• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Prayer request for unsaved relations

Hi, I'd be very thankful for prayer for unsaved relations as you are guided by the Lord. Please pray for wisdom as have experienced difficulty.

Thank you and God bless.

Hello Seeker... will certainly keep your loved ones in my prayers. I too have loved ones who are lost. I found this lovely prayer by Wanda Alger....

LORD, I PRAY FOR OUR LOVED ONES WHO IS WANDERING AND LOST, THAT THEY WOULD…

…hunger for the Bread of life and thirst for the Living Water.

I am the Bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst (John 6:35). Also: Matthew 5:6 and Psalm 63:1.

…long for fellowship that ministers to their soul and inspires their spirit.
Think how you have instructed many, how you have strengthened feeble hands. Your words have supported those who stumbled; you have strengthened faltering knees (Job 4:3-4). Also: Romans 1:11-12, 1 Corinthians 14:26, and 1 John 1:7.

…hear the good news of God’s love and His power to heal, set free, and deliver.
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land (Proverbs 25:25). Also: Mark 5:19, Romans 1:16, and Romans 10:10-17.

…see the fruit of living for Christ and the joy and freedom it brings.
Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven (Matthew 5:15–16). Also: Proverbs 21:21; Acts 13:47; 1 Corinthians 1:18; and 1 Thessalonians 2:10.

…receive a fresh revelation of God’s love and a personal encounter Jesus.
And they were saying to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves and know that this One is indeed the Savior of the world (John 4:42). Also: Job 42:5; 1 Corinthians 13:12; and 1 John 5:20.

I will continue keeping you and your dear ones in my prayers.:love:

Active
1 Corinthians 7:12-14 ESV / 231 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

What joins a wife and a husband? Is it documents? Words that decree a vow?

It's love, see, love honors the vow, love owns it and keeps it in truth; if I have a brother who says he doesn't believe but then I witness him doing things and living by principles with are of God (he loves his neighbors and does uphold them well--he honors his friends and helps them in need--he stands for the oppressed and he helps the afflicted--his wife and his kids are happy with him and they do rejoice), then for what exactly should I be discouraged?

If somebody has a different speech than me or even a different understanding of words, but instinctively they know God and follow Him--which can be seen by their behavior--then this person is a believer. Jesus ministered principle; He taught virtue; he did not teach anything else--words, speech, and beliefs are a portion of the way of righteousness--it is when someone lives by the understanding and wisdom of uprightness that we know the truth is alive in them.

Again,

validating by word whether someone is a believer or not is actually just a credit to our own conscious and not theirs--see, The WORD teaches us to be good to one another, to be principled and not reprobate--to love without limit, spreading peace and joy wherever you go.

Active
Now, teaching others what you have learned of understanding and wisdom, of the ways of going which are good, is gain for them and for you. Also, it is possible to see and know believers that do not know Jesus Christ by word, but do know Him by Spirit--when they have learned that Jesus Christ ministered to us (man) and taught us to seek out and learn the same principles and truths which they are already living by then they will know that they have no reason to not believe in Him, because He speaks in the Spirit of Truth.

1 Corinthians 7:12-14 ESV / 231 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

What joins a wife and a husband? Is it documents? Words that decree a vow?

It's love, see, love honors the vow, love owns it and keeps it in truth; if I have a brother who says he doesn't believe but then I witness him doing things and living by principles with are of God (he loves his neighbors and does uphold them well--he honors his friends and helps them in need--he stands for the oppressed and he helps the afflicted--his wife and his kids are happy with him and they do rejoice), then for what exactly should I be discouraged?

If somebody has a different speech than me or even a different understanding of words, but instinctively they know God and follow Him--which can be seen by their behavior--then this person is a believer. Jesus ministered principle; He taught virtue; he did not teach anything else--words, speech, and beliefs are a portion of the way of righteousness--it is when someone lives by the understanding and wisdom of uprightness that we know the truth is alive in them.

Again,

validating by word whether someone is a believer or not is actually just a credit to our own conscious and not theirs--see, The WORD teaches us to be good to one another, to be principled and not reprobate--to love without limit, spreading peace and joy wherever you go.
Dear @twcstp111 ,

Thank you for kindly replying to my prayer request. I just reread it and realised I ought to have stated that to my knowledge they had not yet professed belief rather than what I said.

With regard to marriage, I divorced some years ago. We did not share the same belief in God.

Our child, now grown up, now has younger siblings.

Obviously I would that we hadnt experienced a broken relationship, but we now have to think of the children.

Active
See, Jesus said:
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Our Father in heaven is the King of Righteousness and the Prince of Peace--He is the Mighty God who is also called the Wonderful Counselor.

Council in: understanding, wisdom, knowledge, council, might, fear, and Spirit. Council in: Truth.

Righteousness is a behavior.
So is wickedness.

Both are practiced and are shown plainly by the practitioner. These are our behavior, which flow from our Spirit (our Heart). Those who dwell in righteousness are dwelling with God, and those who dwell not in righteousness are not with Him.

Active
Dear @twcstp111 ,

Thank you for kindly replying to my prayer request. I just reread it and realised I ought to have stated that to my knowledge they had not yet professed belief rather than what I said.

With regard to marriage, I divorced some years ago. We did not share the same belief in God.

Our child, now grown up, now has younger siblings.

Obviously I would that we hadnt experienced a broken relationship, but we now have to think of the children.

Well, when I spoke on those things it was to show you what is a believer, so that you would have peace of mind in knowing who really is or isn't, since your Spirit already tells you.

quote:
Let your Light so shine before men, that they man see your good deeds and Glorify your Father who is in Heaven.

Those who do good always give Glory to their Heavenly Father, who is God, and they are bright even as a light that shines in the dark.