• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Prayer works!

Fictional story

Written by : Michelle Ross
It was a busy night at the emergency room. Kate had to work a double shift for they were short handed in staff due to the Holidays so many took off to be home with their families.
Being a nurse wasn’t a easy job but it was one she loved and felt called to do as a small child. She sat down to drink a cup of coffee on a quick break in the lounge. She rubbed her tired eyes and brushed the hair away from her face. Her feet were sore from standing on them all day and now it was going into the second shift. She looked at her watch to see how long before she could call it a night. She thought to her self only 4 more hours to go then I can hit the sack. She sighed . While she sat in the lobby she noticed a young girl sitting by her self maybe around the age of ten. She was a cute little girl with long golden curls and the biggest blue eyes . She looked so sad. Kate walked over to the little girl. She could see she was scared. Kate sat down beside her. "Well, hello my name is Kate what is yours?" she asked.
The little girl just shrugged her shoulders and looked down at the floor not saying a word. Kate asked, "do you like teddy bears? I have a bunch of them my self but I got some back in the triage I will get one for you if you like." The Little girl looked up at Kate and answered , "are you a nurse?" " Why, yes I am." she replied . The little girl forced a smile across her face then responded with a soft little voice," yes, I like teddy bears." Kate asked, " her where is your parents hun?" The little girl with tears in her eyes looked at Kate then spoke with such sadness. "They were in an accident and I was told to wait here by the police man and the ambulance man." Kate’s heart sunk just then because she had heard of the accident in the nurses station and it wasn’t a good report from what she over heard. She held out her hand to the little girl and asked, "would you like to go see what kind of teddy bears are back there?"
The little girl looked at her hand and carefully placed her hand in Kate’s . They walked off through the double doors and Kate walked into the triage room. Kate stood behind her as they walked over to a huge box of toys . Kate reached in a grabbed a huge soft teddy bear with a pink bow around its neck . She handed it to the little girl. Kate asked, " what is your name sweetheart? " "My name is Sarah," she said with a half of a smile. Thank you for the teddy bear. Your welcome Sarah.
Are you hungry or want something to drink. The little girl shook her head no then answered , "no, mam I want to see my mommy though . Please I need to pray for her." Kate looked over to the nurses station to see if someone was back there. A few nurses were there reading charts and preparing medication for the patients. She walked Sarah over to them. Kate leaned over the counter and asked quietly to one of the nurses there where Sarah’s mothers room was.
The nurse responded , "She is being prepared for OR, but you cant take her back there."
Kate looked down at Sarah’s big tear filled blue eyes and looked back at the nurse. I can too! She took Sarah down the Hall to a room where Sarah’s mom laid there with monitors hooked to her and an IV . Sarah looked at her mother and ran in the room. She went to her bed side and dropped to her knees laying her shaking frail hands on her chest and began to pray out loud! "Jesus, I ask you to heal my momma and let her not be harmed in any way, she always takes care of me when I am sick and she makes me laugh. I know you can do it Lord, because the bible tells me we are healed and all we have to do is ask you." Kate whipped tears from her eyes as she watched this little girl pray over her mom .
She looked at her monitors where it showed her vitals her blood pressure was so low and her heart rate wasn’t good but as this small child prayed and continued to pray her vitals changed. Slowly her oxygen levels increased her breathing became stable her blood pressure rose her color came back to her face and she reached over to grab her daughters hand! It was faith from that little girl and it was God answering her prayer. A dr. walked in and couldn’t believe his eyes. Shocked he looked at Kate and said, "I don’t believe this just a few minutes ago she was not even expected to make it to the OR!" He walked over to the mother and listened to her chest with a stethoscope and looked into the mothers eyes with a little light .
More and more the mother moved around and come too. She looked up at the Dr. and asked, " what happened? " The Dr. answered, " well mam, you were in an accident, and we thought we were going to loose you."
The child handed the teddy bear to the mother and turned to Kate and said, "I knew Jesus would heal her I knew he would!" She smiled and kissed her mom on the forehead.
Kate just stood by the door and watched the two of them embrace and thought to her self God you never fail. She walked away after a few moments and found the chapel room empty she went in and closed the door and got down on her knees.
She talked with God, and praised him for showing her this miracle ,she told him that because of this little girl she had learned something about Faith. She said, "God, I learned that when all else fails and things looks like they are going to fail this little girl taught me nothing is impossible as long as you believe and pray. I praise you for showing me this and I know you directed me to this child to teach me about faith."
After a while of spending time in prayer she returned to her duties. She walked down the hall with a glow and smile . She looked out the double Glass doors and saw Sarah sitting there with a huge grin on her face looking back at her. Sarah waved and blew her a kiss . Kate returned the gesture.

Know that God hears all your prayers and when you feel as if you cant pray no more then just stand!
for nothing is impossible with him.

Luke 18:27
27 Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."

Heb 11:5-6
5 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death; he could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Last edited:
I just wanted to let you know I read your work. Don't know what to say, it being a story and all, but were it true -- and there is no reason I know of where it couldn't -- I'd be dropping a few tears as well, and appreciating how tender our heavenly father is. Nice little story.....DGB

Isnt it great children dont question they are so faithful, It is true God does promise and I pray that I too can be as faithful as Sarah.