe God knows who will and who won't receive his free gift of salvation through Jesus.

"God is good all the time, he put a song of grace in this heart of mine!"

God bless,
Jeff